PDA

View Full Version : PreSeason Games on TV

Typ0
08-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Do my eyes deceive me or will all of these games be televised live for a change?

DraftBoy
08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I know the first one is nationally shown and those of us in the Falcons area get to see the 2nd one live as well.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
and the one on Friday is in HD- kick ass.

raphael120
08-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Op, what channel will the Friday game be on? NFLN or what? Seeing as you're in the same N. Va area, wondering what channel it'll be on

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Op, what channel will the Friday game be on? NFLN or what? Seeing as you're in the same N. Va area, wondering what channel it'll be on

in the DC area it's on the CBS affiliate- channel 9 (although if you have Cox cable it's some other screwy channel).

raphael120
08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Gotta love Cox. I love their commercials. "I was frustrated until I got Cox for my internet, TV, and phone!" Nothing like picking up that phone and using some good ol Cox.

Is that very immature or funny as hell? Hahaha.

But yeah I believe it's channel 9. Thanks man. Where in VA do you live? I just moved to a sweet house in east falls church, right by the metro.

Mad Bomber
08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
and the one on Friday is in HD- kick ass.

My first HD Bills game! :rocker:

BlackMetalNinja
08-07-2007, 01:20 PM

Hmm... not my first I don't think, but certainly one of the rare occurrences in the year and a half I've had my HDTV! Everybody is invited to my place to watch the game Friday Night!

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Gotta love Cox. I love their commercials. "I was frustrated until I got Cox for my internet, TV, and phone!" Nothing like picking up that phone and using some good ol Cox.

Is that very immature or funny as hell? Hahaha.

But yeah I believe it's channel 9. Thanks man. Where in VA do you live? I just moved to a sweet house in east falls church, right by the metro.

I'm in Alexandria, but the Fairfax County part, maybe 2 miles from the Beltway/Huntington metro station, near Kingstowne.

I dumped Cox for DirecTV. I had Verizon internet for a while, but they screwed me so bad that I had to go back to Cox. Nothing like having an "...@cox.net" email.

Also with DirecTV I get all the Bills games via Sunday Ticket.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Hmm... not my first I don't think, but certainly one of the rare occurrences in the year and a half I've had my HDTV! Everybody is invited to my place to watch the game Friday Night!

I'll be there- nothing like Friday 95 S traffic. If I leave in the next 15 minutes, I might get there in time for the 2nd half.

raphael120
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I couldnt get direct tv because our landlord doesnt want us to screw in a satelite to his roof. ass.

but i have absolutely no problem with going to mcfaddens in georgetown every sunday,. they have specials on buckets of labatts and damn near Buffalo-quality buffalo wings.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I couldnt get direct tv because our landlord doesnt want us to screw in a satelite to his roof. ass.

but i have absolutely no problem with going to mcfaddens in georgetown every sunday,. they have specials on buckets of labatts and damn near Buffalo-quality buffalo wings.

Grevey's is good too, and much closer to you. It's at Gallows Rd and Rte 50, just down the street from the Dunn Loring Metro. The place is always packed with Bills fans, but if you want a table you need to make a reservation on Monday or Tuesday morning. Good beef on weck and decent wings too.

madness
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM

Call direcTV and tell them that. They have side mounts and can even put the dish on a pole in your yard.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Call direcTV and tell them that. They have side mounts and can even put the dish on a pole in your yard.

or, if the roof is flat, they will screw it to a concrete slab. That's what we did at our old condo. The only time it ever moved was once when Hurricane Isabel came through.

raphael120
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Greveys, Ive heard of that place. How good is the set up? Is it better than mcfaddens? I want to go to a place that has a lot of room and be able to put on the steelers game on one tv for my gf.

raphael120
08-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah the mexican dude that came to set it up said there is not a good reception from anywhere except the one spot on the roof becaue of the trees in the way

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Greveys, Ive heard of that place. How good is the set up? Is it better than mcfaddens? I want to go to a place that has a lot of room and be able to put on the steelers game on one tv for my gf.

I don't think it's as good as McFadden's- if you're over by the tables, I only recall being able to see the Bills game and sometimes the Skins. They may have had the other games over by the bar, but it was so crowded so I just stayed near our table.

My suggestion would be to go check it out sometime before the games start. At the very least, it's an excuse to get decent beef on weck.

madness
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah the mexican dude that came to set it up said there is not a good reception from anywhere except the one spot on the roof becaue of the trees in the way

Crap, you'd be hearing a chainsaw in the middle of the night if that was the case at my house.

The last buffalo fan
08-07-2007, 01:58 PM
What about me guys?? ESP, FOX?? I don't want to drive 30 minutes to watch the game, I would love to see it at home!!

raphael120
Crap, you'd be hearing a chainsaw in the middle of the night if that was the case at my house.

These are some huuuuuge trees. That and living near DC I would have a swarm of hippies around me in 10 seconds if I started cutting down some trees.

OpIv37
What about me guys?? ESP, FOX?? I don't want to drive 30 minutes to watch the game, I would love to see it at home!!

it's on CBS- if you can pick up any CBS signal, you should be all set.

raphael120
08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't think it's as good as McFadden's- if you're over by the tables, I only recall being able to see the Bills game and sometimes the Skins. They may have had the other games over by the bar, but it was so crowded so I just stayed near our table.

My suggestion would be to go check it out sometime before the games start. At the very least, it's an excuse to get decent beef on weck.

Yeah, i like beef on weck, not as much as my mom thought, but I'll keep that in mind when my parents come down from buffalo in october. Until then, it's beer and wings at McFaddens! It's become my Cheers.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, i like beef on weck, not as much as my mom thought, but I'll keep that in mind when my parents come down from buffalo in october. Until then, it's beer and wings at McFaddens! It's become my Cheers.

Ha- I usually just watch the games at home.

When we go out, we go to H St NE in DC. The neighborhood's kinda questionable, but we've never had any problems. It's also the only place in DC that has neighborhood type bars- just little hole in the wall places that are all about getting drunk. Most of the bars here are all about looking good and being seen- I hate it.

raphael120
08-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Ha- I usually just watch the games at home.

When we go out, we go to H St NE in DC. The neighborhood's kinda questionable, but we've never had any problems. It's also the only place in DC that has neighborhood type bars- just little hole in the wall places that are all about getting drunk. Most of the bars here are all about looking good and being seen- I hate it.

Haha, yeah I hear ya. McFaddens is a whole different scene on non-Bills game days. It's a cat-walk type place too. Frat boys, whores, and really really cheap beer on some days. I'll have to check out H st., now that I'm living closer to DC (used to live out near the airport) I'm more prone to going out in the city now.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
lemme know if you're gonna be out that way- we go almost every weekend.

mybills
08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
CBS
vs. Saints - August 10 at 8 p.m.

NFLN
vs. Atlanta - August 18 at 10:00 a.m.
vs. Tennessee - August 25 at 10:00 a.m.
vs. Detroit (LIVE) - August 30 at 7:00 p.m.

Typ0
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
DAY DATE OPPONENT TV TIME/RECAP
Fri. 8/10 @ New Orleans Saints CBS 8:00 PM
Fri. 8/17 ATLANTA FALCONS Buy Tickets WKBW 7:00 PM
Fri. 8/24 TENNESSEE TITANS Buy Tickets WKBW 7:00 PM
Thu. 8/30 @ Detroit Lions WKBW 7:00 PM

according to buffalobills.com it looks to me like the games will be broadcast on channel 7 here in buffalo as they are happening.

BillyT92679
08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
The Falcons game won't sell out, so that will black out, and air on tape delay on Channel 7.
The Titans game is Kid's Day, which often does sell out, so that probably will play live. I'll be at both.

Typ0
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
The Falcons game won't sell out, so that will black out, and air on tape delay on Channel 7.
The Titans game is Kid's Day, which often does sell out, so that probably will play live. I'll be at both.

oh yeah, I forget the NFL is composed of a bunch of ******s.

djjimkelly
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM

reg definition will now be ruined for you as it has been for me.

CBS STOP BEING CHEAP AND DO EVERY GAME IN HD!!!!!

KO1
08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
to all you bills fans in VA...i live in fairfax, i usually goto Jimmys Tavern its out in herndon good people good times lots of bills fans and good food. http://www.jimmystavern.com/

GO BILLS!!!!!!!
WHITNER DEFENSIVE MVP in 07-08

Wys Guy
08-07-2007, 08:17 PM
to all you bills fans in VA...i live in fairfax, i usually goto Jimmys Tavern its out in herndon good people good times lots of bills fans and good food. http://www.jimmystavern.com/

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Jimmy's uses Anchor Bar sauce so the wings are a good average wing but nothing to write home about. You can always count on them to be cooked properly.

I can't stand Grevey's. The service blows, always during the season particularly it seems. They even have a limited menu, wings, fries, Beef on Weck and not much more but the service is still snail's pace slow. Their food IMO is extremely mediocre all the way around. For a "Buffalo place" they don't have good wings. I know Op likes it and we've met there a handful of times in the past, but I won't go there. I've had to wait up to an hour for fries routinely. Order all your food prior to halftime on game days or it may come after the game ends, even when the place isn't crowded. I just don't understand the delays.

As Op says, you have to make your reservations early in the week. If you show up on Sunday's, they'll leave reserved booths/tables through like halftime even though people don't show up. So your standing there with your finger up your colon with ten empty tables just sitting there for a Q and a half.

Glory Days has good food, excellent food in fact, but very average wings by Buffalo standards. They'd probably gain a hundred bucks in business a month from me alone, more if I bring buddies to Sundays in the autumn, if they'd just get some good wings.

Clyde's has the best wings otherwise IMO. Particularly the Tyson's Clydes and their "death wings" which really aren't that hot. I believe that their standard wings are straight Red Hot, or at least they taste like it. They're perfect size, cooked just the way you ask for them, presented nicely and served with nice celery and good bleu. The Tombs in Georgetown is a Clyde's chain but they don't do the "death wings." All they do is add Tobasco to the standard wings.

The Tyson's Clyde's will have the game on Thursday night on HD. They only have a couple of TVs in the bar however so it's not a great place on Sundays.

The DC area really lacks for good wings relative to other regions however. Plans are in the works however to open a wings place to be a franchise however, and originating in the N. VA area. ;)

Hopefully in '08.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Jimmy's uses Anchor Bar sauce so the wings are a good average wing but nothing to write home about. You can always count on them to be cooked properly.

I can't stand Grevey's. The service blows, always during the season particularly it seems. They even have a limited menu, wings, fries, Beef on Weck and not much more but the service is still snail's pace slow. Their food IMO is extremely mediocre all the way around. For a "Buffalo place" they don't have good wings. I know Op likes it and we've met there a handful of times in the past, but I won't go there. I've had to wait up to an hour for fries routinely. Order all your food prior to halftime on game days or it may come after the game ends, even when the place isn't crowded. I just don't understand the delays.

As Op says, you have to make your reservations early in the week. If you show up on Sunday's, they'll leave reserved booths/tables through like halftime even though people don't show up. So your standing there with your finger up your colon with ten empty tables just sitting there for a Q and a half.

Glory Days has good food, excellent food in fact, but very average wings by Buffalo standards. They'd probably gain a hundred bucks in business a month from me alone, more if I bring buddies to Sundays in the autumn, if they'd just get some good wings.

Clyde's has the best wings otherwise IMO. Particularly the Tyson's Clydes and their "death wings" which really aren't that hot. I believe that their standard wings are straight Red Hot, or at least they taste like it. They're perfect size, cooked just the way you ask for them, presented nicely and served with nice celery and good bleu. The Tombs in Georgetown is a Clyde's chain but they don't do the "death wings." All they do is add Tobasco to the standard wings.

The Tyson's Clyde's will have the game on Thursday night on HD. They only have a couple of TVs in the bar however so it's not a great place on Sundays.

The DC area really lacks for good wings relative to other regions however. Plans are in the works however to open a wings place to be a franchise however, and originating in the N. VA area. ;)

Hopefully in '08.

I haven't been to Greveys on a game day in years, since I got my Sunday Ticket. I have eaten there just to eat a few times since then. Gameday service was a little slow, but it was a great atmosphere- full of blue jerseys and people cheering for the right team.

I agree on the wings at Clydes- at my last job, there was one right across the parking lot.

Are you talking about the Glory Days in Woodbridge? I used to work right across the street from there, but never went in- too many rednecks in bars that far out.

Keep me informed about your wing place- I'll definitely contribute some business.

OpIv37
08-07-2007, 09:49 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

G. Host is a founding member of the Bills Backers at Jimmy's and is a semi regular (he seems to be out of town for a lot of the games).

G. Host
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
G. Host is a founding member of the Bills Backers at Jimmy's and is a semi regular (he seems to be out of town for a lot of the games).

Well I try to attend as many of the home games as I can. I usually go for the opener, one more early game and a late game or two but the new rule about being able to move games at a network's whim really hurts chances of catching a late game for I usually fly later in the season (driving through the PA mountains at night in December is not recommended). Last year I traveled a lot hence missed games and this year and on I need to work half the Sundays. I live in Alexandria and go by Greevey's every time I go to Jimmy's.

I agree with Wys completely about Greevey's. Seeing all of those empty seats is what made me look there. Finding out some of the tables with no one there are reserved by the same people is what made me stop.

Wys Guy
08-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I haven't been to Greveys on a game day in years, since I got my Sunday Ticket. I have eaten there just to eat a few times since then. Gameday service was a little slow, but it was a great atmosphere- full of blue jerseys and people cheering for the right team.

I agree on the wings at Clydes- at my last job, there was one right across the parking lot.

Are you talking about the Glory Days in Woodbridge? I used to work right across the street from there, but never went in- too many rednecks in bars that far out.

Keep me informed about your wing place- I'll definitely contribute some business.

Yeah, WILCO on the wing biz. Wings, Dogs, and Ice Cream is what it's going to be. Just finishing up the biz plan now.

I was referring to the Glory Days in Winchester actually. Yeah, the Woodbridge one is a little in that vein. The food should be the same however. I've met the owners and chefs and they really do a great job, ... except for their wings which I haven't been able to convince them otherwise. I'm shutting off new biz to the region due to our venture there. So they've lost out there unless by some strange stroke they get back to me very soon.

Grevey's, actually for a couple of years was really ill attended even on game days. Ever since about the last times we were there I've heard and seen many, many empty tables on Sundays, particularly later in the season after say six weeks or so when it's clear we aren't going anywhere.

I just don't like the way they run the place. As I said, the place is half full, you've yanked the menu in favor of a limited menu of like five items, and it takes an hour to get a basket of fries? Not exactly the creme de la creme of the intellectual capital pool running that place IMO.

The atmosphere at Jimmy's is vastly superior. It used to be superior, with better food, at CJ Nickels in Springfield. Not sure if that's still there and if it's still a Bills bar on Sundays if it is. I think it was on Backlick.

shelby
08-08-2007, 04:33 AM
Good luck Wys, your sauce is delicious!:hungry:

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah, WILCO on the wing biz. Wings, Dogs, and Ice Cream is what it's going to be. Just finishing up the biz plan now.

I was referring to the Glory Days in Winchester actually. Yeah, the Woodbridge one is a little in that vein. The food should be the same however. I've met the owners and chefs and they really do a great job, ... except for their wings which I haven't been able to convince them otherwise. I'm shutting off new biz to the region due to our venture there. So they've lost out there unless by some strange stroke they get back to me very soon.

Grevey's, actually for a couple of years was really ill attended even on game days. Ever since about the last times we were there I've heard and seen many, many empty tables on Sundays, particularly later in the season after say six weeks or so when it's clear we aren't going anywhere.

I just don't like the way they run the place. As I said, the place is half full, you've yanked the menu in favor of a limited menu of like five items, and it takes an hour to get a basket of fries? Not exactly the creme de la creme of the intellectual capital pool running that place IMO.

The atmosphere at Jimmy's is vastly superior. It used to be superior, with better food, at CJ Nickels in Springfield. Not sure if that's still there and if it's still a Bills bar on Sundays if it is. I think it was on Backlick.

My parents and my grandma live in Springfield so I'm relatively familiar with the area, and I haven't heard of CJ Nickels. I'll look into it though.

You gonna serve trash plates/garbage plates/whatever you have to call them to avoid getting sued by Tahou's? My friends and I have had many conversations about how a trash plate place would clean up in Adam's Morgan.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Well I try to attend as many of the home games as I can. I usually go for the opener, one more early game and a late game or two but the new rule about being able to move games at a network's whim really hurts chances of catching a late game for I usually fly later in the season (driving through the PA mountains at night in December is not recommended). Last year I traveled a lot hence missed games and this year and on I need to work half the Sundays. I live in Alexandria and go by Greevey's every time I go to Jimmy's.

I agree with Wys completely about Greevey's. Seeing all of those empty seats is what made me look there. Finding out some of the tables with no one there are reserved by the same people is what made me stop.

Yeah, mountains of PA in winter is definitely a bad idea. A few years ago we were driving to Rochester from DC in late December and they actually closed Rte 15 NB, so we ended up going back SB a couple exits to hang out in this redneck mall for a couple of hours until they opened it again (and it was a redneck mall- the entire freestanding McDonalds in the parking lot was decked out with a checkerboard/NASCAR decor).

HHURRICANE
08-08-2007, 08:33 AM
As of right now it will be on CBS, looks nationally. I checked CBS in Atlanta and as of today it's on.

G. Host
08-08-2007, 08:40 AM
My parents and my grandma live in Springfield so I'm relatively familiar with the area, and I haven't heard of CJ Nickels. I'll look into it though.

You gonna serve trash plates/garbage plates/whatever you have to call them to avoid getting sued by Tahou's? My friends and I have had many conversations about how a trash plate place would clean up in Adam's Morgan.

CJ Nickles is closed. It has been for a few years. I used to watch games there.
It became a Korean restaurant for a year before becoming the Tokyo Inn which serves good Japanese Steak and Sushi, If you ever want to try it out let me know and I'll give you a 20% off coupon.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 08:43 AM
CJ Nickles is closed. It has been for a few years. I used to watch games there.
It became a Korean restaurant for a year before becoming the Tokyo Inn which serves good Japanese Steak and Sushi, If you ever want to try it out let me know and I'll give you a 20% off coupon.

definitely- I love teriyaki and seafood is the closest thing to meat that my wife will eat, so we have been going to Japanese places a lot lately. She also really likes the fried rice- the Japanese do something differently that gives it a unique flavor.

Typ0
08-08-2007, 04:20 PM
definitely- I love teriyaki and seafood is the closest thing to meat that my wife will eat, so we have been going to Japanese places a lot lately. She also really likes the fried rice- the Japanese do something differently that gives it a unique flavor.

yeah, they pee on it then dry it in the sun and then fry it.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 09:31 PM
yeah, they pee on it then dry it in the sun and then fry it.

as long as it tastes good.

mybills
08-09-2007, 05:32 PM
As of right now it will be on CBS, looks nationally. I checked CBS in Atlanta and as of today it's on.
no, really? are you sure? :bandwagon

Typ0
08-09-2007, 05:45 PM
as long as it tastes good.

that's what I say too...but not everyone agrees.

Earthquake Enyart
08-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Isn't wings, hot dogs, and ice cream a weird combo?

Throne Logic
08-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Wow! I didn't see it on the NFLN schedule, so I figured it was just not going to be seen on TV. I just check my local listings for DirecTV in Connecticut and, sure enough, low and behold the Bills vs. NO game is sitting in the 8 PM slot.

It's those little things in life, like preseason Bills football after a long off-season.

Typ0
08-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Isn't wings, hot dogs, and ice cream a weird combo?

you know if you do soft serve the only thing you are going to be throwing in the trash is dog buns once and a while...and people expect that kind of establishment to be a crap hole like Duffs so you have that problem licked too.

raphael120
08-10-2007, 01:50 PM

You could sell anything in Adams Morgan, you see how that jumbo slice place cleans up? It's the only place in the world where you'll see anorexic-model-chic types inhailing pizza slices that are two times the size of your head...