PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten Man

patmoran2006
08-08-2007, 02:39 PM
You know... I was writing about something else and this hit me. We've been spending an awful lot of time talking about McCargo.. Is he a bust? Is he injury prone? What's his upside? Can he make a difference? will he make a difference?

And we've had plenty of Kyle Williams discussion as well.

Yet, from at least what I've seen-- there hasn't been a single thread devoted too, or barely even a discussion for that matter, on Larry Tripplett.

Why does McCargo and Williams get overly scrutinzed yet Tripplett is barely even mentioned.

This guy got $18 million I think over 5 years and didnt do jack for us last year. This year, I've barely heard a word about him. Why shouldn't HE be discussed and written about as a critical key to the success of the front four. Our general manager sure as hell PAID him like a guy that matters.

Right now, he's the $18 million dollar "SO WHAT" guy.

Mudflap1
08-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree on the point that he needs to step up along with Williams, McCargo, etc.

Jon

PECKERWOOD
08-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I like Tripplett, Ive mentioned him before. He is a serviceable veteran and a good rotational player and to have him for 5 years for only 18 million seems pretty reasonable to me. I do remember him coming on strong at the end of last year so hopefully he picks up where he left off at.

Philagape
08-08-2007, 02:51 PM
He looked good Monday at night practice

OpIv37
08-08-2007, 03:12 PM
seems appropriate that he's barely mentioned since his performance during the games was barely noticable.

raphael120
08-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Apparently last year during the middle of the season or somwehre areound there he was nursing an injury but was just roughing it through the pain and supposively was never 100% health until the last part of the season when he was finally producing sacks...who knows how much truth there is to this, but he should be "100%" healthy now, and his production should be better...again...everything is a big IF and BUT