New article: Training Camp Observations for August 3rd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

New article: Training Camp Observations for August 3rd.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: New article: Training Camp Observations for August 3rd.

Nice article, man! Thanks for sharing for those of us that weren't there.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Did anyone run this article by Op yet?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Very nice observations, and very well wrote
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Did anyone run this article by Op yet?
          The article is probably by some guy associated with the FO who is just blowing smoke up our ass to keep up team morale...how can this writer know more than last year's news like Op does???

/sarcasm

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            The article is probably by some guy associated with the FO who is just blowing smoke up our ass to keep up team morale...

/sarcasm
            I don't know man. You might be watching camp through your rose colored glasses. You might think there was a catch where there wasn't. I'm not really sure if you saw Evans catch a ball. It's the same thing Chris Brown saw so your report might be biased in OP's eyes.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              Very nice observations, and very well wrote

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

you two, FlyingDutchman and Goobylal have an unhealthy obsession with me.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  you two, FlyingDutchman and Goobylal have an unhealthy obsession with me.
                  Not at all. Like anyone else, if you say something here and you can't back it up, you will be called out. I have yet to see you be able to back up all your negativity except based on last years' news and draft positions.

Meanwhile, many of the current data would seem to contradict what you are saying. I've come to realize several things. Lynch is great. Evans is on a higher level plane with JP. Their chemistry on the field is like Peyton and Harrison. They know each other so well, they just connect more often than not! Of course, we knew that from last year also (not just TC now). JP and Evans connected percentagewise on long bombs more often than Peyton and Harrison did last year. What else? Wright was EXTREMELY impressive. Poz was always in on or around each tackle. McCargo...when healthy and in, IS capable of augmenting our run D considerably. Our left Oline is extremely formidable!!! Parrish appears to be stepping it up and was extremely reliable. All appearances are that he will move to #2 at WR. Fred Jackson has looked fast and shifty and knows where to be, when to cut, etc.

I could go on, but I'll just be labeled a homer, so I'll say some negative things I saw also. Price didn't look too good. None of the UDFA WRs stood out much. Scott Mayle has blazing speed to get by even our fastest CBs, but can't accelerate quickly - which means he would likely get bumped within 5 yds to slow him down and then it would take a bit for him to be able to accelerate again. Scobey hasn't really done much of anything either as RB or in STs. Youboty needs more experience, though he occasionally batted passes and did okay. Everett catches well and would extend the field, but needs to work on his blocking. Tim Anderson looked fat and might benefit by trying to make a move to the Oline instead. Aiken is a disappointment at WR and though he plays well in other areas, if we can get a decent replacement for him on ST, I'd be willing to part with him and give a young WR a chance to develop instead. Donovan Morgan played alot with the 1st stringers and though he did nothing outstanding that I can remember, Jauron might have seen something he liked in him and he might be worth keeping to develop...

That's probably all I can comment on from first hand views - not from reading last years news or making judgments based on when people were drafted. This is solely based on their own performance!!!

PS I don't work for the Bills marketing team...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

but you're still media
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

Are you sure??
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Not at all. Like anyone else, if you say something here and you can't back it up, you will be called out. I have yet to see you be able to back up all your negativity except based on last years' news and draft positions.
                        But all the people who say we are going to improve are backing it up with nothing at all other than a blanket statement that "2nd year players usually improve". For some reason, you don't call them out, but there is no substance to that argument.

Meanwhile, many of the current data would seem to contradict what you are saying. I've come to realize several things. Lynch is great. Evans is on a higher level plane with JP. Their chemistry on the field is like Peyton and Harrison. They know each other so well, they just connect more often than not! Of course, we knew that from last year also (not just TC now). JP and Evans connected percentagewise on long bombs more often than Peyton and Harrison did last year. What else? Wright was EXTREMELY impressive. Poz was always in on or around each tackle. McCargo...when healthy and in, IS capable of augmenting our run D considerably. Our left Oline is extremely formidable!!! Parrish appears to be stepping it up and was extremely reliable. All appearances are that he will move to #2 at WR. Fred Jackson has looked fast and shifty and knows where to be, when to cut, etc.

I could go on, but I'll just be labeled a homer, so I'll say some negative things I saw also. Price didn't look too good. None of the UDFA WRs stood out much. Scott Mayle has blazing speed to get by even our fastest CBs, but can't accelerate quickly - which means he would likely get bumped within 5 yds to slow him down and then it would take a bit for him to be able to accelerate again. Scobey hasn't really done much of anything either as RB or in STs. Youboty needs more experience, though he occasionally batted passes and did okay. Everett catches well and would extend the field, but needs to work on his blocking. Tim Anderson looked fat and might benefit by trying to make a move to the Oline instead. Aiken is a disappointment at WR and though he plays well in other areas, if we can get a decent replacement for him on ST, I'd be willing to part with him and give a young WR a chance to develop instead. Donovan Morgan played alot with the 1st stringers and though he did nothing outstanding that I can remember, Jauron might have seen something he liked in him and he might be worth keeping to develop...

That's probably all I can comment on from first hand views - not from reading last years news or making judgments based on when people were drafted. This is solely based on their own performance!!!

good comments.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          But all the people who say we are going to improve are backing it up with nothing at all other than a blanket statement that "2nd year players usually improve". For some reason, you don't call them out, but there is no substance to that argument.
                          I think most people trust the words of coaches and writers and don't believe that everything they say is for marketing reasons. For one thing, when Jauron made the comment about CBs that you jumped on, it should have been made clear that he, like Levy, calls things as it is. No one in the FO strikes me as the TD styled person that is more devious and will use the media to spin things, etc. Marv has never been that type of person and it would be stupid to say one thing to the media, and then have the play on the field reflect another. If DiGiorgio has improved, and they make that claim - I see no reason to not accept it. Now, that can mean he's improved a little, or improved alot and we'll need to judge that once play starts - his own performance will dictate what we believe - which, I believe is where Justa stands when he says, "Let's see".

Other than that, I listen and read to what is said, I watch and then I make my own judgements. If you saw, when the question was posed on where I thought our Run D would be, I was honest and said I think it would only improve slightly (lower 20s). If we have McCargo in and healthy, we might even get to the upper teens if we're lucky...but sadly, I think he will be an oft injured player - which will mean we need to draft DT next year or get a FA to come in that can help solidify.

But...we can't do everything in one year and right now, I see the Dline as our weakest position and one that will likely be addressed next year. Our WR corp should be okay with Parrish starting to emerge. Our RB committee is excellent. Our Oline looks good. TEs could use improvements, but I haven't seen enough of Schouman to know if he might develop in the future. Our safeties are excellent and LBs now look better with DiGiorgio emerging, Ellison looking great and Poz looking great also. So, barring injuries at other positions, DLine and CB are where we will need to focus in the future.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

My above post is meant to show that I think there is a reason for optimism. We are solid and many more positions than we have been for a long time. No, we are not perfect...and quite frankly, never will be. But I like what we have and I think we can do decent with this package we currently have. So when I see negativity, I have to question it's source and credibility, as I think the Bills have made some significant positive changes in some areas and solidified some key spots.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              I don't know man. You might be watching camp through your rose colored glasses. You might think there was a catch where there wasn't. I'm not really sure if you saw Evans catch a ball. It's the same thing Chris Brown saw so your report might be biased in OP's eyes.
                              Fortunately, there were officials there (who knows if there were "real") who did actually signal things like Touchdown when the "scored".
                              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
                              X