PDA

View Full Version : Takeo Spikes on Jim Rome

Captain Obvious
08-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Takeo Spikes to Jim Rome

"If you don't buy into the program, your not going to play to 100% of your capabilities"

He admitted to Jim Rome he did not care for the Cover 2 scheme the Bills defense runs

patmoran2006
08-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I think he bought even less into the direction the team was heading, from his perspective.

justasportsfan
08-08-2007, 02:31 PM
translation: The bills are headed a different direction called "youth"

casdhf
08-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Who cares?

Static
08-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I hope he punches Jim Rome.

Goobylal
08-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, he wasn't suited for the cover-2. And we'll see what he IS suited for, after his Achilles injury. His days of being a top LB are gone.

justasportsfan
08-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I hope he punches Jim Rome.
post of the year !!!

Captain Obvious
08-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, he wasn't suited for the cover-2. And we'll see what he IS suited for, after his Achilles injury. His days of being a top LB are gone.

Takeo claims he's 100% recovered from his Achilles injury and he's perfectly suited for Eagle DC Jim Johnsons' zone blitz schemes..We'll see

Earthquake Enyart
08-08-2007, 02:41 PM
If he's healthy, he'll have a monster year.

I don't think he's healthy though.

cocamide
08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
If he's healthy, he'll have a monster year.

I don't think he's healthy though.

What are you basing this on?

patmoran2006
08-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Even if he was healthy as an ox, a cover two doesnt play to TKO's strength.

Having said that, I pretty much hate the cover two period.

I loved it when we had two tough SOB's at DT (Washington, Williams and Adams- pick two) and were aggressive. Our defenses were ranked amongst the best in the NFL during that span.

Goobylal
08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Takeo claims he's 100% recovered from his Achilles injury and he's perfectly suited for Eagle DC Jim Johnsons' zone blitz schemes..We'll see
He said the same thing LAST year. Look where it got him.

And he could be healthy and still not the same player he once was. Take a look at Sam Cowart, a player on his way to being an all-pro until he tore his Achilles (man, what a blow!). He was healthy afterwards, but not nearly the same player. In fact the only player I know of that came back at the same level was Julian Peterson. That's not a good success rate.

Stewie
08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
... too bad we didn't play cover 2 then

tampabay25690
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
I was happy when TAKEO came here but I think he is 1 of the MOST overrated LB in the league especially for the $$$ he gets paid. He had 1 great game for the BILLS opener vs New England then he was gone....MY OPINION

venis2k1
08-08-2007, 04:37 PM
he will make the iggles a much better team, i have no doubt in my mind about that. id like nothing more than to see him get the the super bowl this year...and then lose to the bills.

i had a lot of fun watching spikes through the couple of years he spent in buffalo, i just can't understand why so many people have so much spite for him.

John Doe
08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Spikes was a bust for the Bills.

1 good year, 1 bad year, 1 non-existant year.

To top it off, he would not "buy in" to the system while being paid big bucks.

It would have been stupid to bring him back for another season.

RockStar36
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
If Spikes was as good a player as he is at running his mouth and saying just how good and dominant he plans on being he would be the best LB ever.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
If Spikes was as good a player as he is at running his mouth and saying just how good and dominant he plans on being he would be the best LB ever.

I was just going to say that he has a "pro-bowl" mouth.

Maybe the Eagles D is going to be "the best ever?"

Patti120
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Spikes is a classy player and I wish him the best and hope that he fully recovers from the achilles injury and destroys every team in the NFL except for the bills.

RockStar36
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I have bad news for Philly.

Forget about the playoffs this year. You guys have the Takeo curse.

Typ0
08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
it would be nice to have a coaching staff around here for a while that got to put something together with the players they brought in/drafted.

duhbilz
08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I have bad news for Philly.

Forget about the playoffs this year. You guys have the Takeo curse.

So every player that left this year was holding the Bills back?

hydro
08-09-2007, 09:48 AM
So every player that left this year was holding the Bills back?

I have no clue how you could have come to that conclusion from his post. In now way did he make it seem like everyone that left was holding the team back.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 10:01 AM
it would be nice to have a coaching staff around here for a while that got to put something together with the players they brought in/drafted.
that is exactly what I think they are trying to do which is why they let Willis ,Fletcher and Spikes go.

Mr. Pink
08-09-2007, 10:11 AM
But Justa, you still need some veteran leadership around to "groom" the youngsters. I agree with Takeo being out the door, I've stated that he shoulda been shown the door before last season even started. I agree with Clements not being here any longer, the economics weren't there. I disagree with Fletcher being ousted....he could still be productive for a couple more seasons, as he was productive in our defense last year...on top of him being the vocal leader of our defense.

Agree or disagree with him being here now, you can't disagree that he was the heart and soul of our defense last year and will be missed.

That's the main reasoning of why I think we could possibly be in for a long year, not because of a lack of talent, which we do have at certain spots, but a lack of leadership. It's going to be a year of growing, building and someone taking that leadership role that will be sorely missed. Another couple seasons of Fletcher could have been instrumental in him grooming someone into that role for when he left.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 10:17 AM
But Justa, you still need some veteran leadership around to "groom" the youngsters. I agree with Takeo being out the door, I've stated that he shoulda been shown the door before last season even started. I agree with Clements not being here any longer, the economics weren't there. I disagree with Fletcher being ousted....he could still be productive for a couple more seasons, as he was productive in our defense last year...on top of him being the vocal leader of our defense.

Agree or disagree with him being here now, you can't disagree that he was the heart and soul of our defense last year and will be missed.

That's the main reasoning of why I think we could possibly be in for a long year, not because of a lack of talent, which we do have at certain spots, but a lack of leadership. It's going to be a year of growing, building and someone taking that leadership role that will be sorely missed. Another couple seasons of Fletcher could have been instrumental in him grooming someone into that role for when he left.

I don't disagree.We could've used their leadership but as soon as they asked to leave , our FO didn't blink either. They weren't our future.

Leadership will come from within just like The Kelly era. Might as well find out now who they are by playing them NOW.Kelly and co. were a bunch of youngsters who played together all those years. Guys like Kelly , Hull , Thurman eventually grew to become leaders.

Guys like Spikes and Fletcher would be too old by the time the younguns are ready to make their run . Might as well let them play together now and get familiar with each other. I believe guys like POz and JP will eventually grow to become leaders as well. Let the process begin .

without Fletch thats they become leaders their own way without having a disgruntled players (Fletch/Spikes) giving input

Marv is doing exactly what Polian did with his teams.