PDA

View Full Version : As much as I have disliked Micheal Irvin.....

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2007, 09:00 PM
That was a fantastic speech he gave tonight. One of the best I have ever seen at HoF induction.

chubluv
08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
No as usual he was full of hot air.

evol4276
08-04-2007, 09:59 PM
that was EXACTLY what i was thinking

btw does he jus have 2 sons or does he have daughters too> cuz he mentioned his sons a bunch and when they showed them n his wife there were younger girls sitting next to his wife that were never mentioned

duhbilz
08-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I think Parts of it were OK, but I wouldn't even put it in the top 50 I've heard. He was trying to act as if his induction was something special to everyone and he wasn't even a first ballot HOF'er.

duhbilz
08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
that was EXACTLY what i was thinking

btw does he jus have 2 sons or does he have daughters too> cuz he mentioned his sons a bunch and when they showed them n his wife there were younger girls sitting next to his wife that were never mentioned

That's only a small part of the reason why I think his speach was less then impressive. Mark my words he will taint his career to the point of no return before alls said and done. The fact that he lost his gig with ESPN is just a small part of that.

cocamide
08-05-2007, 04:54 AM
I didn't see the whole thing (what was it, like 30 minutes long?), but I agree, the last part was very humbling. I was surprised actually and gained some respect for him. I'm now watching Thurman's speech on nfl.com

Historian
08-05-2007, 06:00 AM
I have problem with putting guys in the HOF because they're on tv.

Irvin and Diedork are two prime examples.

Night Train
08-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Irvin is such an idiot.

I'll always picture him in that Superfly outfit when the judge kicked him out of his court for dressing like a complete jackass.

ESPN kept trying to feature him on SC this morning and the mute button came in handy.

The Spaz
08-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Thurman was better!:up:

MikeInRoch
08-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Irvin is hugely over-rated. Reed and Monk both deserve to be in before him.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I have problem with putting guys in the HOF because they're on tv.

Irvin and Diedork are two prime examples.

Irvin yes, Dierdorf no. He was a great OT. One of the best.

DraftBoy
08-05-2007, 09:26 AM

Ummm...not even close

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I noticed some white stuff under his nose, looks like he's back in the saddle.:oops:

duhbilz
08-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Much better, more genuine, his speech was humble and greatful. Michael Irvins speech was purely used to get attention. I don't believe anything the man says, there wasn't the slightest bit of sincerity in anything he said IMO. All I pictured was after his speech he leaves the stage and and says to his wife,"Yo *****, you got my blow"?

ParanoidAndroid
08-05-2007, 01:30 PM
They were both good speeches. Thurman fumbled a lot during his...he's not very good at that sort of thing, obviously, but his had more character. Irvin puts on a good show and that's okay, too. Who knows how much he regrets his mistakes or how much he has changed. I cannot judge him.
I was glad that Thurman didn't thank God for putting everything together perfectly in his life like the others did. As if God decided that they should be "blessed" while someone else watches from a wheelchair in a 1978 streamline mobile home because he lost his legs in Vietnam instead of playing ball in college. "Thank you God, for loving me more than all those other suckers."

TedMock
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Irvin's speech was good and appeared to be very sincere. How can any of us claim that it wasn't? That's absurd. We don't know the man personally. As angry as I was with those Cowboy teams, I'm not going to sit here and be a hater. Just because Irvin handed our butts to us on a few occasions doesn't mean that his speech sucked. It also doesn't equate to him being overrated. He wasn't overrated. I do think that he screwed up by not mentioning his other three children though. I also think that Andre Reed should have been inducted first. However, Irvin, Smith and Aikman were all great players. Don't blindly suggest they any of them were not just because they killed us. Same with Jimmy Johnson - great coach no matter how you slice it. Hey, if our team was great and we lost 52-17 to them; why shouldn't they be considered great? I just hate when I hear "so and so sucks..." No, so and so is a great player whom you happen not to like.

duhbilz
08-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Irvin's speech was good and appeared to be very sincere. How can any of us claim that it wasn't? That's absurd. We don't know the man personally. As angry as I was with those Cowboy teams, I'm not going to sit here and be a hater. Just because Irvin handed our butts to us on a few occasions doesn't mean that his speech sucked. It also doesn't equate to him being overrated. He wasn't overrated. I do think that he screwed up by not mentioning his other three children though. I also think that Andre Reed should have been inducted first. However, Irvin, Smith and Aikman were all great players. Don't blindly suggest they any of them were not just because they killed us. Same with Jimmy Johnson - great coach no matter how you slice it. Hey, if our team was great and we lost 52-17 to them; why shouldn't they be considered great? I just hate when I hear "so and so sucks..." No, so and so is a great player whom you happen not to like.

Then you haven't been paying attention to his history.

Michael82
08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Great post, Lecter! I hate the guy too, but I thought that was one of the best HOF speeches that I have heard in a while and definitely the best of the night. It was very classy and emotional! :bf1:

The Spaz
08-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Ummm...not even close

Actually yes!