PDA

View Full Version : Bills rookie Wright has the power, speed

mysticsoto
08-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I have to say that I agree with this. Besides Lynch and Evans, I thought Wright was one of the most impressive players on the field!!!

Bills rookie Wright has the power, speed
Running back also has finesse moves

There is an old saying that is often repeated by NFL scouts and personnel men: "The tape never lies."

Two weeks into the Buffalo Bills' training camp at St. John Fisher College, it appears that the tape didn't lie about rookie running back Dwayne Wright, but it didn't tell the whole story, either.

"He's a big, powerful guy who can run," Bills' running backs coach Eric Studesville said the other day. "You look at him, at 230 pounds, you think he's kind of a thumper, an inside-the-tackle guy, and that's what I thought after watching him on tape. But he's come out here and he's good in space. He can move a lot better than I had anticipated.

"We thought he would be more of a physical runner, a downhill, punishing runner, but now we see the other things that he can do."

Wright was known as a power runner in college at Fresno State because the Bulldogs utilized a power-running inside style, and that's what attracted the Bills to him. After picking Marshawn Lynch in the first round, they were looking for another back who would give the opposing defense a different look, a guy who could move the pile and convert short-yardage third downs.

At least that was the plan. It turns out that Wright is nearly as fast and shifty as Lynch, and he has shown an ability to catch the ball, something that set Lynch apart from any other back in the draft.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/SPORTS03/708090356/1007/SPORTS

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 09:30 AM
let the rb controversy begin!!!!!!!!

Awsome problem to have. I'm tellin ya , from A-Train to Wright any of them could be a starter and we'd be fine if we were to base it from camp performance . We were so worried going into the draft. Now we're stacked. Even Fred Jackson has been looking good at camp.

G. Host
08-09-2007, 09:30 AM
"I'm allergic to tomatoes and avocados, and somehow I must have had something in my food and I had a reaction," explained Wright.

Imagine that - someone from California alergic to tomatoes and avocados. Must have been hard for sometimes in California they were adding dried tomatoes and avocados in oddest things.

G. Host
08-09-2007, 09:31 AM
let the rb controversy begin!!!!!!!!

Awsome problem to have. I'm tellin ya , from A-Train to Wright any of them could be a starter and we'd be fine if we were to base it from camp performance . We were so worried going into the draft. Now we're stacked. Even Fred Jackson has been looking good at camp.

The Bills just need to wait until someone goes down and they are in the canary's seat regarding trades.

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 09:38 AM
The Bills just need to wait until someone goes down and they are in the canary's seat regarding trades.

Fred Jackson for Pat Williams.

patmoran2006
08-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I dont think he'll play much at all with A-Train still in the mix.

But come 2008 we're gonna have a nasty 1-2 punch back there, that's for sure.

Its been a very long time since I felt better about Buffalo's running game. Now if we can get Evans a legit #2 partner next offseason this offense is going to be amazing

mysticsoto
08-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Fred Jackson for Pat Williams.

I hope we keep all 4...Lynch, Wright, A-Train, Jackson.

Trade Shaud Williams for PW...or Josh Scobey...or both!

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I hope we keep all 4...Lynch, Wright, A-Train, Jackson.

Trade Shaud Williams for PW...or Josh Scobey...or both!

Damn we're stacked.

Devin
08-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Who needs Michael Turner, we just drafted our own version!

madness
08-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Damn we're stacked.

I know, anybody who thinks we're not going to make a solid commitment to the running game is out of their mind.

Patrick76777
08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I know, anybody who thinks we're not going to make a solid commitment to the running game is out of their mind.
And as usually the case, from October 21 to the end of the season 9 of our last 11 games could be played in foul weather. Weather in which we’ll unleash Dockery and Peters and just run all of these guys behind them.

W7 – Buffalo
W8 – NY
W9 – Buffalo
W11 – Buffalo
W13 – Washington
W14 – Buffalo
W15 – Cleveland
W16 – Buffalo
W17 – Philadelphia

The last 5 games, all in December could all be nasty. Run all day!

justasportsfan
08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
it did sound good at the time though but it made more sense that Marv wanted a thurman and Fairchild wanted his Jackson. both rbs that can catch. Got it in Lynch and seems like Wright too! Bonus!

PECKERWOOD
08-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Idiots were asking for a 1st rounder.. What a buncha dicks anyways.