X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

PR/KR?

Is it still Roscoe? What are you guys going to do at that position?
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: PR/KR?

Roscoe only ever did punts, and even then Leonhard was getting some of those too. McGee is the primary KR man still I assume.

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
      Roscoe only ever did punts, and even then Leonhard was getting some of those too. McGee is the primary KR man still I assume.
      I was wondering that too. I remembered McGee but with him as your #1 CB, you guys going to still play him at KR? I'm not arguing, I'm asking.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I think its going to be the same as last year, I hope anyway.

I really hope they keep McGee on KR, even if it is a risk.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

I think that Scobey will be returning some kickoffs as well.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

KR will be McGee, as per Chris Brown today. Punts will likely be Parrish again as well.

Personally I'd rather have someone else reutning kicks and letting McGee concentrate on CB. But when you have a guy that averages 26.1 YPR...

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by John Doe
              I think that Scobey will be returning some kickoffs as well.
              Scobey isn't going to make the team. McGee will continue returning kicks and Parrish will continue returning punts. Both are simply too good not to serve those roles. Regardless of the risks.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Yeah, McGee returning kicks is a risk, but when you're as good as he is, it's a risk the Bills have to take. Starting with the ball on your own 40 is much preferred to your own 20...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Thats why its important for Thomas, Youboty and Greer to be ready and playing well in case something happens to McGee on a kickoff.

But I dont see how you dont use McGee.. He's as good as anybody in the NFL

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Thats why its important for Thomas, Youboty and Greer to be ready and playing well in case something happens to McGee on a kickoff.

But I dont see how you dont use McGee.. He's as good as anybody in the NFL
                    I don't see why they don't use Parrish more on KR's.

Comment

• blotsfan
                      • Apr 2007

We have to use McGee. It'd be like if we stopped using Tasker as a gunner because we were using him as a wr.
                      Without hope there is nothing to live for (you can tell I'm a Buffalo guy)

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        I don't see why they don't use Parrish more on KR's.

In my opinion they dont use him on kickoffs because its a more disciplined return scheme where certain holes are opened intentionally and you have to follow your wedge. Punt returns are much more free style and made up on the fly. Im not trying to call either player slow or dumb, but I think Roscoe has more natural instinct on returns and McGee is a more disciplined returner.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          In my opinion they dont use him on kickoffs because its a more disciplined return scheme where certain holes are opened intentionally and you have to follow your wedge. Punt returns are much more free style and made up on the fly. Im not trying to call either player slow or dumb, but I think Roscoe has more natural instinct on returns and McGee is a more disciplined returner.
                          Oh please.

You're trying to find a nice way of saying that Roscoe isn't exactly known for good on-field decisionmaking. I'm with you- the guy nearly gave me a heart attack a few times last year. There was one time he ran backwards and lost like 12 yards on a punt return. But, in his defense, he did some amazing things on returns as well.

McGee just fits the kick return scheme better whereas Roscoe's freelancing becomes a liability. On punts, the freelancing is a liability at times, but it's worth the risk because it's an asset when used properly.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Oh please.

You're trying to find a nice way of saying that Roscoe isn't exactly known for good on-field decisionmaking. I'm with you- the guy nearly gave me a heart attack a few times last year. There was one time he ran backwards and lost like 12 yards on a punt return. But, in his defense, he did some amazing things on returns as well.

McGee just fits the kick return scheme better whereas Roscoe's freelancing becomes a liability. On punts, the freelancing is a liability at times, but it's worth the risk because it's an asset when used properly.
                            No Im explaining that freelancing as you put it, is made for a Punt Returner while a Kick Returner needs to be more disciplined and know how to use his lanes, there is not as much side to side movement and break tackle ability needed as in a punt return.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Man, I don't want McGee returning kicks anymore. He is too valuable to our defense, especially since Nate isn't here. However, I do hope to see Roscoe return some more punts this year, he was exhilarating last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X