PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised at the lack of JP news

ghz in pittsburgh
08-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Ever since JP joined the Bills, there were detailed "blow-by blow" accounts of his training camp activities every year. Sometimes well into his off field actions.

Remarkably noone does it this year. No one is detailing each throw he made, to whom, distance, etc.

I know JP improved considerably last year and is THE undisputed starter for the Bills this year. But to me, he's far from established. Look, no one cared how Kelly or Flutie looked in camp; we know when the lights is on, they'll play to their level. Are we applying the same logic to Losman? Already?

Yes the defense has more holes - there are question marks from CBs to MLBs, to DTs. But make no mistake about it, Losman's performance will have a bigger impact than them all!

I'm not there in camp in person. From what I read, Losman seemed to have made an inordinary amount of INTs this camp so far. If he keeps that up when the season starts in about a month, we are DOOOOOOMED!

Philagape
08-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Almost everything I've read has been positive, and what I saw Monday night confirmed that. Mostly on target, an occasional bad decision or bad throw, and some beauties. A normal starting QB with much upside.

LtBillsFan66
08-08-2007, 08:38 AM
No news is good news! Don't jinx it!!!

HHURRICANE
08-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I think JP is going to be great this year but as I posted earlier there are concerns at OBD and no one is completely sold in the front office. The fact that Kelly came out and said this is a "make or break" year pretty much echos the semtiment of the front office.

Gil Brandt had a chance to talk to Marv Levy during the HOF weekend and Marv said the player he was most impressed with so far was....Edwards.

JP won't get a whole season to work out the bugs.

Mitchy moo
08-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Gil Brandt had a chance to talk to Marv Levy during the HOF weekend and Marv said the player he was most impressed with so far was....Edwards.

JP won't get a whole season to work out the bugs.

good looking draft so far.

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 08:41 AM
I think at this point, most people think JP can be a solid QB and he's been solid in camp (from what I've heard- obviously I'm not there), so there isn't much to report. It's a good thing, IMO. If he was stinking it up, we'd be hearing about it.

patmoran2006
08-08-2007, 08:41 AM
The more I've thought about it, the Edwards pick was made for two reasons.

1- Insurance in case Losman has already "tapped out" his starting potential.

2- He wants too much money come contract time, in which case Edwards would already be in place.

I've seen nor heard anything from Losman this camp or summer so far that suggests he won't be improved over last year. He's definitely more comfortable, that's for sure.

LtBillsFan66
08-08-2007, 08:47 AM
The more I've thought about it, the Edwards pick was made for two reasons.

1- Insurance in case Losman has already "tapped out" his starting potential.

2- He wants too much money come contract time, in which case Edwards would already be in place.

I've seen nor heard anything from Losman this camp or summer so far that suggests he won't be improved over last year. He's definitely more comfortable, that's for sure.
3 - From what I see in the practice highlights on bb.com, Nall has a noodle arm.

G. Host
08-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Reports at camp suggest he is still a "Wild Thing" throwing the occasional stinker catchable by DBs/LBs but it may just be that the DBs/LBs have it easy to catch them because they know the scheme.

One goof thing we have heard is he does not sulk after such boneheaded throws.

One good thing we have not heard was JP throwing players under the bus like he had previous years. He has matured a bit and while still has a ego understands it is a team game.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM

If JP plays well and we let him walk over money than this team should be moved to LA. With that said I highly doubt that money will be an issue regarding a contract extension.

RockStar36
08-08-2007, 09:00 AM
The last few years people were watching every throw JP made because nobody was sure if he would be our QB it was the topic of the off-season. Losman or Holcomb. Now Losman pretty much established himself, he is the starter, so there is no need for the conversation. People are watching other areas of the roster instead of disecting JP's every move.

ibatiger
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
3 - From what I see in the practice highlights on bb.com, Nall has a noodle arm.

Watch last weeks videos. He was spraying the ball all over the field. At the night practice he hit a deep seam that was a bullet. When Losman did the same thing the other day it was raved about. There was no difference except for who threw it. When Losman does something like that there is audible cheering and celebration by those watching. When Nall does it there is dead silence. Which leads me to believe that most observers have gone for popcorn. I even watched some "amateur" video on a site that was linked from bb.com and the guy taking the video at the night practice couldn't even follow the ball (on the deep slant) and stopped short (barely showing the reception for a second in the left side of the screen) and was panning around in the secondary looking for what happened. Same thing on a TD pass. There was a lot of traffic at the line of scrimmage and at the last second Nall "flipped" it flatfooted with a lot of zip down to the endzone when a guy got open. Someone on the bb.com vidoe could be heard saying something like "wow he got it". That same play being filmed from near the line of scrimmage on the other site's video and the shot didn't follow the ball into the endzone. It did the same thing on one of Losman's reps but on that one you could see Losman giving it a "Oh crap" gesture after the throw. LOL. Anyway, my point is just that Nall can throw it anywhere, anytime. I've seen it many times. So can Edwards, but he doesn't know where to throw it yet. When he figures that out he might be good. But saying he looks good except he can't read the defense and needs to cut down on the ints. (which is about what Chris Brown said on a chat the other day) is like saying the guy is an NFL QB except for the fact that he hasn't learned to be an NFL QB yet. Guys that throw the ball pretty and even look good in 7 on 7 are a dime a dozen. BTW, I noticed Jauron mentioned Edward's quick release. But it won't do him any good if he is showing you where he's going to throw the ball all along. AT least that should improve with time.

The last buffalo fan
08-08-2007, 09:59 AM
great, more **** to our QB performance!! :bf1:

justasportsfan
08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm not there in camp in person. From what I read, Losman seemed to have made an inordinary amount of INTs this camp so far. If he keeps that up when the season starts in about a month, we are DOOOOOOMED!

I'd be even more worried if he wasn't throwing INT's. That would mean our D isn't doing anything. What happens at camp isn't a way to measure a player or unit. Remember , Rob Johnson was a camp probowler.

INT could mean JP is making mistakes or our D is making plays.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
The wrg55 beat guys mentioned that Losman seemed to have made a lot of INTs over the short middle area in camp. In my memory, his INTs in the past has always been long or to the side lines. Maybe Fairchild openned up and allow him to throw to the middle more now.

casdhf
08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
He's used to throwing over a MLB that's 5'10.

Risin
08-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Reports at camp suggest he is still a "Wild Thing" throwing the occasional stinker catchable by DBs/LBs but it may just be that the DBs/LBs have it easy to catch them because they know the scheme.

One goof thing we have heard is he does not sulk after such boneheaded throws.

One good thing we have not heard was JP throwing players under the bus like he had previous years. He has matured a bit and while still has a ego understands it is a team game.

Pure garbage post.

I don't know where to start.

He hasn't been "wild thing" for one.

He has NEVER thrown a player under the bus.

Everybody has an ego, yet JP is one of the more humble QB's in the game right now.

Please follow your avatar, and stick your head back into the sand.