• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Brady Quinn - You Were Picked #22

Therefore, you don't deserve top 10-15 $$. Keep holding out.

So glad we didn't waste a pick on this complete phoney.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Brady Quinn - You Were Picked #22

I heard he was looking for an incentive base deal, which seems pretty fair

but to be honest i havent payed to much attention to it

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
      • Mar 2004

well our QB John Beck has been in camp since the rookie camp part, already calling audibles, studying the playbook vigorously and has had such a great fan friendly attitude since he joined the team. He's been accurate with his throws, especially with the deep ones, to be honest he hasn't been invinceable since he has thrown some picks, but his overall accuarcy has been pretty darn good. Ted Ginn Jr has may have missed the rookie reporting day, but has been in camp since day one of training camp and has been looking really good, especially the foot. So at least at this point, I'm very happy with the outcome of the draft as Quinn continues his holdout.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

Hate to say it, but Miami doesn't look foolish from me by passing on him. His stock dropped, Cleveland moved up to get him, and the reward is a hold out. Sit out as long as you want there Brady, it will only hurt your development.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Sticking point is in year three of his contract when by that time he should be their franchise QB he'll be grossly underpaid.

I can see both sides right now, tough situation both ways.. GOod news for Charlie Frye though, as he'll get ANOTHER chance to be a good starter

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

They should throw the kind of incentives in his contract that Willis McGahee got....

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
              well our QB John Beck has been in camp since the rookie camp part, already calling audibles, studying the playbook vigorously and has had such a great fan friendly attitude since he joined the team. He's been accurate with his throws, especially with the deep ones, to be honest he hasn't been invinceable since he has thrown some picks, but his overall accuarcy has been pretty darn good. Ted Ginn Jr has may have missed the rookie reporting day, but has been in camp since day one of training camp and has been looking really good, especially the foot. So at least at this point, I'm very happy with the outcome of the draft as Quinn continues his holdout.
              This is the point where I should say something negative about John Beck I suppose... but I saw him play several games at BYU and thought his game would easily transfer to the pro's. He is incredibly accurate and poised with his throws.

I remember saying to a friend on Draft day after the Beck selection that Miami probably got a much better QB by selecting Beck over Quinn.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Sticking point is in year three of his contract when by that time he should be their franchise QB he'll be grossly underpaid.

Either that or a grossly overpaid radio sidekick for Notre Dame football.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!

It does look like a good move for u guys to pass on Brady Quinn (so far at least). Admittely, I dont know much about Beck, but if he pans out and Quinn doesnt, your front office will look like geniuses.

Just as long as you guys dont get the upper hand on us...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Brady Quinn apparently came to terms with a contract today...either way...I could care less. He's a tool.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Quinn will be a good NFL QB. Quit dumping on the guy for trying to get a few extra bucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X