• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Rookies to watch in the preseason

Rookies to watch in the preseason

Buffalo running back Marshawn Lynch-- Pencil him in as Buffalo's opening-day starter. The 12th overall pick in the draft, Lynch has made Buffalo forget that Willis McGahee played there. Lynch is quick, elusive and, like Buffalo's Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas, can be as much of a weapon in the passing game. Of all the rookies, running backs have the best chance to make the most immediate impact. Mark down Lynch as the early-season favorite to win the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Go Marshawn!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Rookies to watch in the preseason

the hype on this guy is making me nervous.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Too bad Willis McGahee won't let us forget he played here...

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        the hype on this guy is making me nervous.
        Not so much for me. Wright is creating his own hype also which is a good problem to have.

Besides, all the hype in world means nothing until these guys prove it on the field.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by madness
          Not so much for me. Wright is creating his own hype also which is a good problem to have.

Besides, all the hype in world means nothing until these guys prove it on the field.
          Has Wright been that good? I haven't heard much.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I will say this. Lynch doesn't act or look like a rookie. He looks like he's already been there. It's been a long time since I've seen a player look like this.

Even Evans looked like he was going to "piss his pants" in his rookie camp. Poz looks the same way. Lynch has a totally different demeanor around him. He's had me forget that he's a rooke a couple of times. Almost like he showed up on the same bus with Dockery and Walker.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

that's the problem- the hype creates additional pressure on them, and it also makes opposing D's more aware.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Has Wright been that good? I haven't heard much.

"He's a big, powerful guy who can run," Bills' running backs coach Eric Studesville said the other day. "You look at him, at 230 pounds, you think he's kind of a thumper, an inside-the-tackle guy, and that's what I thought after watching him on tape. But he's come out here and he's good in space. He can move a lot better than I had anticipated.
                "We thought he would be more of a physical runner, a downhill, punishing runner, but now we see the other things that he can do."

Wright was known as a power runner in college at Fresno State because the Bulldogs utilized a power-running inside style, and that's what attracted the Bills to him. After picking Marshawn Lynch in the first round, they were looking for another back who would give the opposing defense a different look, a guy who could move the pile and convert short-yardage third downs. At least that was the plan. It turns out that Wright is nearly as fast and shifty as Lynch, and he has shown an ability to catch the ball, something that set Lynch apart from any other back in the draft.

I can't find the article but Lynch has also said that Wright can do almost everything that he can on the football field. It's going to be real interesting to watch the guy run. It's been said that back in college he can see the cutback lanes practically before they open.

Comment

• Pride
                  • Jul 2002

I am perfectly happy with the hype. Teams know what they get with JP and Evans... so rather than bullrush every down trying to stop the JP and Lee show, maybe, just maybe they'll respect our rush... unlike what has happened in the past.

Teams putting 8 in the box to respect and stop Lynch, can only help JP and Lee on big plays.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                    • Sep 2004

How many yards do you think Lynch gets?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

that's the problem- the hype creates additional pressure on them, and it also makes opposing D's more aware.
                      good ... and if they succeed under those circumstances, we've got ourselves our 1-2 punch for years to come.

Say it with me OP.... SB here we come!!!!!!!
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Only truely great players can handle this kind of pressure. If they can't handle it they are not cut out for professional sports imho...
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

Wright looked great the day I went to camp.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...56/1007/SPORTS

I can't find the article but Lynch has also said that Wright can do almost everything that he can on the football field. It's going to be real interesting to watch the guy run. It's been said that back in college he can see the cutback lanes practically before they open.
                            Awesome.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

Wright can't be good, he was only a 4th round pick.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X