PDA

View Full Version : Webster near-lock to start

patmoran2006
08-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Last night, and I dont remember the exact word for word terminology; but Jauron said that if Webster is healthy he will be "extremely hard" to unseat as the starter this season alongside McGee. again, I dont remember word for word exactly what he said, but trust me his words gave indication that along as he doesnt stay injured, he's starting.

Jabrari Greer took most of the snaps in place of Webster at practice yesterday.

My question is, what the hell is going on with Youboty? I've barely heard his name since camp started.

Bulldog
08-03-2007, 07:39 AM
I was starting to wonder the same thing. Wasn't Youboty considered very raw coming out of Ohio St.? Maybe they want to work him in the nickel package and let him progress from there. We all know he missed significant time last year in camp due to the passing of his mother. And he didn't play all that much last year during the regular season. No doubt the physical tools are in place, but I'm guessing the coaching staff doesn't feel comfortable yet with his mental grasp of the defensive scheme.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Youboty really wasn't all that good at Ohio St.

I was extremely shocked when some people had him as a first round grade. He was very raw, gambled too much and didn't make enough plays. There's a reason he fell to Rd3, like he did. NFL scouts know better than most prognosticators.

Honestly, to think of Youboty as anything more than a Dime CB at this point in time of his career, is expecting too much out of him.

Hopefully he can grow and mature as a player over the next couple years.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2007, 07:42 AM
I think the fact that he looks like his head is on a 2 foot stick is scary enough. He looks like he is waiting to get his bell rung.

madness
08-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Fans Applaud All Three Phases At Second Night Practice
by Chris Brown, Lead JournalistLast Updated: 8/2/2007 10:55 PM ET

Despite the fact that Webster has missed the last three practices, Jauron indicated the starting right cornerback job is his to lose.
"We're really happy we have Jason Webster," said Jauron. "That to me is a real good signing for us. He's a really good player who started a lot of games in this league. He's a quality guy. Hopefully he will get well fast and be right back out there. I think he's going to be a hard player to unseat."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5021

Michael82
08-03-2007, 08:03 AM
I think that Webster will turn out to be the biggest steal of the FA period this year. He's looking very good and I definitely agree with Jauron.

OpIv37
08-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Good news on Webster, bad news on Youboty..... let the Daymeion Hughes watch begin.

EDS
08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
I think the big question with Webster is whether he can stay healthy given his injury problems the past few seasons. I just hope the Bills have a viable Plan B.

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't recall Webster having a first round grade.

patmoran2006
08-03-2007, 10:12 AM
He actually went in round two when he was drafted, higher than Youboty

The Spaz
08-03-2007, 11:52 AM
People doubted the Webster move...lol. From everything I hav ebeen hearing Webster and Evans have each had there fair share of battles for the ball with each winning and losing a few.

G. Host
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
People doubted the Webster move because he has not been able to stay healthy not due to lack of talent. Hopefully he will stay healthy not just in training camp but in preseason and in regular season. All of the talent in the worlld does not help if you can not be on the field.

Oaf
08-03-2007, 12:17 PM
At this point, Youboty is our 5th CB, nothing less, nothing more. He's behind Greer as well as Thomas.
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a praise of KT and Greer's play, but rather a sign that Youboty is still learning slow. Those who are pulling for him to start anytime soon, may be a little disappointed until further notice.

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
He actually went in round two when he was drafted, higher than Youboty
But did he have a first or a second round grade?

That's what's important.

casdhf
08-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Was Webster's deal one year or two . . . I don't remember

Bling
08-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Youboty? Isn't he the steal from the 06 draft? Or was that Simpson?

OpIv37
08-03-2007, 12:34 PM

supposedly both- some people had Youboty as a 1st rounder and we got him as a 3rd. Simpson came out of school early and we got him in the 4th.

But Youboty did nothing last year- he was injured then had a death in the family. Simpson started most of the games- he proved to be talented but raw and really needs to improve on reading plays and being in the right spot.

Bling
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
supposedly both- some people had Youboty as a 1st rounder and we got him as a 3rd. Simpson came out of school early and we got him in the 4th.

But Youboty did nothing last year- he was injured then had a death in the family. Simpson started most of the games- he proved to be talented but raw and really needs to improve on reading plays and being in the right spot.

So you got ****-eyed Webster, McGee, and two Sophomores as your starting secondary? Hmm...

http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/187676.jpg

Carlton Bailey
08-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Every year there's a surprise cut at the end of the preseason. I'm starting to think that's going to be Ashton Youboty. Hey, the Raiders cut Darnell Bing, who only went one round lower than Youboty.

OpIv37
08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
So you got ****-eyed Webster, McGee, and two Sophomores as your starting secondary? Hmm...

the safety spots actually don't concern me because they started all year last year and the pass D was fine. Simpson needs to improve but he wasn't a liability last year. CB is definitely scary because McGee has struggled and early word on Youboty isn't good.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM

Youboty is fair game but Simpson played pretty well for a 4th rounder. Matter-of-fact Whitner and Simpson played great for rookies. Heck, they both started.

OpIv37
08-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Youboty is fair game but Simpson played pretty well for a 4th rounder. Matter-of-fact Whitner and Simpson played great for rookies. Heck, they both started.

well they both started more because of a lack of other options more so than because they were so great.

That being said, Whitner played fairly well and like I said before, Simpson has room to improve but he wasn't a liability.

BillsFever21
08-04-2007, 03:08 AM
I thought Youboty was good that we could spare Clements? That worked out good. He couldn't even see the field last year and now he can't even beat out late round bums for a nickel back.

Goobylal
08-06-2007, 06:23 AM

Who does Miami have starting in their secondary? That's what I thought.

Night Train
08-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Webster is no stranger to being hurt, I see.