• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Colts Cut Simon Offically

According to ESPN news
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Colts Cut Simon Offically

Let's rope him in and tighten up our D!

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

I'd bring him in for a 1-year $1.3M deal.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I wouldn't count on it. He didn't pass his physical, nobody knows what's wrong with him, and based on his teammates reactions it sounds like something that, to some degree, is in his control.

I don't know if it's psychological, AIDS, or some other issue that I can't think of but we already had one basket case in OTAs that we just cut becuase he couldn't find his head from his butt.

In addition Marv almost always avoids these players like the plague.

Comment

• more cowbell
          • Apr 2006

Id bring him in for a workout and see how he looks. Couldn't hurt considering how good he used to be, and considering DT is arguably the weakest position on the team.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I wouldn't count on it. He didn't pass his physical, nobody knows what's wrong with him, and based on his teammates reactions it sounds like something that, to some degree, is in his control.

I don't know if it's psychological, AIDS, or some other issue that I can't think of but we already had one basket case in OTAs that we just cut becuase he couldn't find his head from his butt.

In addition Marv almost always avoids these players like the plague.
            Dude, Im hangin in there and waiting for your posts to improve but Corey Simon is a basket case????

Please do some homework before blasting the guy like this.

If signed hed be a great addition, IMO.

He has NO character issues. The Colts didnt want to pay him, thats it in a nutshell. They signed Booger, they felt he was expendable.

Comment

• duhbilz
              S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
              Let's rope him in and tighten up our D!
              Will he be able to find a uni that fits? He's like a big fat tub of lard, he didn't even pass the Colts physical. BTW,the Colts are the second team in 2 years to let hium go cause they found a replacement for him....if that's indeed the reason they let him go.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by duhbilz
                Will he be able to find a uni that fits? He's like a big fat tub of lard, he didn't even pass the Colts physical.
                Huhh???? I must have missed the report talking about his weight problem...link?

They cut him because they didnt want him, but two years ago he was a pro-bowler.

We can get the guy cheap, why the hell not?

Comment

• more cowbell
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jp-era

They cut him because they didnt want him, but two years ago he was a pro-bowler.

Exactly...he used to be a very good player, over the past couple seasons he hasn't been the same, but if we can get him in here for cheap then how could that be a bad thing?

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by more cowbell
                    Exactly...he used to be a very good player, over the past couple seasons he hasn't been the same, but if we can get him in here for cheap then how could that be a bad thing?
                    Thats exactly what Im thinking, Id pay alot more than vet minimum. Id pay second tier vet pay. But ONLY if the contract includes verbiage saying he must pass a physical.

Hes a great player, who hasnt been great lately. Incentive ladened, cheap, I dont care.

Comment

• duhbilz
                      • Jul 2007

I was watching ESPN news and Colts camp on NFL network. ESPN elduded to his weight, on NFL network camp coverage the Colts representitive said they couldn't discuss the reasons for relasing him for leagl reasons. But consider the fact that the Eagles gave up on Cory and now the Colts, it could be he jsut doesn't want to participate in camp (it seems to be a trend in the NFL with older veterans, especially O and D linemen)), if so that's not good either.

I think he's over weight and out of shape, he's always been on the heavy side, ESPN did make mention of his weight and there is no reason to let Simon go if infact he's ready to play. If it's just his contract you try and trade him to a team like Buffalo for what they got from Chicago for Walker, at the very least. That's also not the case. It doesn't take a whole lot to figure out the reason for his release.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Thats exactly what Im thinking, Id pay alot more than vet minimum. Id pay second tier vet pay. But ONLY if the contract includes verbiage saying he must pass a physical.

Hes a great player, who hasnt been great lately. Incentive ladened, cheap, I dont care.
                        If he doesn't pass the physical, there is no contract.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                          If he doesn't pass the physical, there is no contract.
                          Exactly, its a simple point and covers us. It makes bringing him in a no-brainer.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by duhbilz
                            I was watching ESPN news and Colts camp on NFL network. ESPN elduded to his weight, on NFL network camp coverage the Colts representitive said they couldn't discuss the reasons for relasing him for leagl reasons. But consider the fact that the Eagles gave up on Cory and now the Colts, it could be he jsut doesn't want to participate in camp (it seems to be a trend in the NFL with older veterans, especially O and D linemen)), if so that's not good either.

I think he's over weight and out of shape, he's always been on the heavy side, ESPN did make mention of his weight and there is no reason to let Simon go if infact he's ready to play. If it's just his contract you try and trade him to a team like Buffalo for what they got from Chicago for Walker, at the very least. That's also not the case. It doesn't take a whole lot to figure out the reason for his release.
                            Espn eludes, you think...we will call that speculation. Im missing why we dont look at him. If he IS overweight, or if he ISNT willing to work in training camp, we cant find that out by signing him, and letting training camp play out? At best you get a great player, at worst you cut training camp fodder. BTW, that exactly what we do anyways every damn year.

Comment

• duhbilz
                              • Jul 2007

Exactly, its a simple point and covers us. It makes bringing him in a no-brainer.
                              Well I guess the next couple of days will tell the tale, but he's clearly not the player he was 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X