• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

McCargo out indefinitely

Off the AP wire at work .....

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Bills reserve defensive tackle John McCargo is out indefinitely after straining an abdominal muscle during a training camp practice Friday.
    Coach Dick Jauron couldn't estimate how much practice time McCargo will miss, saying only "We hope it won't be long." It's not clear when McCargo was hurt, but he continued watching practice from the sideline with his stomach heavily wrapped.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: McCargo out indefinitely

(sigh)

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Oh God, here comes Op with the predictions of the franchises end being near in 3...2......1......
      Wait, it's 5:30, he is probably stuck in traffic, or something else to ***** about.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HAMMER
        Oh God, here comes Op with the predictions of the franchises end being near in 3...2......1......
        Seriously, how many times is the guy going to get injured though? This is ATLEAST the 3rd one in the past year. If you were one of the Bills fans (like me) that thought McCargo was a reach in the 1st this doesn't neccessarily make you feel any better about the guy.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

This guy has to learn to be healthy or else he'll never get a chance to help us.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

This guy does seem to be freaking Fragile...

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Is it too early to call him injury prone yet? 3 injuries in 3 years.....
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I'm not one to overreact but I would agree with Op, assuming he posts what I think he will.

This guy needs to stay healthy real quick. It's starting to get old.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Bills reserve defensive tackle John McCargo is out indefinitely after straining an abdominal muscle during a training camp practice Friday. He was last seen wrestling a giant ogre for the last hot dog.
                  Coach Dick Jauron couldn't estimate how much practice time McCargo will miss, saying only "We hope it won't be long." It's not clear when McCargo was hurt, but he continued watching practice from the sideline with his stomach heavily wrapped.
                  :fat:

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    Wait, it's 5:30, he is probably stuck in traffic, or something else to ***** about.
                    McCargo was our only "upgrade" to a DL that was 28th against the run. He missed a lot of conditioning time with his surgery in the off-season and now he's missing more conditioning time in camp. If you don't see this as a problem, I guess you were satisfied with last year's DL and don't really care about winning.

Seriously, how can you NOT be concerned about the prospect of Tim Anderson getting more reps?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Is it too early to call him injury prone yet? 3 injuries in 3 years.....
                      Thought it was 3 in 1 year? I'm not counting his collegiate career either. Either way, if there were any recent Bills player that I thought was going to be a bust, this would be it.

Comment

• Stewie
                        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                        • Aug 2002

Agreed. Because the DL are the only players who are allowed to stop the run. Also, field position and the score have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the other team can afford to run the ball the first place.

Originally posted by Topdog
                        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        I love Weiner.
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        also cheese

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          Thought it was 3 in 1 year? I'm not counting his collegiate career either. Either way, if there were any recent Bills player that I thought was going to be a bust, this would be it.
                          it's at least 2 in less than a year, and he had to have a second surgery for the one that happened during the season last year. There may have been 3- I can't recall if he was injured in pre season at all last year, and he was injured his final year of college as well. Either way, it's a minimum 2 injuries in a year and 3 in 3 years.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Op we all see it as a concern but what can we do ....Can i call up Polian or holgrem and start some trade talks

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by paulB
                              Agreed. Because the DL are the only players who are allowed to stop the run. Also, field position and the score have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the other team can afford to run the ball the first place.

Other than Poz we have the same LB's as last year as well, and in our defensive system DT's are supposed to rush the passer as well. Did you not see what happened last year with our rotation of Tripplett, Anderson, Williams and Jefferson? Well, guess what? It's gonna happen again. Even if McCargo plays, he's missed so much conditioning and practice time already so it's unreasonable to expect too much.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X