• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

USA Today's Top 25 NFL players of the past 25 years

Don't agree with them all and unless they are talking about record books. Jimbo was a better QB than Marino; Marino got the stats but Jimbo got the job done.

Bruce Smith Smith sacked his way to the top
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: USA Today's Top 25 NFL players of the past 25 years

Shows all of the voting. Jimbo was #26 (Just short again, dammit!)

How Thurman did not get votes, I'll never know.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

This is an imposssible ranking.

There are more than 25 players who should all be tied for #1.

Comment

• Voltron
        • Jul 2002

Tom Brady at 9!!!! I mean I don't want to take anything away from the kid. He scares the crap out of me every time the Bills have to play him but #9!!! WTF!!!

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

And not that I think the guy is a great person or anything, but no matter what he did OJ deserves to be on that list in the Top 10. I wish we could some how explain to people what he did on the football field has nothing to do with what he did 20 years later. Had he not been such a waste of skin 20 years later he would have been in the top 10 of that list.
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• tat2dmike77
            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
            • Dec 2005

There is no f-in way brady should be in the top 10. Top 25 yes but not the top 10. Why is bradshaw so low and brady so high. Oh wait he is the golden boy of the nfl and he would not of been in the top 10 he would of cried to the nfl.

And deion sanders what the hell. What cause he had some good seasons he didn't change the game. Except for running his mouth. Well he was a great tackler if you count pushing someone out of bounds tackling. This list is crap.

Comment

• duhbilz
              S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
              • Jul 2007

Brady ahead of Marino??? I don't think so.

Comment

• duhbilz
                S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by G. Host
                Don't agree with them all and unless they are talking about record books. Jimbo was a better QB than Marino; Marino got the stats but Jimbo got the job done.

Bruce Smith Smith sacked his way to the top
                Ummmm, NO! Jim Kelley was a great QB, but he wasn't in Marinos area code. Marino played 7 more years, threw for almost twice as many yards, Kelly never once threw for 4000 yards in a season. Marino threw for 4000+ yards 6 times. This isn't a knock on Kelly by any means, it's just they were asked to do different things. Based on their stats Marino is head a shoulders ahead of Kelly.
                Last edited by duhbilz; 08-08-2007, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Dickerson and no Thurman? What a joke. Not being a biased Bills fan here, but that's just not right. I could understand if Eric was NOT on the list, then TT wouldn't be either. But since he IS on the list, that opens up a huge can of worms IMO.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    • Apr 2004

That's why it's impossible. It's like trying to rank the best songs of the past.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Voltron
                      And not that I think the guy is a great person or anything, but no matter what he did OJ deserves to be on that list in the Top 10. I wish we could some how explain to people what he did on the football field has nothing to do with what he did 20 years later. Had he not been such a waste of skin 20 years later he would have been in the top 10 of that list.
                      I might agree with you, but OJ wasn't playing within the last 25 years.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by duhbilz
                        Ummmm, NO! Jim Kelley was a great QB, but he wasn't in Marinos area code. Marino played 7 more years, threw for almost twice as many yards, Kelly never once threw for 4000 yards in a season. Marino threw for 4000+ yards 6 times. This isn't a knock on Kelly by any means, it's just they were asked to do different things. Based on their stats Marino is head a shoulders ahead of Kelly.
                        Marino was great at throwing the ball but that is it. He was a poor leader on the field and was not very good at faking it to RBs getting his running backs killed. Duration isn't everything.

Oh and Kellly played additional years in USFL like some other great players like Young and White so he did not play 7 "additional" years

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by duhbilz
                          Brady ahead of Marino??? I don't think so.
                          Absolutely Brady should be ahead of him.

My biggest disappointment is that Aikman made the list. He's one of the most over-rated QBs of all time.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Yikes..... Kelly better than Marino? Thats a hefty hefty statement. Kelly was a better leader but you can't wear blinders when talking about Marino as a QB.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                              Absolutely Brady should be ahead of him.

My biggest disappointment is that Aikman made the list. He's one of the most over-rated QBs of all time.
                              Agreed!
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X