PDA

View Full Version : TBN: Webster shines

Mitchy moo
08-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Cornerback Jason Webster had a strong practice Tuesday as the Buffalo Bills beat the rain in training camp at St. John Fisher College. Webster broke up what looked like a 20-yard touchdown pass in the back of the end zone from J. P. Losman to Peerless Price by knocking the ball out of Price’s hands. He also had good deep coverage on a couple of pass plays, refusing to bite on a double move by Josh Reed on one occasion. Webster, picked up off waivers from Atlanta in May, is back at work this week after missing a couple days with a sore hamstring. He’s the favorite to win the starting job vacated by Nate Clements.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/136641.html

patmoran2006
08-08-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm holding off judgement on Webster until I see him play in live games.

It's good to hear a lot of positive stuff about him so far through summer camps, but the fact remains he hasn't been very good throughout his semi-short career and has a lot to prove.

Goobylal
08-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Webster was a good CB for the 49'ers. However once he signed his big-money deal with the Falcons, he became injury-prone and started to suck. Actually that's a common theme with guys who go to Atlanta. Look at Peerless. Look at any UFA they've signed. I can't recall a good one in awhile.

The key will be keeping Webster healthy. If he does, the Bills will be fine at CB.

casdhf
08-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm holding off judgement on Webster until I see him play in live games.

It's good to hear a lot of positive stuff about him so far through summer camps, but the fact remains he hasn't been very good throughout his semi-short career and has a lot to prove. It's not a fact that he hasn't been good. The fact is he hasn't been on the field, not that he hasn't been good. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a good pickup.