PDA

View Full Version : The Sports Network's predicted 53 man roster

G. Host
08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
The Sports Network's predictions are in bold, comments non bokd
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/nfl/news/ABN4095751.htm

QB (3): J.P. Losman, Craig Nall, Trent Edwards
No surprises here

RB (6): Marshawn Lynch, Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams, Dwayne Wright, Josh Scobey (RS), Brad Cieslak (FB/TE)
I guess they do not understand the term HB. Williams is definitely on the bubble - the Bills need special teams players but he barely played last year

WR (5): Lee Evans, Peerless Price, Roscoe Parrish, Sam Aiken, Josh Reed
No surprises here. Sam Aiken does not appear to have ability to take move up in depth chart though.

TE (3): Robert Royal, Kevin Everett, Ryan Neufeld (FB/TE)
Why is Brad Cieslak listed under RB and Ryan Neufeld listed under TE? Not very consistant. I'd have listed 4 TEs. I think Schourman squeezes in and Everett (if he proves a bust) or Neufeld (otherwise) being out.

OL (9): Jason Peters (LT), Derrick Dockery (LG), Melvin Fowler (C), Duke Preston (RG), Langston Walker (RT), Jason Whittle (G), Terrance Pennington (T), Brad Butler (T), Aaron Merz (C/G)
Seems possible but they might go with 8

DL (9): Aaron Schobel (DE), Chris Kelsay (DE), Larry Tripplett (DT), Kyle Williams (DT), Tim Anderson (DT), John McCargo (DT), Ryan Denney (DE), Anthony Hargrove (DL), Jason Jefferson (DT)
Do not think so. I can not see Bills keeping these 9. One of them is out.

LB (7): Paul Posluzsny (MLB), Angelo Crowell (SLB), Keith Ellison (WLB), Mario Haggan (LB), John DiGiorgio (LB), Coy Wire (LB), Roy Manning (LB)
They predict Manning to knock Stamer out. Have not seen or heard enough of Manning to know if this is going to happen.

DB (8): Terrence McGee (CB), Jason Webster (CB), Donte Whitner (SS), Ko Simpson (FS), Jabari Greer (CB), Ashton Youboty (CB), Kiwaukee Thomas (CB), Jim Leonhard (S)
I think Wending makes it here - two versitle

SP (3): Rian Lindell (K), Brian Moorman (P), Mike Schneck (LS)
Maybe Schneck if one of the other outsiders can play LS as well.

Outside Looking In: TE Derek Schouman, TE Matt Murphy, DE C.J. Ah You, LB Josh Stamer, S John Wendling, S George Wilson
Schourman and Wending I have spoken on. The rest depend upion injuries and scheme. Like a 3-4 defense the modified TB Cover 2 requires different skills. Same with the Run and Gun.

camelcowboy
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
out :shaud williams, Nuefield, manning
in: stamer,schourman, and wendling

Scumbag College
08-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Wendling will make the team over Shaud.

The Bills will probably only keep 8 OLs since alot of the backups can play numerous positions on the line.

They'll also only keep three of the TEs/FBs.

John Doe
08-08-2007, 06:14 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/nfl/news/ABN4095751.htm

No surprises here

RB (6): Marshawn Lynch, Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams, Dwayne Wright, Josh Scobey (RS), Brad Cieslak (FB/TE)
I guess they do not understand the term HB. Williams is definitely on the bubble - the Bills need special teams players but he barely played last year

No surprises here. Sam Aiken does not appear to have ability to take move up in depth chart though.

Why is Brad Cieslak listed under RB and Ryan Neufeld listed under TE? Not very consistant. I'd have listed 4 TEs. I think Schourman squeezes in and Everett (if he proves a bust) or Neufeld (otherwise) being out.

OL (9): Jason Peters (LT), Derrick Dockery (LG), Melvin Fowler (C), Duke Preston (RG), Langston Walker (RT), Jason Whittle (G), Terrance Pennington (T), Brad Butler (T), Aaron Merz (C/G)

DL (9): Aaron Schobel (DE), Chris Kelsay (DE), Larry Tripplett (DT), Kyle Williams (DT), Tim Anderson (DT), John McCargo (DT), Ryan Denney (DE), Anthony Hargrove (DL), Jason Jefferson (DT)

LB (7): Paul Posluzsny (MLB), Angelo Crowell (SLB), Keith Ellison (WLB), Mario Haggan (LB), John DiGiorgio (LB), Coy Wire (LB), Roy Manning (LB)
They predict Manning to knock Stamer out. Have not seen or heard enough of Manning to know if this is going to happen.

DB (8): Terrence McGee (CB), Jason Webster (CB), Donte Whitner (SS), Ko Simpson (FS), Jabari Greer (CB), Ashton Youboty (CB), Kiwaukee Thomas (CB), Jim Leonhard (S)

Outside Looking In: TE Derek Schouman, TE Matt Murphy, DE C.J. Ah You, LB Josh Stamer, S John Wendling, S George Wilson
Schourman and Wending I have spoken on. The rest depend upion injuries and scheme. Like a 3-4 defense the modified TB Cover 2 requires different skills. Same with the Run and Gun.

Good comments.

I agree with Scobey over Williams.

Tight end is very competative. The coaches really seem to like Neufeld but he does not have any upside. They might keep 5 if Williams is cut.

They just might keep the 5 tackles as well - insurance against injuries to McCargo.

Linebacker is a tough call too. Who knows anything about Manning?

Also agree on Wendling. The coaches were talking about him before camp like he was a lock but he has to beat out Wilson. 8 defensive backs is too few.

Lots of good possibilities for the practice squad.

camelcowboy
08-08-2007, 06:22 PM
if they had another defensive end i'd kick hargrove's ass to the curve.

Voltron
08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I think Stamer will make it over Manning or DiGiorgio because he is one of the better ST players. I don't think this list takes into consideration that Bobby April has a lot of pull when it comes to the cuts.

Voltron
08-08-2007, 06:28 PM
if they had another defensive end i'd kick hargrove's ass to the curve.
For what?! He admitted it was a dumb Idea to be out during camp, He hasn't even been to an actual court date that will determine his guilt or innocence, and he has handled the entire issue very professionally.

im4bflo
08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree, keep Wendling!

DraftBoy
08-08-2007, 06:53 PM
For what?! He admitted it was a dumb Idea to be out during camp, He hasn't even been to an actual court date that will determine his guilt or innocence, and he has handled the entire issue very professionally.
Do you defend the innocence of Mike Vick the same way? He to hasnt had a court date to determine his guilt or innocence.

don137
08-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I think Wendling will be on the practice squad...

camelcowboy
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
For what?! He admitted it was a dumb Idea to be out during camp, He hasn't even been to an actual court date that will determine his guilt or innocence, and he has handled the entire issue very professionally. broke curfew punched a cop, get real. Pacman, chris henry, thurman all were punished before court dates.

im4bflo
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I think Wendling will be on the practice squad...

We need him on ST's, I hope he get's to play on ST's in the preseason games, then he'll shine, and make the team. Mark it down!

Voltron
08-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Do you defend the innocence of Mike Vick the same way? He to hasnt had a court date to determine his guilt or innocence.
I say innocent until proven guilty. You can do searches and see my posts on Vick. I think he is getting a raw deal! The only reason I can understand his suspension is that it is detrimental to the team. Who knows what kind of wacko may show up to camp or games and try and take a pot shot. Not to mention players on other teams looking to take cheap shots because of it.

Voltron
08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
broke curfew punched a cop, get real. Pacman, chris henry, thurman all were punished before court dates.
He didn't break curfew from what I understand. They weren't even practicing the next day.

So if you got pepper sprayed and all the sudden someone tried to take you down and you couldn't see who it was you would just let it happen? I would like to hear the facts and not just what someone wrote in the paper.

I am not saying what he did was smart but he owned up to it like a man, he apologized to the City, His coaches, his teammates, and the fans. His apology was not some kind of statement his lawyer shoved in his face and told him to read. He did it right after practice. Go watch the video on BB.com!

camelcowboy
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
He didn't break curfew from what I understand. They weren't even practicing the next day.

So if you got pepper sprayed and all the sudden someone tried to take you down and you couldn't see who it was you would just let it happen? I would like to hear the facts and not just what someone wrote in the paper.

I am not saying what he did was smart but he owned up to it like a man, he apologized to the City, His coaches, his teammates, and the fans. His apology was not some kind of statement his lawyer shoved in his face and told him to read. He did it right after practice. Go watch the video on BB.com!

of course he's going to apologize, so did pacman bottomline is the guilty or innocent argument holds no water here. Im not saying throw him in prison. thats the judicial process. Im saying that any nfl player should be accountable if they are arrested. I don't feel bad for pacman, or vick or any other of the morans that goodell throws his book at. He instituted a conduct policy in the same cba that has allowed these players to be grossly overpaid. Players may receive their money but now they are held accountable for their actions. These players can thank their union for that. Many people can lose their jobs for just a arrest. Now NFL players can be held accountable. Its not hard to stay out of trouble. Night clubs, stripclubs, dogfights are all activities that probally aren't a good idea for many people especially NFL players and their entourage. If the team does it's investigation and they find hargrove innocent fine, if they look into it and find him accountable they can and should punish him or cut him. Despite the fact the outcome hasn't been settled in the courts yet.

DraftBoy
08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I say innocent until proven guilty. You can do searches and see my posts on Vick. I think he is getting a raw deal! The only reason I can understand his suspension is that it is detrimental to the team. Who knows what kind of wacko may show up to camp or games and try and take a pot shot. Not to mention players on other teams looking to take cheap shots because of it.

As long as your consistent more power to ya

patmoran2006
08-08-2007, 08:46 PM

No surprises here

Barring Injuries, you can BOOK THIS...

QB- Of course
RB- Shaud Williams is out and they go with 5, INCLUDING Cieslak
WR- AGreed.
TE- Schouman is going to make the team, and Everett (bustttt) will be out.
OL- I agree with their assessment.. All nine stick.
DL- I think they go with 8, Jefferson sticks as 4th DT, and Fat Anderson will be CUT.
LB- Stamer stays.
DB- I think Wending sticks, and the odd man out is going to be Greer, UNLESS youboty plays really bad.. If thats the case, it may force Wending to the PS.. But my prediction is greer will be left out.

justasportsfan
08-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I think Stamer will make it over Manning or DiGiorgio because he is one of the better ST players.

Stamer over DiG? I told you not to drink the florida water.

Voltron
08-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Stamer over DiG? I told you not to drink the florida water.
Well maybe not Dig but I am just saying that Stamer has been a very good ST player for us and Bobby April does have considerable input on who they keep.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Well maybe not Dig but I am just saying that Stamer has been a very good ST player for us and Bobby April does have considerable input on who they keep.
I saw DiG practicing with the ST coverage team last Monday. I would think they would cut another player from another position before they let Stamer go too.

I would think Wire, Haggan and Stamer would be on the bubble before DiG. DiG is fighting for the starting spot and if he doesn't win, he would be better depth than any of the others. We still don't know how POZ will do on gameday so DiG would be too valuable to let go.Let's not forget that the Lbers are important in stopping the run. What good is the ST if we can't stop the run?

Voltron
08-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Well in reguards to ST I would keep wire over Stamer if it came down to picking between them. But I see your point with Dig.

Dr. Lecter
08-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Barring Injuries, you can BOOK THIS...

QB- Of course
RB- Shaud Williams is out and they go with 5, INCLUDING Cieslak
WR- AGreed.
TE- Schouman is going to make the team, and Everett (bustttt) will be out.
OL- I agree with their assessment.. All nine stick.
DL- I think they go with 8, Jefferson sticks as 4th DT, and Fat Anderson will be CUT.
LB- Stamer stays.
DB- I think Wending sticks, and the odd man out is going to be Greer, UNLESS youboty plays really bad.. If thats the case, it may force Wending to the PS.. But my prediction is greer will be left out.

I think you still have one spot left (cut Williams, Everett, Greer and Timmy Keep Wendling, Schouman and Stamer).

I think Everett makes it. He missed one year as a rookie and sucked last year, but supposedly has shown flashes this year but I have not been there.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I think Everett makes it. He missed one year as a rookie and sucked last year, but supposedly has shown flashes this year but I have not been there.

I haven't heard Shouman doing much at camp to justify cutting Everrett who has been making plays here and there. I have a feeling once Everrett makes his first catch in preseason, he'll be making more deep catches . Whether it's on a consistent basis is another question but the same can be asked of Shouman. Preseason should determine that.

Voltron
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I haven't heard Shouman doing much at camp to justify cutting Everrett who has been making plays here and there. I have a feeling once Everrett makes his first catch in preseason, he'll be making more deep catches . Whether it's on a consistent basis is another question but the same can be asked of Shouman. Preseason should determine that.
from what I understand consistency is the only reason Everrett is on the bubble in the first place.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 10:27 AM
from what I understand consistency is the only reason Everrett is on the bubble in the first place.

He's only had 1 catch last season. Getting open and catching are the first of his problems. He's finally catching at camp.