PDA

View Full Version : Quinn states here that we were all misinformed on Drury's contract

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-06-2007, 04:21 PM
http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2007/08/06/story3.html?page=1&b=1186372800^1500030

BF: At the outset of this interview, you said there was a major piece of misinformation about Drury?
Click here to find out more!

LQ: The front-page News story that Chris Drury had agreed (to terms) with us and we never sent a contract. That just simply didn't happen.

BF: The agreement didn't happen?

LQ: No. Chris made an offer to us, which we didn't accept, and he knows we didn't accept it. But the notion that we came to terms and didn't bother to send him a contract and therefore he became upset with us is just complete fiction.

I thought it was very misleading to our fans. The problem with those kind of things, normally you don't care, is they become part of the written Internet record. I guarantee you that for years now, people will do searches and they'll write a story about how Chris Drury left Buffalo because a secretary signed his contract and never sent it to him, which is complete, utter fiction.

Michael82
08-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Go **** yourself, Larry Quinn! :mad:

------------------------------------------
How can you tell when Larry Quinn is lying?

His lips are moving! :funny:

Ebenezer
08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
this just came out?? if it were true then why not bring it out like 2 seconds after Drury signed with the Rangers? We'll never know the truth.

RockStar36
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
He is such a liar.

Only players and players agents tell the truth.

I hate you Larry Quinn!!!

Typ0
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
why can't they just admit they screwed up with Drury even if the facts are different. That's all they need to say. They have done a pretty darn good job with the roster over the years and it will rest a lot easier with people without huge puffs of smoke blowing up our asses.

Mitchy moo
08-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Go **** yourself, Larry Quinn! :mad:

:check:

------------------------------------------
How can you tell when Larry Quinn is lying?

His lips are moving! :funny:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-06-2007, 11:30 PM
all :hail: Quinn

Michael82
08-07-2007, 12:30 AM
why can't they just admit they screwed up with Drury even if the facts are different. That's all they need to say. They have done a pretty darn good job with the roster over the years and it will rest a lot easier with people without huge puffs of smoke blowing up our asses.
Exactly! Good post. :bf1:

Philagape
08-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Larry Spinn can't get his story straight. In the earlier news conference he said Drury didn't make an offer and just didn't want to be here.

And like I've said before, Larry is the only one who has reason to fudge the truth. He's got PR to worry about.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Quinn knows what he's doing!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Larry Spinn can't get his story straight. In the earlier news conference he said Drury didn't make an offer and just didn't want to be here.

And like I've said before, Larry is the only one who has reason to fudge the truth. He's got PR to worry about.

You don't know nothing, go back to rooting on your bills and leave the Sabres alone!

Philagape
08-07-2007, 09:51 AM
You don't know nothing, go back to rooting on your bills and leave the Sabres alone!

:yap:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
He is such a liar.

Only players and players agents tell the truth.

I hate you Larry Quinn!!!

"He's honest, very honest," "He is one of the smartest person, one of the most creative person

CuseJetsFan83
08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
"He's honest, very honest," "He is one of the smartest person, one of the most creative person

what?

jamze132
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I will never defend Quinn... But if Chris Drury really wanted to be a Sabre, he would be one. He has stated many times, he has always wanted he chance to be a NY Ranger.

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I really don't trust Bucky Gleason anymore than I do Quinn. It is quite possible that Gleason is lying.

Typ0
08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I will never defend Quinn... But if Chris Drury really wanted to be a Sabre, he would be one. He has stated many times, he has always wanted he chance to be a NY Ranger.

hence the reason he should have been locked up and happy to be a Sabre before the reality of being a Ranger ever got close.

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 02:59 PM
What does any of this matter anyways? It is over and done with. Get over it or don't people but enough talking about it.

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
What does any of this matter anyways? It is over and done with. Get over it or don't people but enough talking about it.

Follow your own advice and take Soreco out of your sig...........

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Follow your own advice and take Soreco out of your sig...........
LOL!!! I am on Stealth. I don't even know what I have in there. What else is there?

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't get all bossy Lectar because you are an admin... :(

RockStar36
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Ouch. Lecter really told Thurm.

Typ0
08-07-2007, 04:46 PM

oh yeah, it's OK for you to whine and complain about crap for eons but you aren't about to put up with it from anyone else...I think Bob Dylan wrote a song about that titled "Just Like a Woman".

Philagape
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I'll ***** about this offseason as long as its effects are felt. If we don't go as far in the playoffs next year, then you ain't heard nothin yet.

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 08:12 PM
oh yeah, it's OK for you to whine and complain about crap for eons but you aren't about to put up with it from anyone else...I think Bob Dylan wrote a song about that titled "Just Like a Woman".
What do I whine and complain about? I am really just messing around with the Soreco thing...

Michael82
08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I'll ***** about this offseason as long as its effects are felt. If we don't go as far in the playoffs next year, then you ain't heard nothin yet.
If we don't get to the ECF next year....then you are right....you ain't heard nothing yet! The fans will be all over Larry Quinn!

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2007, 09:07 PM

What if I get bossy and create a Buffalo forum?

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 10:29 PM
What if I get bossy and create a Buffalo forum?
Well that would be a good kind of Bossy!!! :hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 10:30 PM
What if we lose in the second round?

Philagape
08-07-2007, 11:09 PM

Then I'll *****. Not good enough. This team was supposed to get closer to the Cup, not further away.

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Then I'll *****. Not good enough. This team was supposed to get closer to the Cup, not further away.
What if we lose in the conference finals in 6 games?

Philagape
08-08-2007, 07:51 AM
What if we lose in the conference finals in 6 games?

The 06 team went to Game 7

They have to go to the finals for me not to ***** ..... a lot

patmoran2006
08-09-2007, 03:00 PM
What I cant get out of my mind is over the past 12 or so months, we coulda had Briere and Drury at what are bargain prices compared to what happened once it got time to hit the open market.

Even though they lost in the ECF last year, I thought the Sabres were the best team in the entire NHL, as they proved during the regular season.

Yes, Miller, Vanek, Campbell etc will continue to improve, but its not like briere and drury were gonna take a **** within one year and regress.

This was the best team in hockey in my opinion, and the ignorance (best word I can come up with) of our F.O. blew it. Now we're still a decent team, certainly not bad, and likely a playoff team. But there is no way around it.. We are NOT as good as last year without Briere, Drury and even Zubrus, regardless of how much better the younger guys get.

Typ0
08-09-2007, 03:08 PM
What I cant get out of my mind is over the past 12 or so months, we coulda had Briere and Drury at what are bargain prices compared to what happened once it got time to hit the open market.

Even though they lost in the ECF last year, I thought the Sabres were the best team in the entire NHL, as they proved during the regular season.

Yes, Miller, Vanek, Campbell etc will continue to improve, but its not like briere and drury were gonna take a **** within one year and regress.

This was the best team in hockey in my opinion, and the ignorance (best word I can come up with) of our F.O. blew it. Now we're still a decent team, certainly not bad, and likely a playoff team. But there is no way around it.. We are NOT as good as last year without Briere, Drury and even Zubrus, regardless of how much better the younger guys get.

if you asked the Bills homers the same type of question their response would be the young guys will be improved enough to more than make up for things and we are headed to the superbowl.

Myself, I am going to exercise some patience with the management as I think they will make a trade or trades to improve the team if the opportunities are there and look profitable.

ddaryl
08-11-2007, 03:45 PM

then you ain't heard nothing yet.

Michael82
08-11-2007, 03:59 PM
then you ain't heard nothing yet.
EXACTLY!