Sam Adams
Height: 6-3
Weight: 330
Born: 06/13/1973

Pat Williams
Height: 6-3
Weight: 315
Born: 10/24/1972

just so i dont have to see this one more damn time, i wanted to get a couple things cleared up for all of you..

1. Sam Adams is 29 RIGHT NOW.. he will be 30 in JUNE... Pat Williams is 30 RIGHT NOW.. he will be 31 in OCTOBER... assuming everyone is still with me, these dates point to the fact that Williams is OLDER than Adams... older by about 8 months.

2. Sam Adams is listed at 330 pounds. Pat Williams is listed at 315 pounds. They are both the same height. 330 pounds is 15 pounds heavier than 315 pounds, and both weights are probably off by about 20 pounds... but lets get to the point.. THEY ARE BOTH FAT ASSES!... pat calling sam fat would be like.. hmmm .. well you got the point.

i just wanted to clear these things up for you guys.. so that next time you call sam fat and old.. you will realize that our best player on the defensive line is just as fat and even older.

this is not an endorsement for sam adams.. this is to clear up misinformation that i am sick of reading when people are looking for a reason to bash sam adams

Aero II
03-20-2003, 09:04 AM
Sam is fat, Pat is big boned.
:jk:

Buffarama
03-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Neither one is 315 or 330 :)
Matters not, they are there to stop the run. I imagine the rest of the AFC East would hate to see these two in the middle with Spikes behind them.

Earthquake Enyart
03-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Pat is zuftig. Sam is obese.

I did not know that Sam was younger though.

TedMock
03-20-2003, 09:24 AM
I disagreed with some of what Tatonka was saying yesterday but I do side with him as far as wishing Adams would've been signed and that the whole "fat ass" thing is a silly argument. You just don't see too many slender DT's out there.

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2003, 09:28 AM
You are right Tatonka. My point was that I was just glad TD didn't give Adams an outragous contract. Who knows he still might accept the offer anyways!

The Spaz
03-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Tatonka I at least am not talking about age it is production! I am going to get off this with you because obviously you don't want to here my out on this and already have your opinions made. Go Bills!

WG
03-20-2003, 09:38 AM
"Zuftig"

LMAO EE!!

"Slender", as well TM!

Adams is as slob who was ranked 15th in tackles last year for the Raiders while posting no other significant stats or big plays. He's finished or very close to it as a top tier DT.

PW may be close as well, but he's signed and on our team. Thus the urgency that I've was talking about as early as last year. If we didn't get a DT, then PW will soon be washed up too.

The BIG difference between PW and SA, PW is still puttin' up decent numbers. IMO PW is better. He's worth a turd if it isn't a running play. Adams isn't!

Williams was 4th on the Bills in tackles w/ nearly 5 times as many as Adams and he doesn't have the wear and tear that Adams' body has by a long shot! He also contributed in many other ways and as I just said and have been saying, he's got value as a pass rusher too. Adams is a one-man blocking sled!

WG
03-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Not to mention that as of late Pat has been FAR more durable than Adams.

WG
03-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Not to mention, our DTs have been so bad that we don't even need outstanding, just better than average for the position will be a HUGE upgrade.

colin
03-20-2003, 09:49 AM
BIG PAT is always up in there, causing havoc, he is also a really good Bill.

Sam would be the big plug this teams needs, but Pat is the man.

Buffarama
03-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Ask yourselves who else is there? You're not going to get a rookie to come in and play like a 2-3 year pro. So what do you do, blow off another season to save a half million dollars?
I think the Bills can and will find a way to get Adams economically, and that it will benefit the team.
Like I said before though, they have met him, talked to him examined him, none of us have. So whatever they do, I will trust and abide by it.
The fact that they made him an offer says they would like to have him. The fact it isn't worth 5 million says they think he's not worth that much.
He wants to be here, we want him to be here, it can get done. If he was just a fatass he would never have been tendered a contract in the first place. What do you guys want from a DT? There are only so many +300LB freaks with <10% body fat in the human race.

don137
03-20-2003, 10:13 AM
Sam Adams is younger based on the calendar but not in football years. What I mean by this is Sam Adams has a lot more wear and tear on him because he has been a NFL starter a lot longer than Pat. Pat didn't start until 4-5 years ago where Adams has been starting for a lot longer.

Tatonka
03-20-2003, 10:20 AM
like i said, this was not ment as an endorsement.. i can not tell you that sam's stats warrant a big contract..

i had an exorcism performed yesterday and sam adams has left my body.

i am not saying that everyone is saying he is old or fat.. but alot were.. and that just annoys me, because people are making uninformed judgements.

pat could very well be due to drop off in production this year.. or he could very well be a solid contributor till he is 35 like mglocklin. none of us know.. pat has also had some injury issues with his ankles. like ted did. that type of stuff is common for a 350 pound man, let alone one who plays pro ball.

if sam comes here, great... i think we would be set.. but i am pretty convinced that with the way ralph butted in, and said that is it, no more money, he wont be a player here if .. blah blah.. i dont think sam will swallow his pride.. i think he may end up signing for even less money as opposed to coming back here..

who knows how he would have played here this year. he obviously had a bad year last year.. that was one year imho.. he was out of shape and most likely he knew he was gone at years end.. the whole team played bad in the superbowl.. not just adams..

he has some issues with his knee too.. he was on the injury sheet all year last year.. but so was gardner.. hopefully he will get better. none of us know the extent of the damages.

i will say i appreciate the fact that he came here for 2 weeks and tried to wait and get a deal worked out.. i feel like he wanted to be here, but it is not gonna happen now.. and he kind of screwed himself to be here and not interview with others.. he tried to show loyalty in a FA market.. and you cant do it.. i will say this.. if i was a NFL player, i would be smart enough to realize the money runs out.. get it while you can.. and all the nfl players realize this too.. some of them are just better at PR or keeping their mouths shut than sam.. he calls it like he sees it i guess.

thanks for the effort sam, alot of us appreciated it.

colin
03-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Would it kill you jerks to mix in a BIG PAT, hasn't he earned a nickname?!?!?!?!

Tatonka
03-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by don137
Sam Adams is younger based on the calendar but not in football years. What I mean by this is Sam Adams has a lot more wear and tear on him because he has been a NFL starter a lot longer than Pat. Pat didn't start until 4-5 years ago where Adams has been starting for a lot longer.

is that like dog years?:pir: