PDA

View Full Version : Posluszny and Urlacher

Mahdi
08-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Tell me Poz doesnt look exactly like Urlacher, their almost clones in uniform. I really believe he will be just like Urlacher for us, of course thats just gut instinct, anything can happen. Poz even dresses like Urlacher on the field, same black tape on the wrist and same helmet cage exactly. But really though It seems they have the same talents, great tacklers and instinct to the ball and diagnosing plays. He could end up being the steal of the draft. Im really looking forward to seeing Poz play on Friday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6817800_36_1.jpg

http://media.abqtrib.com/albq/content/img/photos/2007/02/02/FF_020207_bigBrian_t600.jpg

PECKERWOOD
08-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I appreciate the optimism but I don't wanna jinx the guy. Plus, I would say that Urlacher is a bit taller and more built at this stage. (not to mention a better player) Anyways, I have hope that he can become a player like Urlacher though, I have a great feeling that he is going to be something special.

ublinkwescore
08-08-2007, 02:48 AM
I've been saying it for a while now, Poz is gonna make people outside of Chicago say "Who's Urlacher?".

TedMock
08-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Hopefully Poz outshines him at the end of their careers. They play the same position, but different games. Poz is 20 lbs lighter, but 3 inches shorter than Urlacher. Poz is actually a little stockier. Urlacher is freakishly fast too. Poz doesn't have Urlacher's speed. Poz also (from what I've been reading) is a plugger type linebacker with good anticipation at hitting the hole fast, but he's fast enough to be decent in pass coverage. Urlacher is a read-and-react player in my opinion. His speed and height allow him to see the field and he moves laterally very well. You'll see plays where Urlacher is completely out of it then somehow finds his way into a tackle for little gain. His speed is his biggest asset. I don't think either style is better or worse. It really depends on what the coaches are looking for in their scheme.

Tatonka
08-08-2007, 11:21 AM
jauron drafted both of them.. and ellison and briggs too.. hopefully he can continue the knack of picking good LBs.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 11:30 AM
why is it that we have to wait and see if McCargo's a bust when he's already been useless for a year, but we can compare Poz to Urlacher before Poz even plays a single down of NFL football?

Don't get me wrong- I like Poz and I think he'll be good for us (eventually), I just the the Urlacher comparisons are a little premature.

mikemac2001
08-08-2007, 11:39 AM
why is it that we have to wait and see if McCargo's a bust when he's already been useless for a year, but we can compare Poz to Urlacher before Poz even plays a single down of NFL football?

Don't get me wrong- I like Poz and I think he'll be good for us (eventually), I just the the Urlacher comparisons are a little premature.

he was just stating they look similar obvious we dont know if he will be urlacher, i think he will be a very good player but urlacher has that nasty speed he can do so much bc of it

casdhf
08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Poz is bigger than Urlacher was coming out of college.

HAMMER
08-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Why can't you stop pissing in everyones cheerios every five minutes, STFU!

venis2k1
08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.beckys-place.com/30boz/brianbosworth.jpg

HHURRICANE
08-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Tell me Poz doesnt look exactly like Urlacher,

Urlacher is bigger, stronger and faster. He has a thicker build and is alot meaner. Other than that...identical.

The last buffalo fan
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM

:hi5:

Sorry Opi, but c'mon!!!!!:ill:

Typ0
08-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Urlacher is one of if not the best player in the league...give the homerism a rest Poz hasn't even played a down yet. I sure hope it works out but to elevate him to Urlachers status is rediculous and completely oblivious to the accomplishments Urlacher has made.

Go ahead homer idiots groan away.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
:hi5:

Sorry Opi, but c'mon!!!!!:ill:

I love optimism but putting Poz and Urlacher in the same sentence is pushing it. The minute you say they look alike what are you implying?

Hell, I look just like Steve Tasker.

Typ0
08-08-2007, 05:44 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6817800_36_1.jpg

Funny the guy on the bottom looks a lot bigger than the guy on the top to me.

http://media.abqtrib.com/albq/content/img/photos/2007/02/02/FF_020207_bigBrian_t600.jpg

im4bflo
08-08-2007, 06:58 PM
With helmets off, they don't look alike.
They don't play alike, and it's way too early to compare POZ with anyone.
Let the guy learn, and get used to the speed of the NFL, and then after he has the playbook wired, we can compare him with the best, because I'm betting he's going to be one of the best!
POZSQUAD! #51

baalworship
08-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I would be happy with Chris Spielman.

im4bflo
08-08-2007, 08:09 PM
I would be happy with Chris Spielman.

To me, he's what a football player should be, I loved that guy, he was the ultimate football player to me. Too bad his wife became ill, and he retired.
:bf1:

finsrclowns
08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Why stop there? Poz = Urlacher, Lynch = Tomlinson, Edwards = Brady.:sigh:

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 09:30 PM

Why can't you criticize people for being unreasonable when they're being unreasonable? They're comparing a guy who hasn't played a down of NFL football to arguably the best MLB in the game right now.

While we're at it, Lynch reminds me of Tomlinson and something about Parrish has Marvin Harrison written all over him. And I'm glad we shelled out for Kelsay because he's every bit as good as Julius Peppers :rolleyes:.

!Papacrunk!
08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
I too thought the Simpsons movie was pretty good. I just wanted to feel included in the rest of this thread, j/k

dannyek71
08-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Brandon Spoon also looked alot like Urlacher

Voltron
08-09-2007, 09:25 AM
You can tell that training camp has started when people start comparing rookies to all pros before they play a down :rolleyes:

Mahdi
08-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Why can't you criticize people for being unreasonable when they're being unreasonable? They're comparing a guy who hasn't played a down of NFL football to arguably the best MLB in the game right now.

While we're at it, Lynch reminds me of Tomlinson and something about Parrish has Marvin Harrison written all over him. And I'm glad we shelled out for Kelsay because he's every bit as good as Julius Peppers :rolleyes:.
Ok I have no problem with being critisized for a post or whatever but I think its important to carefully read what someone is saying before ripping it...

1) I said BELIEVE. I BELIEVE Poz will do so and so.....

2) I said FOR US... as in I believe Poz will be for us what Urlacher is to Chicago... does not mean that they will be equal in stature, but just equal in importance to their respective teams.

3) I said GUT INSTINCT.... I FEEL as though Poz will be great. Never said HE WILL be or MUST BE. In fact I clearly stated that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. ie Bust, injury.

4) I said it SEEMS as though they have the same talents. Tackling, football instinct, play recognition.

5) I said he COULD end up being the steal of the draft. Not he IS the steal of the draft.

Having said that, the opposite could be true for anything I said, its just that based on his demeanor, character and generally his production in college I feel that he will be a top LB in this league.

and BTW, Urlacher was 245 coming out of college, Poz is 238 and might even be bigger after the offseason. Not that big a difference except for height.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 11:44 AM

different position ;)

guys Poz has yet to beat DiG for the starting job. Let's put things in perspective. PoZ is way better than Ray Lewis at his best. :tip: