PDA

View Full Version : Eagles will trade Holcomb!

HHURRICANE
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM
How much worse is the Spikes deal going to get? I heard on the radio this AM that the Eagles are looking at getting a 5th or 6th rounder for Holcomb.

mayotm
08-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Before getting all hot and bothered by this rumor, lets see if it actually happens. I would be shocked if the Eagles got anything for him. It's obvious he will be cut.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Before getting all hot and bothered by this rumor, lets see if it actually happens. I would be shocked if the Eagles got anything for him. It's obvious he will be cut.

They already have interest from 3 teams.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Where did you hear this?

!Papacrunk!
08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
it wouldn't surprise me, it seems like (outside of the TO thing) the Eagles front office is always wheeling and dealing pretty good situations. THEY GOT A 2nd ROUND PICK FOR FEELEY! Then again maybe that was more the great *cough* maneuvering of the WannSpiel Experience TM.

MikeInRoch
08-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Whatever the Eagles get for him is irrelevant to how good or bad our deal with the Eagles was.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Where did you hear this?

Sirrius. Atlanta, Detroit, and the Vikings.

RockStar36
08-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Who really cares? The Bills dumped Holcomb and it didn't really matter what they got. It was one of those things where they just needed to cut their losses and get something, even if it was a big of balls. I'm glad they even got anything for that bum. If another team wants to give him a job more power to them. I hope they know what they are getting themselves into.

Actually...

Those three teams listed are dome teams. Maybe Holcomb will be good with absolutely no wind affecting him. Then again, if he doesn't have the wind at his back he might not get the ball to go past 8 yards.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Who really cares? The Bills dumped Holcomb and it didn't really matter what they got. It was one of those things where they just needed to cut their losses and get something, even if it was a big of balls. I'm glad they even got anything for that bum. If another team wants to give him a job more power to them. I hope they know what they are getting themselves into.

Actually...

Those three teams listed are dome teams. Maybe Holcomb will be good with absolutely no wind affecting him. Then again, if he doesn't have the wind at his back he might not get the ball to go past 8 yards.

I agree with everything you just said.

However, it's starting to look like the Eagles are getting players for Spikes. That doesn't look too good.

Mitchy moo
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
WARNING, DOOM THREAD above. Please see:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=131392

HHURRICANE
08-04-2007, 10:19 AM

Tell it to coach Martz.

!Papacrunk!
08-04-2007, 10:24 AM

wasn't there also a thread created in the SPAM Forum at one point in the past that was reserved for all Skooby posts.

Who are you to tell people what they should or shouldn't post, negative or positive? I believe that right is reserved for the MODS

RockStar36
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
I agree with everything you just said.

However, it's starting to look like the Eagles are getting players for Spikes. That doesn't look too good.

Honestly, I'll live.

Spikes isn't the player he used to be. As of right now I see him as a big name and nothing more.

It's one of those deals like when I play Madden and instead of cutting the player I dump them off for like a 6th or 7th round pick just so I at least get something out of the deal. That's how I'm looking at it anyways.

Philagape
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
If Trent Green fetches just a conditional fifth-rounder, how can any team justify even a seventh-rounder for a 34-year-old weak-armed backup?

LtFinFan66
08-04-2007, 10:31 AM
wasn't there also a thread created in the SPAM Forum at one point in the past that was reserved for all Skooby posts.

Who are you to tell people what they should or shouldn't post, negative or positive? I believe that right is reserved for the MODS:goodpost:

Scumbag College
08-04-2007, 10:46 AM
If Trent Green fetches just a conditional fifth-rounder, how can any team justify even a seventh-rounder for a 34-year-old weak-armed backup?

It's probably just put out there by the Philly front office to generate some sort of interest for him. It's clear that with McNabb, drafting a QB with their first pick of the draft, and Feeley still on the roster, that Holcomb is the odd man out. I think most GMs around the league know this, and won't be duped into giving up a draft pick for Holcomb.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2007, 09:48 PM
WHY DO WE CARE?? Some you don't get the fact that instead of cutting Spikes and eating most of his salary we traded him and eat nothing. Who cares what else happens after this fact?

DynaPaul
08-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I heard one team wants to trade a $50 gift certificate for LL Bean, Madden 08 for Xbox, and a pack of donuts for him.

Meathead
08-05-2007, 03:19 AM
never in a jillion years would any team give a pick for holcomb. i like the guy as a backup qb but hes just not worth giving up any picks for, let alone a fifth

sounds like a pre-cut fishing expedition thats going nowhere

BillsFever21
08-05-2007, 04:13 AM
WHY DO WE CARE?? Some you don't get the fact that instead of cutting Spikes and eating most of his salary we traded him and eat nothing. Who cares what else happens after this fact?

How do you figure that? Did the revenue sharing policy change in the last year? No matter if a player is traded or released you will still eat the rest of the bonus money on your cap that season. If the player doesn't make the opening day roster then you also don't owe them any salary at all. It doesn't matter which way you get rid of a player the rules work the same both ways.

The team that trades for the player eats none of the bonus money and is only reliable for the rest of his salar and years on the contract only for as long as he makes your opening day roster. If for some reason that team trades/cut that same player it doesn't cost them anything because the team that originally traded him already ate the bonus money left to be paid on the cap as long as he doesn't make the roster.

Gunzlingr
08-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Where is the Answer? He swore Holcomb would be the starter in Philly by the time the season started.

X-Era
08-05-2007, 10:27 AM
How much worse is the Spikes deal going to get? I heard on the radio this AM that the Eagles are looking at getting a 5th or 6th rounder for Holcomb.
Must be a few teams have room on their bench!

Scumbag College
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Where is the Answer? He swore Holcomb would be the starter in Philly by the time the season started.

I haven't seen him in a while. I kinda miss him.

mikemac2001
08-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I haven't seen him in a while. I kinda miss him.

I dont :dance: