PDA

View Full Version : Sabres lines for this yr.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I was :bored: so I decided to make up these Sabres lines what do you think:question:

Hecht - Connolly - Pommers
Vanek - Roy - Max
Ryan - Stafford - Kotalik
Peters/Paille - Mair - Gaustad

Lydman - Tallinder
Campbell - Spacek
Paetsch - Numminen
Kalinin

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2007, 08:50 PM
SOLID

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
One thing though. Stafford is not a center

Nighthawk
08-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't think that lineup is going to be a cup winner. I'd like to see some changes before the season, but I highly doubt it.

BlackMetalNinja
08-07-2007, 07:07 AM
I was :bored: so I decided to make up these Sabres lines what do you think:question:

Hecht - Connolly - Pommers
Vanek - Roy - Max
Ryan - Stafford - Kotalik
Peters/Paille - Mair - Gaustad

Lydman - Tallinder
Campbell - Spacek
Paetsch - Numminen
Kalinin

Thurm's right, Stafford isn't a center... I think maybe you move Goose to center the 3rd line, putting Stafford on wing there. Ryan, who doesn't thrill me as a starter just yet, but who else is there... goes to the 3rd line wing. Otherwise, i think that's about what you'll probalby see, especially the first 2 lines and D pairings to start the year.

I have to agree with Nighthawk that this is not a Cup winning team, but I do think they'll solidly make the playoffs. Perhaps another addition or two and a very hot Ryan Miller could put them deep in the postseason.

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 08:06 AM
How bout Mcarthur as the center and Ryan to the bench?

BlackMetalNinja
08-07-2007, 08:17 AM
How bout Mcarthur as the center and Ryan to the bench?

I like that slightly better... One of these young guys is going to have to be inserted into the lineup, that's obvious. I'd say MacArthur is probably best suited at the moment. He is also a wing however... Ryan is actually a center.

IF you go strictly by position, we have 4 centers to work with before Ryan. Connolly, Roy, Mair, Gaustad. 4 RW with Max, Poms, Kotalik and Stafford... LW you have Vanek, Hecht, Paille, Peters, MacArthur
I think I'd do this...

1st Line: Hecht, Connolly, Pominville
2nd Line: Vanek, Roy, Afinogenov
3rd Line: Paille, Gaustad, Stafford
4th Line: MacArthur, Mair, Kotalik (Peters instead of MacArthur if we want an enforcer)

I think the 3rd and 4th lines will be subject to a lot of change until we hit on something that works anyways.

Earthquake Enyart
08-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I like Stafford - Gaustad - Kotalik.

That would be a great 3rd line.

BlackMetalNinja
08-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I like Stafford - Gaustad - Kotalik.

That would be a great 3rd line.

Yeah, that wouldn't be bad... like I said, my lines were based completely on what they're listed at as pure positions. Wings could be interchangeable of course.

Earthquake Enyart
08-07-2007, 09:40 AM
We are going to need Goose and Mair to have good years. I think they can do it.

jamze132
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Can't we find anyone better than Mair???

SabreEleven
08-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Solidly........Young.

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Can't we find anyone better than Mair???
As a 4th liner? What is wrong with Mair?

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Everyone was complaining how this team was a pushover last year. That certainly looks like a bit of a tougher lineup, especially with Mair and Goose having larger rolls.

chubluv
08-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Dont forget Kotalik can play center also.