PDA

View Full Version : espn.com story on Spikes

Mudflap1
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=2964251

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I sure do wish things would have worked out differently here with Spikes.

patmoran2006
08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
This is the paragraph that bothers me...

""There's definitely a lot of motivation for me," Spikes said after Monday's morning practice. "I look back at my Achilles injury and it came when I was just starting to take my game to another level, especially with the mental part. Then when I came back last season, I couldn't do all the things that I was used to doing because my leg wasn't strong enough. Even now, I'm surprising myself with the things I'm doing on the field. It's been that long since I've done them at full strength."

--- Given the fact we didnt need to make a financial move with the salary cap, our LB corp is thin in depth and what TKO did for us when healthy-- not to mention we're missing leadership on this team, and lastly, not getting enough for him (IMO) in return..

Given all of that, I really wish we had given him this year to show how far back from injury he really is.

justasportsfan
08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
"Even now, I'm surprising myself with the things I'm doing on the field. It's been that long since I've done them at full strength."

Blah. You blew smoke up our arse when you co-hosted NFLN and said you're back.

Loved you when you were a bills Takeo, but I have a feeling you'll regret asking to be traded.

Saratoga Slim
08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
This is the paragraph that bothers me...

""There's definitely a lot of motivation for me," Spikes said after Monday's morning practice. "I look back at my Achilles injury and it came when I was just starting to take my game to another level, especially with the mental part. Then when I came back last season, I couldn't do all the things that I was used to doing because my leg wasn't strong enough. Even now, I'm surprising myself with the things I'm doing on the field. It's been that long since I've done them at full strength."

--- Given the fact we didnt need to make a financial move with the salary cap, our LB corp is thin in depth and what TKO did for us when healthy-- not to mention we're missing leadership on this team, and lastly, not getting enough for him (IMO) in return..

Given all of that, I really wish we had given him this year to show how far back from injury he really is.

me too. my one big complaint about the FO moves over the past two years. all I can say is I hope TKO was really begging for a trade and we got rid of him because he truly didn't want to be here. any other reason and I'm not sold on the move.

ParanoidAndroid
08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
He said the same things just before last season.

Mad Bomber
08-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Bigger. Faster. Stronger.

madness
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Bigger. Faster. Stronger.

Liarer.

Tatonka
08-07-2007, 03:53 PM
He said the same things just before last season.

exactly.. all that bigger faster **** was to sell shirts.. he said he was amazed at how strong he was.. and how his rehab went so quick.. then sucked a fat dong all year.. he was an embarrassment last year.. he should have benched himself if he really cared about winning.

Mr. Cynical
08-07-2007, 04:37 PM
I sure do wish things would have worked out differently here with Spikes.

agreed - i liked him alot...his short stint here reminded me of speilman's - both guys could really have made big gains here for the bills but injuries ruined it. I don't blame OBD for trading him because it's a business but it still is a shame.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
"Even now, I'm surprising myself with the things I'm doing on the field. It's been that long since I've done them at full strength."

Blah. You blew smoke up our arse when you co-hosted NFLN and said you're back.

Loved you when you were a bills Takeo, but I have a feeling you'll regret asking to be traded.

Guys, I know the people that worked on his achilles. He ain't coming back at 100%, ever. I'll take my chances with Ellison.

Meathead
08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
lets not forget the other one could go at any time too

its gotten overlooked but right after he injured it he said he was having problems with both and it coulda been either leg. i dont think he said it more than once, prolly because he realized it was a mistake to admit it, but its unlikely you have one bad achilles and not have the other also prone to the same injury

i dont wish that on anybody but its a fact. all in all i think it was too big of a risk and i think it was more than reasonable enough of a gamble to let him and his big payday go for a fifth/fourth and a seventh

DynaPaul
08-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Bigger. Faster. Crunchier.

Try the new Taco Bell crunchwrap.

I'm full!

Voltron
08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Also he asked to be traded. What else is there to say? If he didn't want to be here then what would be the purpose to keep him?

!Papacrunk!
08-08-2007, 09:24 AM
look at it this way, the last team he asked to be traded for went on to become pretty good, made the playoffs at least.

justasportsfan
08-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Also he asked to be traded. What else is there to say? If he didn't want to be here then what would be the purpose to keep him?
that's waht some people here wanted. Force a questionable player to stay against his wishes.