PDA

View Full Version : Cut Hargrove, bring in Simon?

blackonyx89
08-06-2007, 09:40 AM
What do you think? I'm just throwing this idea out there,and seeing what you guys think.

PromoTheRobot
08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Take this idea and through it in the trash! Cut a decent player because of a misdemeanor, and replace him with an overweight, out-of-shape headcase??? Think about that and see if that makes any sense.

PTR

BlackMetalNinja
08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm thinking it took longer for somebody to post this exact thread then I expected it would...

BSU Drew
08-06-2007, 09:54 AM
TANK!

NC-BILLS44
08-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Keep Hargrove!!!

They need to look at Simon. It's time to do some homework and get the true story, so they can determine if he's worth the risk.

blackonyx89
08-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I like Hargrove,he's a super enthusiastic player ala Takeo Spikes. His brings an energy that is sorely needed the young Bills defense. Keep him. I hope Jauron,Ralph and Marv feels the same way.

bigbub2352
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I think Bills will keep Hargrove, unless this gets uglier, Simon failed his physical, i dont know if we can sign him, i think we need to take a look at him though,he might not want to play anymore either, i have heard that rumor as well,

OpIv37
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
dammit- I was hoping Simon would be a decent addition, but if he can't pass a physical, what's the point?

Our DT situation sucked, then we traded Walker, McCargo got injured and now this Hargrove BS.....

don137
08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I get worried that Simon may be good only on reputation and won't live up to the hype.

As for Hargrove that really stinks that he did that. He really got the crowd into it at games and he was awesome with the fans at training camp. Really interacted with them when he signed autographs. No excuse for what he did though.

blackonyx89
08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
dammit- I was hoping Simon would be a decent addition, but if he can't pass a physical, what's the point?

Our DT situation sucked, then we traded Walker, McCargo got injured and now this Hargrove BS.....

You're right,our DE situation's a mess.

cocamide
08-06-2007, 10:22 AM
From BB.com:

"HARGROVE NOT IN ATTENDANCE: DE Anthony Hargrove is not in attendance at the morning walk through. Head coach Dick Jauron will hold a press conference after the walk through session. We will have full details on Buffalobills.com and video of coach Jauron's press conference in the multimedia section after the walk through session."

BlackMetalNinja
08-06-2007, 12:04 PM
We should probably sign Simon, Sapp, and Tank in my opinion!

HAMMER
08-06-2007, 12:13 PM
No and no, Hargrove should not be cut, Simon seems to be done. One little scrap does not a thug make.

OpIv37
08-06-2007, 12:17 PM
No and no, Hargrove should not be cut, Simon seems to be done. One little scrap does not a thug make.

I definitely agree on Hargrove. I mean, the guy shouldn't have hit a cop and he deserves to be disciplined, but the reason he hit the cop is because he got pepper sprayed without even doing anything wrong. I'd be pretty pissed off in that situation too- we know Hargrove's a high energy guy so I can't say the reaction is all that surprising.

Let's just hope he learns his lesson and stops hanging around shady places like St. Paul.

On Simon, it depends. If he has anything left in the tank, I wouldn't mind bringing him here. But someone on this board said he failed a physical. If that's the case, I agree- he's done.

alohabillsfan
08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
KEEP HARDGROVE!!! AND SIGN TANK, THEY COULD BE ROOMATES!:dishes:

ghz in pittsburgh
08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Simon hasn't played for a year because some no football related illness and has failed Indy's physical. I'd be really worried if the Bills had to bring him in.

OpIv37
08-06-2007, 12:40 PM
KEEP HARDGROVE!!! AND SIGN TANK, THEY COULD BE ROOMATES!:dishes:

yeah, if Hargrove rooms with Tank, he'll have a gun to use on the cops the next time around.

Mad Bomber
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
yeah, if Hargrove rooms with Tank, he'll have a gun to use on the cops the next time around.
At least he wouldn't have to go out and buy his own--he could just borrow one of Tank's.

HAMMER
08-06-2007, 01:45 PM
I would think that if one of the best personnel men in history, Polian, thinks Simon is done then we shouldn't bother.

OpIv37
08-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I would think that if one of the best personnel men in history, Polian, thinks Simon is done then we shouldn't bother.

good point, but with McCargo's injury and this Hargrove situation, we might be in need of a DT. Is anyone else available?

RedEyE
08-06-2007, 03:06 PM
I sure as hell hope that all of you are passed over for jury duty. The guy pleads "Not Guilty" to an accusation that is cut and dry. Either he didn't do it or he did. Simple as that. But let the courts decide before hanging him out to dry or looking for a usuable replacement.

If Hargrove is found guilty, then I hope that the punishment suits the crime. But if not, he should be allowed to walk unscrutinized.

evol4276
08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
nah i wuldnt want it to happen. he got in trouble but he's a tweener and does a great job of keeping morale up. that alone makes me wanna keep the guy on the team