PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ditching the new logo already?

Iehoshua
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
My friend (who is a Devils fan but also a Yankees fan so I grant some redemption) somehow found this pic and read that the logo is to be scrapped in favor of the photo below...?

*edit*
see post below

Fake?

I hope so. I love my new logo!
:gosabres:

BADTHINGSMAN
08-09-2007, 06:51 PM
My friend (who is a Devils fan but also a Yankees fan so I grant some redemption) somehow found this pic and read that the logo is to be scrapped in favor of the photo below...?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RrUIfdB0YiI/AAAAAAAAA9g/DRQBBvXK6Ls/s1600/sabresconfidentialphoto.jpg

Fake?

I hope so. I love my new logo!

:x:

Dr. Lecter
08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I dunno. A Red-X does not make for a good logo.

Iehoshua
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
sry:

shelby
08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
i can't see them dumping the slug-alo after only one season.

SabreEleven
08-09-2007, 07:12 PM
If and only if, they change to a new logo, we will lead the league in jersey sales again.

SabreEleven
08-09-2007, 07:13 PM
i can't see them dumping the slug-alo after only one season.

I can because the slug-alo blows donkey nuts. How long did the Gordon Fisherman jersey's last? But of course they'll need league permission.

It could be for next season.

Dude
08-09-2007, 07:18 PM
I saw this posted a couple days ago on another Buffalo site. I don't believe it's true.

Dude
08-09-2007, 07:27 PM
here go here http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/search/label/new%20logos (scroll down you'll see the same picture) also this is a good place to check out new logos and fan concepts of jerseys for teams and logos.And that backs up what I posted.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
UPDATE (8/5 6:16 PM): We need to ease off on all the confusion here. I'm reading in some places things that would make English teachers everywhere sit down on the floor and cry. If only people would read.

The image featured in this post, as was stated, is just for fun. But to clear things up, I wanted to add the screen grab in the comments to the actual post as an update. As you can see, there's a very clever watermark in the image proving its lack of authenticity as far as that goes. I'm trying not to spread rumors here, but the trick is reading what gets posted along with the pictures.

RockStar36
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
That looks like the logo that was created about 5 years ago by a fan and never came about. I highly doubt this is true.

CuseJetsFan83
08-09-2007, 07:47 PM
i think in the future i could see the sabres switching to that...... but for the time being were stuck with the slug.......

although the islander debacle years ago comes to mind... there's always hope ;-)

anywho...... im just excited for the upcoming hockey and football season... :-)

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-09-2007, 07:52 PM
That looks like the logo that was created about 5 years ago by a fan and never came about. I highly doubt this is true.

and B I N G O (they're John Slabek's design :rolleyes:)

http://www.newblueandgold.com/

RockStar36
08-09-2007, 08:05 PM
i think in the future i could see the sabres switching to that...... but for the time being were stuck with the slug.......

although the islander debacle years ago comes to mind... there's always hope ;-)

anywho...... im just excited for the upcoming hockey and football season... :-)

I think there is a difference between the Sabres and the Islanders.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there one person on the planet that liked the Islanders logo?

Contrary to popular belief, the new Sabres logo is well liked by a good portion of fans. It's just the fans that don't like it scream and cry about it every chance they get while the fans who do like it shut up for the most part.

CuseJetsFan83
08-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I think there is a difference between the Sabres and the Islanders.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there one person on the planet that liked the Islanders logo?

Contrary to popular belief, the new Sabres logo is well liked by a good portion of fans. It's just the fans that don't like it scream and cry about it every chance they get while the fans who do like it shut up for the most part.

im just saying, its not like its never happened that a logo was changed.....

honestly im not completely in love with the sabres logo, but i do like it.......

the gortons fisherman was just silly

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Please, Larry Quinn's ego won't allow the team to change the logo.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I can because the slug-alo blows donkey nuts. How long did the Gordon Fisherman jersey's last? But of course they'll need league permission.

It could be for next season.

I remember hearing this last season when the Sabres unveiled the new uniforms. The NHL has put in a rule that teams can't change their jerseys for 3 years because of so many teams changing their uniforms it was like every year teams were changing their jerseys or logo.

Michael82
08-09-2007, 10:37 PM
maybe not this year, but I can see them eventually scrapping the piece of **** slug and going to something like that.

Philagape
08-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I dunno. A Red-X does not make for a good logo.

I prefer a red X to a yellow slug

OpIv37
08-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I'd prefer that logo to the slug but it ain't happening. It would be a huge slap in the face to fans who spent a fortune on slug merch last year.

BlackMetalNinja
08-10-2007, 08:55 AM
I'd prefer that logo to the slug but it ain't happening. It would be a huge slap in the face to fans who spent a fortune on slug merch last year.

Yeah, I amassed quite the collection last year, I'd be pissed if they took away the best logo in the NHL!!!

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
These are the logos we saw back before the new ones were actually released...

RockStar36
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I amassed quite the collection last year, I'd be pissed if they took away the best logo in the NHL!!!

They won't.

This rumor was started by the crybaby whiners who don't like the logo.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE.

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I prefer to call them crybaby *****es Dev!

ddaryl
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
they just had an awesome year in paraphinallia sales. they ain't switchin.

the slug stays for at least 6-7 years.

JD
08-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Those logos suck. The Buffalo is too small, the sabres look more like scissors.

wtf is wrong with the old school logo?!?!?! i bleed old school *****es, end of story.

Michael82
08-11-2007, 04:01 PM
they just had an awesome year in paraphinallia sales. they ain't switchin.

the slug stays for at least 6-7 years.
6-7 years!?!? :rofl:

No way! I think they will switch in a couple more years.

Meathead
08-12-2007, 01:37 AM
sure the slug is ugly but you know it has some appeal now

its like the chubby little ******ed kid with the big eyes and acne and inability to pronounce hard consonants, theres just something adorable about his hideousness

SabreEleven
08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
sure the slug is ugly but you know it has some appeal now

its like the chubby little ******ed kid with the big eyes and acne and inability to pronounce hard consonants, theres just something adorable about his hideousness

These kids are only adorable for so long. Even Kini quit her job.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-12-2007, 12:32 PM
found this on Chris Creamer's sports logos forums,

The Sabres will be darkening the blue on their b&g 1970's jerseys (the third jerseys) to match the home jersey & shorts. Makes sense since Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn said this in his press conference when the new logo was leaked and fix the logo.com petition site was made before they unveiled the new uni's. All third jerseys are supposed to return to the NHL in 2008-09 season that's what the NHL is telling us.

Meathead
08-12-2007, 01:39 PM
i didnt know kini was working with logo designers

chernobylwraiths
08-12-2007, 02:43 PM

Since when do they care about slapping fans in the face? I thought the slug itself was a big slap in the face.

SabreEleven
08-12-2007, 04:08 PM
i didnt know kini was working with logo designers
Only the ones working on the slug.

OpIv37
08-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Since when do they care about slapping fans in the face? I thought the slug itself was a big slap in the face.

not to mention the off-season...

Michael82
08-12-2007, 05:00 PM
:bf1: