If we hear about an injury or a rumor, let's keep the doom to a minimum........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

If we hear about an injury or a rumor, let's keep the doom to a minimum........

I cannot stand the agenda's of people who wish to express their displeasure with certain players & their ability to play. We hear JP hurt his back and our season was over until reality set in, McCargo is out indefinetely until Jauron says he'll be right back.

We feel we need to focus on the players at Camp and their individual talents, not just their shortfalls. All the players are there because they have talent at some level, not by accident. The coaches have seen something that might benefit the team and too many people are on here dumping on them. Getting an injury at some level via contact is natural and your going to get some dings, this isn't touch football.

I will not point fingers but the doomsday people know who they are, they just need to stop. You don't know enough about the guys and being a Junior journalists means your being a a-hole with too much time on your hands. Let's try to talk about football and the things we love and try not to pi** in your neighbors soup, it makes no one happy. Take your miserable *** to a bar and talk to a jack-off that cares, the boys here have more important things to talk about
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: If we hear about an injury or a rumor, let's keep the doom to a minimum........

Easily your best post ever...but you know what's coming.

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Re: If we hear about an injury or a rumor, let's keep the doom to a minimum........

Ok, here you go:

Parrish is lookin pretty awesome so far in camp. I think he can become our poor man's Steve Smith. And we'll need him to step up because I don't trust a washed up Price and an inconsistant Reed.

McCargo has looked pretty ****ty so far in camp. Our Def. coaches have been on his ass and even went so far as to say "If you're going to play like that, go home" and also plenty of accounts are coming in saying that he's being manhandled by our BACKUP O-linemen. Sure he'll make a good play here and then, but Kyle Williams is a 6th rounder and he's showing McCargo up big time. It's not just that he;s been injured, its that he apparently isn't up to snuff this season. And guess what, Youboty is not looking like he's going to be starting anything more than dime formation and everyone was banking on him too. Just because a player isn't cutting it doesnt mean we can't call that problem out and debate it, but when certain people just don't want to take realization and defend them to the very last breath, even though there is really no basis on their side of the agruement, that's what pisses me off the most. Dude, McCargo is not being mentioned ANYWHERE. Know who is? Lynch, Losman, Evans, Peters, Poz, Ellison...so what if McCargo sucks, he probably does, and probably will. but until he shows he's worth that 1rst rounder, don't jump down peoples throats that aren't too thrilled with what we invested in mccargo and have not been thrilled since the day they called his name in the draft.

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

Good post Skooby. McCargo is still a guy in his second training camp. Granted, he hasn't gotten off to a grand start yet, but I'm not ready to say we should start forming a lynch mob either...

A lot of guys that have played for this team didn't emerge right away but turned out to be good players after a couple years in the league. Eric Moulds comes to mind.

Jon

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Whatever, I think McCargo needs to step it up ALOT. I'm not saying he is a bust quite yet, but I'm saying that if he turns out to be one I wouldn't be surprised. Anyways, some people want a big happy sausage fest with no bashing or sense of reality at all. It's OK to not like certain players on the roster. You don't have to be a whore to the entire Bills staff. If you don't like someone or something that's happening call it out! IMO, that's what makes a fan. Somebody who cares about the team enough to say something ain't right, cause Lord knows you'll take alot of **** for it.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
            Easily your best post ever...but you know what's coming.
            What? My reputation going into the red?? Brother i am easily Moses parting the Red Sea of Rep, lol.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
              Whatever, I think McCargo needs to step it up ALOT. I'm not saying he is a bust quite yet, but I'm saying that if he turns out to be one I wouldn't be surprised. Anyways, some people want a big happy sausage fest with no bashing or sense of reality at all. It's OK to not like certain players on the roster. You don't have to be a whore to the entire Bills staff. If you don't like someone or something that's happening call it out! IMO, that's what makes a fan. Somebody who cares about the team enough to say something ain't right, cause Lord knows you'll take alot of **** for it.
              Whatever, you found one or even a group of players that needs to step it up ALOT. Is that ever NOT true??? Even in our SB years we had players that needed to step it up alot.

Every damn year there is questions, on every team, every year.

Your opinion may be right, but in no way dictates our seasons results before it happens.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

I think there are some key player and positions on this team that have a diirect correlation to our success this year. Nobody has been freaking out that DiGorgio is day-to-day on his injury or that Ellison had to sit out a practice.

However, everyone here has read that a HEALTHY McCargo is one of the keys to our season. He's out of shape, struggled in camp, and now he's injured. He is a player that needs every single rep that he can get.

Peters and JP both got injured and it took a few hours before we heard the severity of both. I think the panic button goes off, me especially, because we won't survive the season without Peters or JP.

We have no depth so injuries are a scary team especially for this team. Look what happened to Cleveland the last few years if you need an example.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  I think there are some key player and positions on this team that have a diirect correlation to our success this year. Nobody has been freaking out that DiGorgio is day-to-day on his injury or that Ellison had to sit out a practice.

However, everyone here has read that a HEALTHY McCargo is one of the keys to our season. He's out of shape, struggled in camp, and now he's injured. He is a player that needs every single rep that he can get.

Peters and JP both got injured and it took a few hours before we heard the severity of both. I think the panic button goes off, me especially, because we won't survive the season without Peters or JP.

We have no depth so injuries are a scary team especially for this team. Look what happened to Cleveland the last few years if you need an example.
                  Every year we have supposed "keys" to our season, every damn year.

Does anyone want to claim that our secondary wasnt an annual concern during our SB run? Wasnt THAT a key to our success?

No, its nothing more than finding our weaknesses and focusing on it.

McCargo is one DT in a rotation of at least 4, Hargrove could easily adequately replace him. And its one player at one position that can be fortified through better run support from the LB's and S's.

Its a matter of outlook, some see the game as a team sport and look for young players to step up like Ellison last year who came out of nowhere, others focus on "key" players.

I choose not to look at it that way, thats all.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Again, look what happened to us. Crowell goes down and in comes a late round rookie in Ellison who now has become one of our best LB's.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                      Again, look what happened to us. Crowell goes down and in comes a late round rookie in Ellison who now has become one of our best LB's.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Uhhh, Ellison was playing for Spikes. We got Wire on the field when Crowell got hurt.

I think I remember how dominate we were when Crowell went down. On their winning drive the Titans ran the ball 12 of 13 times.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

McCargo is one DT in a rotation of at least 4, Hargrove could easily adequately replace him. And its one player at one position that can be fortified through better run support from the LB's and S's.
                          I like you JP but you are wrong again. Hargrove is a hybrid that splits time at the end. He is predominately used for rushing the passer, not run support. So Hargrove stepping in for McCargo is not an option.

It's either Anderson or Jefferson. Tell me that you feel good about these guys. Go ahead.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Uhhh, Ellison was playing for Spikes. We got Wire on the field when Crowell got hurt.

I think I remember how dominate we were when Crowell went down. On their winning drive the Titans ran the ball 12 of 13 times.
                            My problem with your comments is that they seem to be a bit to negative minded.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

My problem with your comments is that they seem to be a bit to negative minded.
                              The whole point of this thread exactly, rome is not burning folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X