PDA

View Full Version : Choose your side, Homer or realist

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Are the Bills going to win the SB or have a early pick in the draft?? You decide what glass you sip from, Kool-aid or wine. It doesn't matter if you been a homer before or a realist before, choose.

Please explain your condition & why you feel the way you do.

PECKERWOOD
08-05-2007, 10:16 PM
"Only siths rationalize through extreme responses, Anakin!" - Obi Won Kenobi

I don't think we'll win the superbowl nor do I think that we'll have the number one pick next year, put me in that category.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 10:18 PM
"Only siths rationalize through extreme emotions Anakin!" - Obi Won Kenobi

I don't think we'll win the superbowl nor do I think that we'll have the number one pick next year, put me in that category.

That makes you a realist, homers know a SB victory is in hand.

Saratoga Slim
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
haven't we done this before

ParanoidAndroid
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
You forgot the pessimist option because there are at least a couple of self-proclaimed "realists" who need to be honest with themselves as well.

Billz_fan
08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Realist, My homer days ended long ago.

Will we win the SB this year ? I would love it, but I doubt it :/

Will we have the first pick in the draft next year ? I seriously doubt it.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 10:24 PM
haven't we done this before

Last season we did but not this year, we also take converts on the Homer side so I hope to bring a few home.

realdealryan
08-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I am a realist with so much hope that I am nearly a Homer, yet I refuse to completely give in to the Homer side. Because if I did, everything would think I am stupid. And I'd get made fun of on message boards. And be even more dissappointed than I would be anyway. It's a losing proposition to be a homer. Unless you were a diehard Saints fan last year. We can only hope...

PECKERWOOD
You forgot the pessimist option because there are at least a couple of self-proclaimed "realists" who need to be honest with themselves as well.

I guess being real is considered being pessimistic on this site. Then there are the self-proclaimed "homers" that jerk off on a consistent basis to every player on the Bills roster. You might as well just elect our current roster to the HoF. Seriously, whatever happened to being reasonable?

Mitchy moo
Realist, My homer days ended long ago.

Will we win the SB this year ? I would love it, but I doubt it :/

Will we have the first pick in the draft next year ? I seriously doubt it.

I made it a little too extreme, now it's an early pick.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I guess being real is considered being pessimistic on this site. Then there are the self-proclaimed "homers" that jerk off on a consistent basis to every player on the Bills roster. You might as well just elect our current roster to the HoF. Seriously, whatever happened to being reasonable?

Isn't it more fun just to hope for the parade?? If I went into every situation thinking I couldn't be successful then I wouldn't be successful. Full speed ahead, ain't no stopping us now. That is how I live (and succeeded).

DraftBoy
08-05-2007, 10:30 PM
:spam:

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I am a realist with so much hope that I am nearly a Homer, yet I refuse to completely give in to the Homer side. Because if I did, everything would think I am stupid. And I'd get made fun of on message boards. And be even more dissappointed than I would be anyway. It's a losing proposition to be a homer. Unless you were a diehard Saints fan last year. We can only hope...

Let them laugh at you, if the Bills do win it all your a hero and we're right. Saying we are going to suck is a self-defense mechanisms that hinder's your ability to actually succeed. The people who can face humility with both feet on the ground usually end up owning the place, never say die.

PECKERWOOD
08-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Isn't it more fun just to hope for the parade?? If I went into every situation thinking I couldn't be successful then I wouldn't be successful. Full speed ahead, ain't no stopping us now. That is how I live (and succeeded).

I have confidence and optimism in our team but that doesn't mean that I am confident and optimistic about every player on the team. This site would be pretty damn gay if no one thought any player on our team had a chance at failing, it's part of the game. Now I would LOVE to see McCargo become the next Warren Sapp. (Here's my optimism & homerism.) But he hasn't done jack diddly squat so far and he has a knack for getting injured. (My factual and realistic side.) Just because you want something to happen doesn't mean that it will happen. That's life. I've learned that life lesson many times already. I think the theme song to this thread should be: You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones. Pretty much describes this whole thread.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Can't I be be both? I love my team. Realistically I see us going between 6-10 to 10-6 based on the following

1) Last year's D is essentially this year's D with only a London Fletcher Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker and Nate Clements gone.

2) Lynch, Wright, and A-Train provide an RB Committee that can get first downs and punch through into the endzone and Lynch can catch passes which opens up the passing game

3) JP made big strides last year and preliminary reports from camp show that we should expect this to continue this season

4) Evans may be the most underrated WR in the game and certainly the most dangerous

5) Our kicking teams are excellent and Moorman is the twelfth member of our Defense

6) We don't have the Chicago Bears, San Diego Chargers, or Indianapolis Colts on our schedule and our toughest games are at home this year.

7) On paper at least half of our O line looks far better than last year

8) Our DEs are underrated

9) OUr LBs are young, fast, unknown, and at least on paper look at least as good if not better than old man Fletch and the injury plagued TKO

10) We got to beat NE sometime, why not now.

11) The Jets almost got swept last year and I see us doing this for the first time since 97 this year and the Fish are the fish

12) Denver is young, Pit is with a new coach, McGahee is way overrated, we can even beat the Bengals when we suck ass, Eli and the Gimps are just horrid, Dallas is at the Ralph and you know it will be jamming. The Redskins are proving money isn't everything and you can't buy success (God knows those bastards have tried) and Cleveland is putrid

13) From reports I am reading of camp it sounds like Sco is going to have a breakout year

Our schedule and the fact that we are a team that looks like the total sum is far better than the individual parts, we are ripening on Offense and about where we were last year on D and we have running backs that will know what down it is and most of the guys have a second year under the same system

These reasons are why I think we can go 10-6

The worst I see us going (barring injury) is 6-10 and the reasons are as follows

1) Our DT rotation sucks
2) Our LBs are mostly unproven
3) Our CBS are unproven
4) Nothing yet tells me that Lynch will not be Tim Biakabatuka or KiJana Carter
5) JP could **** the bed and we don't have a guy that will at least not lose the game behind him
6) Evans is our only proven receiving threat
7) Schobel weighs about as much as an inside LB
8) The TEs blow
9) The O could turn into Joe Panos and other dud signees
10) Our schedule has NE twice, the high octane Bengals, Tony Romo is going to be dangerous especially with Wade as HC and TO could savage our DBs, our lack of D means we could have a long day vs. T-Hen and Denver, we have not swept the Jests since 1997, We have little chance of beating the Iggles if they are vying for a division title or playoff spot, Eli is a manning and could actually have a career year, The Ravens have a tough D and McNugget would love nothing more than a big game against us and Miami could win against us in the Fish bowl.

That means 6-10. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle so all things considered I would be pleased with 8-8

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 10:37 PM
I have confidence and optimism in our team but that doesn't mean that I am confident and optimistic about every player on the team. This site would be pretty damn gay if no one thought any player on our team had a chance at failing, it's part of the game. Now I would LOVE to see McCargo become the next Warren Sapp. (Here's my optimism & homerism.) But he hasn't done jack diddly squat so far and he has a knack for getting injured. (My factual and realistic side.) Just because you want something to happen doesn't mean that it will happen. That's life. I've learned that life lesson many times already. I think the theme song to this thread should be: You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones. Pretty much describes this whole thread.

Your on the way over, I can feel it. If we win the first 8 games I think all of us will be thinking SB and not doubting the team. Part of winning is losing & losing makes you a better winner.

PECKERWOOD
08-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Your on the way over, I can feel it.

Give me a couple more beers first.

OpIv37
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
the homers and realists aren't as far apart as it seems. Obviously there are extremes on both sides, but I think most people agree on this team's chances. The difference is that homers focus on the fact that this team should be on the way up while the realists focus on the fact that this team isn't there yet and we're likely facing yet another frustrating and mediocre season.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 11:06 PM
the homers and realists aren't as far apart as it seems. Obviously there are extremes on both sides, but I think most people agree on this team's chances. The difference is that homers focus on the fact that this team should be on the way up while the realists focus on the fact that this team isn't there yet and we're likely facing yet another frustrating and mediocre season.

Great post OP.

P.S. We are on our way up.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Give me a couple more beers first.

:respect:

PECKERWOOD
08-05-2007, 11:12 PM

Good post except the last part. I think we have the talent to emerge as a playoff calibre team this year and POSSIBLY (although the chances are very, very slim.. ) we can win the superbowl. That's what keeps me coming back each year. When the Bills finally win the superbowl it's going to be the equivalent to when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series to Boston fans. Granted, I'm a Yankees fan but this analogy is the best I can come up with.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2007, 11:14 PM
we can win the superbowl.

Homerism at it's finest.

PECKERWOOD
08-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Homerism at it's finest.

hahah! Only a 1/32 chance. I like our odds dammit!

Yasgur's Farm
08-06-2007, 06:04 AM
:homer: Because I like donuts and Marge's ass.

LtFinFan66
08-06-2007, 06:35 AM
I am neither. I am a Homerist

Mitchy moo
08-06-2007, 06:48 AM
I am neither. I am a Homerist

Good 1.:millhouse

Buckets
08-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Hoalist!