PDA

View Full Version : Is Jason Peters Buffalos' Darling?

Pride
08-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I get the feeling that Jason Peters is that guy on every team that every fan can identify with. Not because he is a hometown guy or anything... but because he was an undrafted free agent rookie, worked hard to make the team as a TE/Special Teamer, worked hard when asked to move further inside to Right Tackle, then worked hard enough to move into the starting LT position and get national attention.

If that doesn't scream Buffalo, I don't know what does! Hard work, never say never attitude, then never become content once you find success!

Kudos to Jason, I hope he's here as long as he's playing football!

:respect:

OpIv37
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Darling? You make it sound so masculine. When I think of 330 lb monsters who make money by knocking people down, "darling" is the first word that pops into my head.

Dr. Lecter
08-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Unless he wanted me to call him that.

Then I would.

Meathead
08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
if i ever meet him im gonna challenge him to a chicken wing eating contest and then a fist fight :box:

G. Host
08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes he is Buffalo's Darling. Buffalo fans have a tradition of picking a player and looking at his strengths and none of his faults blaming his problems on everyone else.

Jason Peters definitely qualifies.

Mitchy moo
08-03-2007, 11:50 AM
if i ever meet him im gonna challenge him to a chicken wing eating contest and then a fist fight :box:

lol, you and the three gorilla's with you.

Goobylal
08-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Hard not to love a guy like Jason Peters playing for you. Here is a kid who faced long odds and became a rising star in a VERY short period of time. And he still sounds humble and thankful for his situation.

ublinkwescore
08-03-2007, 02:31 PM

You'll have to go through me to get to any Bills players.

Except Tim Anderson.

BillsPride12
08-03-2007, 02:54 PM
He is the anti-Mike Williams. All the more reason for Buffalo fans to adore him:respect:

The Jokeman
08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I get the feeling that Jason Peters is that guy on every team that every fan can identify with. Not because he is a hometown guy or anything... but because he was an undrafted free agent rookie, worked hard to make the team as a TE/Special Teamer, worked hard when asked to move further inside to Right Tackle, then worked hard enough to move into the starting LT position and get national attention.

If that doesn't scream Buffalo, I don't know what does! Hard work, never say never attitude, then never become content once you find success!

Kudos to Jason, I hope he's here as long as he's playing football!

:respect:
For now he might be but wait until a game when he gives up 2 sacks or he turns out into a Pro Bowler and asks to rework his current contract and/or becomes an UFA and goes elsewhere for bigger money.

chernobylwraiths
08-03-2007, 07:20 PM
He reminds me of Pat Williams. I hope we don't treat him like we did Pat.