PDA

View Full Version : PR/KR?

Bling
08-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Is it still Roscoe? What are you guys going to do at that position?

BlackMetalNinja
08-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Roscoe only ever did punts, and even then Leonhard was getting some of those too. McGee is the primary KR man still I assume.

Bling
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Roscoe only ever did punts, and even then Leonhard was getting some of those too. McGee is the primary KR man still I assume.

I was wondering that too. I remembered McGee but with him as your #1 CB, you guys going to still play him at KR? I'm not arguing, I'm asking.

patmoran2006
08-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I think its going to be the same as last year, I hope anyway.

I really hope they keep McGee on KR, even if it is a risk.

John Doe
08-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I think that Scobey will be returning some kickoffs as well.

Goobylal
08-06-2007, 07:23 PM
KR will be McGee, as per Chris Brown today. Punts will likely be Parrish again as well.

Personally I'd rather have someone else reutning kicks and letting McGee concentrate on CB. But when you have a guy that averages 26.1 YPR...

mayotm
08-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I think that Scobey will be returning some kickoffs as well.Scobey isn't going to make the team. McGee will continue returning kicks and Parrish will continue returning punts. Both are simply too good not to serve those roles. Regardless of the risks.

BlackMetalNinja
08-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, McGee returning kicks is a risk, but when you're as good as he is, it's a risk the Bills have to take. Starting with the ball on your own 40 is much preferred to your own 20...

patmoran2006
08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Thats why its important for Thomas, Youboty and Greer to be ready and playing well in case something happens to McGee on a kickoff.

But I dont see how you dont use McGee.. He's as good as anybody in the NFL

Goobylal
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Thats why its important for Thomas, Youboty and Greer to be ready and playing well in case something happens to McGee on a kickoff.

But I dont see how you dont use McGee.. He's as good as anybody in the NFL
I don't see why they don't use Parrish more on KR's.

blotsfan
08-06-2007, 07:49 PM
We have to use McGee. It'd be like if we stopped using Tasker as a gunner because we were using him as a wr.

DraftBoy
08-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't see why they don't use Parrish more on KR's.

In my opinion they dont use him on kickoffs because its a more disciplined return scheme where certain holes are opened intentionally and you have to follow your wedge. Punt returns are much more free style and made up on the fly. Im not trying to call either player slow or dumb, but I think Roscoe has more natural instinct on returns and McGee is a more disciplined returner.

OpIv37
08-06-2007, 08:25 PM
In my opinion they dont use him on kickoffs because its a more disciplined return scheme where certain holes are opened intentionally and you have to follow your wedge. Punt returns are much more free style and made up on the fly. Im not trying to call either player slow or dumb, but I think Roscoe has more natural instinct on returns and McGee is a more disciplined returner.

Oh please.

You're trying to find a nice way of saying that Roscoe isn't exactly known for good on-field decisionmaking. I'm with you- the guy nearly gave me a heart attack a few times last year. There was one time he ran backwards and lost like 12 yards on a punt return. But, in his defense, he did some amazing things on returns as well.

McGee just fits the kick return scheme better whereas Roscoe's freelancing becomes a liability. On punts, the freelancing is a liability at times, but it's worth the risk because it's an asset when used properly.

DraftBoy
08-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh please.

You're trying to find a nice way of saying that Roscoe isn't exactly known for good on-field decisionmaking. I'm with you- the guy nearly gave me a heart attack a few times last year. There was one time he ran backwards and lost like 12 yards on a punt return. But, in his defense, he did some amazing things on returns as well.

McGee just fits the kick return scheme better whereas Roscoe's freelancing becomes a liability. On punts, the freelancing is a liability at times, but it's worth the risk because it's an asset when used properly.

No Im explaining that freelancing as you put it, is made for a Punt Returner while a Kick Returner needs to be more disciplined and know how to use his lanes, there is not as much side to side movement and break tackle ability needed as in a punt return.

PECKERWOOD
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Man, I don't want McGee returning kicks anymore. He is too valuable to our defense, especially since Nate isn't here. However, I do hope to see Roscoe return some more punts this year, he was exhilarating last year.

mysticsoto
08-07-2007, 08:22 AM
I noticed they've been trying Scott Mayle (WR)...he has blazing speed and once he gets going, nobody is catching up to him. The question will be, does he have the instincts, can he accelerate and react quickly enough and can he take a big hit like the typical ones delivered on STs...

PS For those wondering...Josh Scobey has shown nothing to merit making the team...

RockStar36
08-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Roscoe should be returning both kicks and punts.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah, McGee returning kicks is a risk, but when you're as good as he is, it's a risk the Bills have to take. Starting with the ball on your own 40 is much preferred to your own 20...

People forget how good Nate was. Than one day that was it for him. I think McGee has to continue because he's such a threat.

justasportsfan
08-07-2007, 09:38 AM
No Im explaining that freelancing as you put it, .
yes you were and OP interpreted it a different way so that he can find a way to ***** about another player.

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Can it justa.

mysticsoto
08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Can it justa.

But he's right. How come you don't say, "Can it Op".

DB was pretty specific in what he was saying and how he said it...

justasportsfan
08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
But he's right. How come you don't say, "Can it Op".

DB was pretty specific in what he was saying and how he said it...

It's all good. My bad.