PDA

View Full Version : Boom! Lynch impressive

Calmatteye
08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Check this article out. Hell yeah!

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070808/APS/708080873

justasportsfan
08-08-2007, 09:09 PM
what's the scoop on Adrian Peterson. Anyone know?

Meathead
08-08-2007, 09:24 PM
why do they make such a big deal out of him as a receiver

tree hunnerd some yards catching against thirteen hunnerd rushing isnt all that impressive. not bad but not a helluva lot above average for a running back and certainly nothing to make him out to be this big receiving threat

i mean the real receiving backs get at least four hunnerd and usually five to six to seven hunnerd yards catching. not saying he cant do it but every summer we hear how this guy and that guy are catching balls in practice and are going to be such a threat out of the backfield then almost universally they end up getting two fitty just like everybody else

i guess im just saying ill believe it when i see it

HHURRICANE
08-08-2007, 10:15 PM
what's the scoop on Adrian Peterson. Anyone know?

I'm waiting for him to be a total bust. I'd love to hear what's up on him. I thought we got the better RB on draft day.

jamesiscool
08-09-2007, 01:26 AM
why do they make such a big deal out of him as a receiver

tree hunnerd some yards catching against thirteen hunnerd rushing isnt all that impressive. not bad but not a helluva lot above average for a running back and certainly nothing to make him out to be this big receiving threat

they only played 11 games. and steve fairchild wasnt cal's OC. fairchild loves to get the ball to the backs coming out of the backfield and the fact that lynch has the skill set to do so is encouragement enough for me to get excited.

Mitchy moo
08-09-2007, 07:09 AM
they only played 11 games. and steve fairchild wasnt cal's OC. fairchild loves to get the ball to the backs coming out of the backfield and the fact that lynch has the skill set to do so is encouragement enough for me to get excited.

That's the ticket.

Tatonka
08-09-2007, 07:33 AM
it is not the number of receiving yards.. it is the type of catches that he has made.. he has shown the ability to make some great catches look routine. he is clearly a natural receiver.

that is why they make a big deal about it.

madness
08-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Marshawn Lynch took the handoff and patiently waited for guard Derrick Dockery to pull across the line and open a hole on the right side.

The instant Lynch saw the hint of an opening, off he went, bursting by the hulking, 6-foot-6 lineman and past the suddenly flat-footed defenders, who were unable to get a hand on him.

"Boom!" Bills veteran defensive tackle Larry Tripplett said Wednesday, recalling the play that occurred during a recent practice. "I haven't seen that kind of explosiveness."

"When he hits that gear, it's amazing," Tripplett added. "If you don't get him in that first initial chance, he may take it to the house."

Running off tackle, Lynch showed great balance when cornerback Jabari Greer hit him from the side. The hit hardly budged Lynch as he bounced off and kept moving forward.

Lynch has made some strong catches, including one on Tuesday when he out-muscled safety Coy Wire in the left corner of the end zone. Leaping high to make the catch, Lynch came down with both feet inbounds and maintained possession as he tumbled to the sideline.

There's no doubt that this guy is going to be exciting to watch.

don137
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
One thing for sure since Marv Levy has come back this team has truly got the most out of its draft picks. There is a reason why under TD the Bills sucked. His drafts sucked for the most part except for 2001. Marv and company has produced some great players and the Bills have a great nucleus.

mysticsoto
08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
One thing for sure since Marv Levy has come back this team has truly got the most out of its draft picks. There is a reason why under TD the Bills sucked. His drafts sucked for the most part except for 2001. Marv and company has produced some great players and the Bills have a great nucleus.

Actually, I would't say TD's drafts sucked - atleast not completely. We got some gems under him...Nate Clements, Jason Peters, JP, Evans, Schobel (I think), etc...What he sucked at the most was picking good Olinemen and picking head coaches that would follow his orders without question.

G. Host
08-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Lynch has made some strong catches, including one on Tuesday when he out-muscled safety Coy Wire in the left corner of the end zone. Leaping high to make the catch, Lynch came down with both feet inbounds and maintained possession as he tumbled to the sideline.

This shows he can and is willing to make the tough catches something Willis was not willing to do but A Train was.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm waiting for him to be a total bust. I'd love to hear what's up on him. I thought we got the better RB on draft day.
I'm even starting to think that Wright might have a better career in the end. Call me biased.

don137
08-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Actually, I would't say TD's drafts sucked - atleast not completely. We got some gems under him...Nate Clements, Jason Peters, JP, Evans, Schobel (I think), etc...What he sucked at the most was picking good Olinemen and picking head coaches that would follow his orders without question.

Other than 2001 I would say his drafts sucked for the most part...Considering he was here 5 or 6 years he better of had a few players that were good but if you compare his drafts to successful teams and you will say his drafts were far inferior to others.
You better be successful with your first and second round picks such as Clements, JP, Evans, Schoebel etc. The mark of a good draft is how many players drafted in the low rounds that are diamonds in the ruff. McGee and Peters (undrafted) are one of the few low round success stories. That is not enough to field a good team.
Yes, his choices in coaches was his biggest flaw.

Meathead
08-09-2007, 11:43 AM
it is not the number of receiving yards.. it is the type of catches that he has made.. he has shown the ability to make some great catches look routine. he is clearly a natural receiver.
thats a valid point and i was thinking about that. i didnt see a lot of his games but i know they split him wide sometimes which indicates they had confidence in his route running and hands

but again ive seen too many times where preseason touts a guy going to catch balls and it never happens. i want him to be the next thurmal/priest/marshall/westbrook instead of mcgayhee/davis/lewis/dillon as much as anybody so ill be keeping my fingers crossed it really comes to pass

PECKERWOOD
08-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Beer, chili, and chips and some good old fashioned Bills football! Boy I can't wait till tomorrow.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 01:26 PM
thats a valid point and i was thinking about that. i didnt see a lot of his games but i know they split him wide sometimes which indicates they had confidence in his route running and hands

but again ive seen too many times where preseason touts a guy going to catch balls and it never happens. i want him to be the next thurmal/priest/marshall/westbrook instead of mcgayhee/davis/lewis/dillon as much as anybody so ill be keeping my fingers crossed it really comes to pass
it's not the yards. It the no of catches that results in a first down that matters most which would give teams headaches in the short game . Willis hardly even help us with 5 yards out.

If he only turns out to be Larry centers , he's already gonna make JP better. I do however think he's gonna be a whole lot better than Centers after the catch.