PDA

View Full Version : Was Marv Sleeping?

B-DON
08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
When ever they would show close ups of the players sitting off to the side, every once in a while you could see marv in the 2nd row and i swear he was getting the heavy eyes. Was it just me or did anyone else see Marv about to pass out like 3 times? Is our FO really that old? Overall good day to be a Bills Fan though!!!!

PECKERWOOD
08-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Maybe Marv is about to die. :(

HAMMER
08-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe Marv is about to die. :(

Marv isn't anywhere near death. He could outrun you today, and probably for another five years.

Wys Guy
08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Is our FO really that old?
No, actually Marv's really only 49.

It was all that time he spent out in the hot midwest sun on the beaches of Lake Michigan while he was in Chicago. His skin took a beating and made him look like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Was Micheal Irving giving his speech at the time??

B-DON
08-04-2007, 09:10 PM
No, actually Marv's really only 49.

It was all that time he spent out in the hot midwest sun on the beaches of Lake Michigan while he was in Chicago. His skin took a beating and made him look like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons.

Terrible joke and no it was Matthews that was speaking when i noticed it

Philagape
08-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I wish I'm as sharp and fit when I'm 82. If nodding off is the most conspicuous thing he does, that's pretty damn good.

Wys Guy
08-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Terrible joke and no it was Matthews that was speaking when i noticed it
Terrible question.

He's 82. No more, no less. So what kind of a question is it to ask "is our FO really that old?"

It wasn't really a joke, it was a facetious response to an obvious answer.

And let's be real, you really don't believe that Marv was hired to be anything but a figurehead with Ralph, who's also really a few months shy of 89, grasping at straws to save any last semblances of credibility he had left after the Donadope debacle, do you?

If Marv flops, it's gonna be very, very ugly in Buffalo re: the Bills. That's a fact.

YardRat
08-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Terrible question.

He's 82. No more, no less. So what kind of a question is it to ask "is our FO really that old?"

And let's be real, you really don't believe that Marv was hired to be anything but a figurehead with Ralph, who's also really a few months shy of 89, grasping at straws to save any last semblances of credibility he had left after the Donadope debacle, do you?

If Marv flops, it's gonna be very, very ugly in Buffalo re: the Bills. That's a fact.

Actually it's speculation. It will only become fact if it actually happens.

I don't know why some people have such problems with that concept.

John Doe
08-04-2007, 09:28 PM

What if he succeeds?

raphael120
08-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I thought that too but it looked like he was just looking down at his speech notes...

....I hope. Haha.

But damn, for bein 81, he's still got it. Has to be the funniest, smartest, respectable old guy I know. I just love how represented Buffalo was tonight. Good memories, man...the good ol days. Wish I was my age now when the SB run happened, I was only 8 years old when they went to their first one, but I remember sittin there with my whole family in Buffalo when they were at the SB. I dont remember much but I remember the excitement. It'd be nice to see another time like that again, but I think it's a tal order to fill to go to 4 SB's in a row again, but hey, at least we as fans can say that OUR team did it, we may not have won, but we did it 4 times and NO ONE else has or maybe never will! We might have been the only team to do that for a very long time, or even forever the way FA is and they dynamic of rise and fall of teams. That's really an accomplisment if you think about it.

ublinkwescore
08-05-2007, 12:48 AM
What if he succeeds?

IF???

Marv Levy is a football god - and don't you ever forget it!

ublinkwescore
08-05-2007, 12:50 AM
I thought that too but it looked like he was just looking down at his speech notes...

....I hope. Haha.

But damn, for bein 81, he's still got it. Has to be the funniest, smartest, respectable old guy I know. I just love how represented Buffalo was tonight. Good memories, man...the good ol days. Wish I was my age now when the SB run happened, I was only 8 years old when they went to their first one, but I remember sittin there with my whole family in Buffalo when they were at the SB. I dont remember much but I remember the excitement. It'd be nice to see another time like that again, but I think it's a tal order to fill to go to 4 SB's in a row again, but hey, at least we as fans can say that OUR team did it, we may not have won, but we did it 4 times and NO ONE else has or maybe never will! We might have been the only team to do that for a very long time, or even forever the way FA is and they dynamic of rise and fall of teams. That's really an accomplisment if you think about it.

I was 10 when they went to their first one - I watched every single minute of our 51-3 @$$kicking we gave the Raiders - and loved every single minute of it.

Night Train
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
If Marv slept thru the other speeches, then no one should question his genius.

B-DON
08-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Terrible question.

I didnt know our FO only consisted of the G.M. and Owner. What about the others? And no matter what, i will give marv a free pass. He did lead us to 4 straight super bowls

justasportsfan
08-05-2007, 12:53 PM
What if he succeeds?
crickets chirping. No way no how Marv succeeds. He will only fail in their eyes.

!Papacrunk!
08-05-2007, 02:39 PM
what you guys need to do is completely change his image and steal from the Chuck Norris jokes, just substitute Wilson for CN.

ublinkwescore
08-05-2007, 04:04 PM
what you guys need to do is completely change his image and steal from the Chuck Norris jokes, just substitute Wilson for CN.

What???

I could have sworn we were talking about Marv Levy right now.

!Papacrunk!
08-05-2007, 04:44 PM
What???

I could have sworn we were talking about Marv Levy right now.

lol, my bad, I meant to type Levy

OpIv37
08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Actually it's speculation. It will only become fact if it actually happens.

I don't know why some people have such problems with that concept.

yeah, you're right. It's perfectly plausible to think that 2 failed GMs and over a decade of lousy football would have no negative repercussions. Fans won't care, sponsors won't care and no one will talk about moving the team. :rolleyes:

Stoneludlow
08-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Marv was probably going over his notes for his speech or checking is Blackberry in how practice was earlier in the day. Give that Phi Beta Kappa a break, cause he's crazy..crazy like a fox!