X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hammerbillsfan
    • Aug 2005

Len Pastabelly on McGahee

Willis McGahee fits right in on the talkative Ravens. Better yet, the former Buffalo RB is talking about how this offense and this team is a perfect fit for him, writes Len Pasquarelli.

BALTIMORE -- Talk smack in the Buffalo Bills locker room and you're apt to be eyeballed like a guy strolling down Chippewa Street, wearing Bermuda shorts in December.

That is why Willis McGahee -- a Miami native who played his college career for the hometown Hurricanes -- was about as miscast in Western New York as an order of hot wings without celery and blue cheese at times during his four NFL seasons there.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Len Pastabelly on McGahee

And while his debut performance here Saturday was less than auspicious -- McGahee unofficially rushed for nine yards on five carries in the annual scrimmage against the Washington Redskins -- there seems little doubt the Ravens' new tailback is a guy who could be a difference-maker for an offense that could use one.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I was just reading this article. Here's my favorite part:

Although One-time work-horse back Jamal Lewis -- one of only four men in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yards in a season -- ran for 1,132 yards last season, he averaged less than four yards per carry for a second straight year and had just three carries for more than 20 yards
      Yet somehow, McGahee's 990 yards, 3.8 YPC and 4 runs for 20+ (one more than Lewis) are going to be an IMPROVEMENT? Lenny P proves again that he's an idiot.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

How do u say a guy rushes for 9 yds on 5 carries and then say he is the differance maker they need, when they had a better one in Jamal Lewis, in my book isnt that a downgrade in talent?, Lewis has accomplished way more in his career, and was only 29, had a better year than ******* McGahee, but Willis is the man they have been looking and waiting for, what a croc of ****!
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

The title of the story should have been " My name is Lenny P and I like to suck McGahee off!"

He sounds like McGahee's frickin' publicist.

The Lenny P Respect-o-matic...

0/10

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

What a load. The guy is a decent-good back, he is nothing more. He will do the job, but he is not home run threat and is not exciting. You will find out one thing Len, he talks a good game a hell of a lot more than he shows a good game.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

there seems little doubt the Ravens' new tailback is a guy who could be a difference-maker for an offense that could use one.

That's comical.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

5 rushes for 9 yards. That sounds about right.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
                  5 rushes for 9 yards. That sounds about right.
                  But if you add in side to side or backwards movement that's easily 40 yards in ACTUAL running he did!

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Now I know we are a little biased towards McGahee but I am confused at what the national media see in him that makes him such a special back?

Other than Jets games he irritated the heck out of me by not picking up blitzes, he oftened danced at the line of scrimmages and missed the hole as a result and he would go down too easily. Not to mention his lack of ambition in working out with teammates and learning the playbook.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by don137
                      Now I know we are a little biased towards McGahee but I am confused at what the national media see in him that makes him such a special back?

Other than Jets games he irritated the heck out of me by not picking up blitzes, he oftened danced at the line of scrimmages and missed the hole as a result and he would go down too easily. Not to mention his lack of ambition in working out with teammates and learning the playbook.
                      that's exactly the point. McGahee had a great half-season in 2004 and a few random good games since then- that's it. The media still perceives him as some great back and it's completely illogical. Lenny P even criticizes Lewis' stat line, but thinks McGahee will be an improvement when McGahee's stat line was WORSE. It defies all logic.

The one thing about McGahee: he does have some talent- it was mostly his bad attitude that held him back. But I don't know why people suddenly think his attitude will change. The guy is not a leader- if Baltimore loses a few games, he's going to be the same pouting, dancing mcGahee we saw in Buffalo.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

He was great in college and was very good his first year playing for Buffalo when he wanted to prove something.

As of right now he is just a name that the media loves. They don't realize just how bad he was last year.

I still think he might have a break out year because he got paid, he's on a new team, and probably wants to prove people yet again.

D & S Sports

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

all I can say is.....LYNCH
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            What a load. The guy is a decent-good back, he is nothing more. He will do the job, but he is not home run threat and is not exciting. You will find out one thing Len, he talks a good game a hell of a lot more than he shows a good game.
                            I agree.

OF all my annual *****ing, Im near-positive I never *****ed about us trading Willis. He's not a top ten back, and he's lucky to be a top 20 back.

If I was the GM of the Bills and had my choice right NOW, I'd take Lynch over McGahee-- so in essence we got an upgrade at RB and Trent Edwards for free.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              all I can say is.....LYNCH
                              'NUFF SAID!!!
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment