NFL will give referees same HD look as fans at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

NFL will give referees same HD look as fans at home

Full Article:

So the league this season is switching to high definition technology for its officials to use to review plays on the field.

All the fans who ever grumbled that they could do a better job than NFL referees -- well, maybe they were right.AP Photo/Paul Sancya
    Referee Bill Leavy peers into the replay screen during Super Bowl XL. This year, refs will have HD technology at their disposal for reviews.

Or at least some of them had better equipment with which to make instant replay decisions.
    So the league this season is switching to high definition technology for its officials to use to review plays on the field.
    "As more people were getting high definition TV at home, they actually had a better view than the referee charged with making the decision," said Dean Blandino, the NFL's director of instant replay. "That could've bit us in the rear if we continued that."
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: NFL will give referees same HD look as fans at home

is this for everyone or only games broadcast in HD? Because if it's not for all games, it's yet another way that Buffalo gets screwed since so few of our games are in HD.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      • May 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      is this for everyone or only games broadcast in HD? Because if it's not for all games, it's yet another way that Buffalo gets screwed since so few of our games are in HD.
      Did you read the article???

All but 3 stadiums will have HD replays for the officials to view. Giants Stadium, Indy, and Dallas are the only exceptions because they're all getting new stadiums soon and don't want to upgrade the necessary technology until then.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

which begs the next question: if they have HD in every stadium, WHY DON'T THEY ****ING BROADCAST THE ****ING GAMES IN ****ING HD??? IT'S ****ING 2007 ALREADY.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          • May 2005

which begs the next question: if they have HD in every stadium, WHY DON'T THEY ****ING BROADCAST THE ****ING GAMES IN ****ING HD??? IT'S ****ING 2007 ALREADY.
          Because those are the stadiums cameras and equipment, not the companies broadcasting the game. Blame CBS as usual. I'm hoping it'll be a littler better this year, but I guess it doesn't much matter to me anyways since the Bills are never on down here unless it's nationally televised, in which case it'll be HD anyways. Though it would still be nice to watch other games I'm home for in HD if possible too...

Comment

• Wraith
            • Mar 2003

Supposedly, 96% of ALL NFL games this year will be in HD, so it looks like even the Bills will be in HD more often than not.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wraith
              Supposedly, 96% of ALL NFL games this year will be in HD, so it looks like even the Bills will be in HD more often than not.
              and of those 4% of non-HD games, all of them will be the Bills.

Just out of curiosity, where did you find that number? I heard CBS had an extra HD crew and they will have 100% HD coverage by 2009, but that was it.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                • May 2005

Just out of curiosity, where did you find that number? I heard CBS had an extra HD crew and they will have 100% HD coverage by 2009, but that was it.
                See the other thread I just started

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

I don't ***** about refs calls. Most of them are called the right way, it's just that we fans let our emotions get in the way.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                    I don't ***** about refs calls. Most of them are called the right way, it's just that we fans let our emotions get in the way.
                    that's not true at all. The refs make tons of mistakes, and while you can always say "it wouldn't have mattered if the team had played better", it's frustrating as hell to play close enough to win only to be thwarted by a bad call or two.

I will go to my grave believing that we got screwed in the Music City Mirage game, and it wasn't just the throwback play. Right before halftime (under 2 min), the Bills were not granted a replay on a pass ruled incomplete, but a few plays later the Titans WERE granted a replay on an incomplete pass and it was overturned. Tennessee scored before the half and those points would have made the throwback irrelevant.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wraith
                      • Mar 2003

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

All they need to do now is fix those horrendous replay rules.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

Dude shutup op we all want it in HD but *****ing wont fix anything CBS will do what they want and they dont care about some *****ing viewer who is getting it for free

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                            Dude shutup op we all want it in HD but *****ing wont fix anything CBS will do what they want and they dont care about some *****ing viewer who is getting it for free
                            It pisses me off so I'm gonna ***** about it. If you don't like it, don't read my posts. BTW, define "free". I paid a lot of money for an HD set, I paid a lot of money for a DirecTV receiver, I pay extra for HD service, I pay for Sunday Ticket and I pay for Superfan. So I'm not getting **** for free and I should be getting what I'm paying for.

I don't live in Buffalo- I can't just turn on a TV and watch the Bills. It actually costs me money just to watch the team on TV.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bling
                              • Jul 2004

I remember CBS always saying "These guys are broadcasted in HD" for the Dolphin games. They don't broadcast Bills games in HD, Op?

Comment

Working...
                              X