PDA

View Full Version : Sabres to play on VS. 7x's this season

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-07-2007, 08:54 PM
The Buffalo Sabres will appear on VERSUS 7 times in 07/08.

They will renew acquainances with Danny Briere and Chris Drury. Philly gets a double dip-- one home and one away. Captain Clutch returns to HSBC on March 10, for a game with certain playoff implications.

The QEW Grudge Match will be on centre stage in the first week of the season.

AO's will host The Sabres.

The B's visit Lake Erie.

The Sabres play in The Bay.

Date Away Home Time (ET)

Mon. Oct. 15 Toronto Buffalo 7:00 PM

Mon. Nov. 26 Buffalo Washington 7:00 PM

Mon. Dec. 10 Boston Buffalo 7:00 PM

Tue. Jan. 29 Buffalo Tampa Bay 7:30 PM

Mon. Feb. 25 Philadelphia Buffalo 7:00 PM

Tue. Mar. 04 Buffalo Philadelphia 7:00 PM

Mon. Mar. 10 N.Y. Rangers Buffalo 7:00 PM

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8877

BlackMetalNinja
08-08-2007, 06:42 AM
At least they're pretty well spread out until the end of the year. This reminds me, I better start saving some cash for NHL Center Ice again!

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2007, 07:33 AM
This means 7 Hi def games!!! :bf1:

BlackMetalNinja
08-08-2007, 07:43 AM
This means 7 Hi def games!!! :bf1:

Not for me! Stupid Time Warner down here doesn't have Vs. HD!

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 10:27 AM
ass- they picked up one of the Caps games, which I would have been able to see anyway. I'm going to have to give serious thought to renewing Center Ice.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Not for me! Stupid Time Warner down here doesn't have Vs. HD!

neither does DirecTV- yet. They will by the time the season starts.

RockStar36
08-08-2007, 10:38 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

The Sabres are on VS 7x which means more national exposure but we complain that we don't get to hear RJ call the game.

If the Sabres are on VS 1x this season we ***** and moan that they aren't getting enough attention and respect to be on national tv.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 01:24 PM

The Sabres are on VS 7x which means more national exposure but we complain that we don't get to hear RJ call the game.

If the Sabres are on VS 1x this season we ***** and moan that they aren't getting enough attention and respect to be on national tv.

guess the homers are in here too.

I don't like the VS announcers but I don't see hte games unless they're on VS or playing the Caps- I'm just pissed that VS picked up one of the Caps games because that's one less game I get to see.

BlackMetalNinja
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM

The only real hint of a complaint I saw was the thumbs down in the title thread... and keep in mind who started the thread. Eklund at hockeybuzz probably told him national tv was rumored to be a bad thing and he went with it...

BlackMetalNinja
08-08-2007, 01:56 PM
guess the homers are in here too.

I don't like the VS announcers but I don't see hte games unless they're on VS or playing the Caps- I'm just pissed that VS picked up one of the Caps games because that's one less game I get to see.

Trust me, Center Ice is so worth it if you're really into the Sabres, or even hockey in general. I fell it was fully worth the amound I paid for the full season last year. I probably watched 75 of the 82 games last season. Which means I paid about $2/game, not including any other NHL games I happened to watch as well.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Trust me, Center Ice is so worth it if you're really into the Sabres, or even hockey in general. I fell it was fully worth the amound I paid for the full season last year. I probably watched 75 of the 82 games last season. Which means I paid about $2/game, not including any other NHL games I happened to watch as well.

I had it for the last 6 weeks or so and I liked it- the problem is just money. I spend a fortune on Sunday Ticket and Superfan as it is.

BlackMetalNinja
08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I had it for the last 6 weeks or so and I liked it- the problem is just money. I spend a fortune on Sunday Ticket and Superfan as it is.
Yeah, I know what you mean. For me, it's not such an issue since I can't get Sunday Ticket to begin with, and I probably wouldn't anyways since I can go to a bar 3 minutes away that has it and is packed with Bills fans. I much enjoy the atmosphere there on Sundays during the season, it's better than sitting at home by myself and watching the game every week.

Plus, I see it as a much better value considering you're getting an assload more games for quite a bit less money. It was nice for me, I think I had to pay an extra $40 on my cable bill for like 4 months or something.

Plus... you paid probably 1/3 of what I did for only 6 weeks instead of 8 months.

Typ0
08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I watch all the games on msg what do I need center ice for?

BlackMetalNinja
08-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I watch all the games on msg what do I need center ice for?

Well YOU don't... those of us that don't live in the area however, do!

OpIv37
08-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Well YOU don't... those of us that don't live in the area however, do!

yeah.... Center Ice is a little more cost efficient than moving back to WNY.

Bill Brasky
08-09-2007, 10:31 AM

A rational thinker in these parts?

Who wouldda thought?