• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Is Vince Young overhyped this year?

Look, Vince Young was absolutely spectacular at Texas, particularly winning that Rose Bowl game. And I'll give him credit that for a rookie, he posted a good record as a starter on a crappy team. Vince Young is a winner, no question.

But this is the NFL, and if you don't have the whole cast, your team is not going to make it through a 16 game season and the playoffs.

All I hear and read is Vince Young this, Vince Young that, Vince Young will be a good fantasy football starter, Vince Young was in the Pro Bowl last year, Vince Young is going to be a perennial Pro Bowler, Vince Young is on the cover of Madden this year, etc. They're treating this guy like he's a 10 year veteran with a big NFL track record, and he doesn't have that.

Isn't it too early to say all of these things? Again, the guy was on an 8-8 team, posted very mediocre stats (albet he was a rookie), but was starting when the team went 8-5, and he was big trouble to Buffalo when we played him. But isn't it too early to knight him the second coming? He hasn't put up big passing numbers, and more importantly, he doesn't have the supporting cast around him.

I just think a lot of "experts" are getting way ahead of themselves and we might see a bit of a letdown season from Vince Young this year.

Jon
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is Vince Young overhyped this year?

He'll have no Travis Henry to rely on and the defense got weaker. I think it'll be a long year for Young.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Definitely overhyped

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Vince Young is the real deal.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

Time will tell EE

Comment

• Jaybird
            • Dec 2005

Vince Young is the man. He doesn have enoug players around him for that team to make the playoff, but he could win 7-9 games himself. I dont know many other players in the nfl that can do that.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Vince Young is the next Michael Vick. The media found their guy to slobber all over and suck him off. The fact that he made the Pro Bowl last year over other guys who did even better just pisses me off! i can't wait to see the Madden curse get to him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

I think he is a tremendous athlete. He's yet to prove he's a tremendous QB. Last I looked QBs are supposed to complete passes. He hasn't done that yet.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

Hope he can overcome his terrible injury. Sorry but that Madden curse kicks ass.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

most overhyped nfl player in the last decade

barely fitty percent completions, more ints than tds, and he makes the probowl. unreal overhyped

name the last running qb to a.) stay healthy and b.) win consistently. it just doesnt happen. most every one gets injured and cant run any more and struggle to be a conventional passer. vick is the only one to not get his wheels busted up in the last decade or two but still cant pass his team to winning

massively overhyped
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

i think meathead is overhyped

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

I don't know what it is about Bills fans, but they all hate Vince Young. Why do you guys hate him so much? The guy is the real deal. I don't see you guys going off about how overrated Reggie Bush is. Nor Calvin Johnson. They're as overrated as Young. What ticks you guys off about Young? He's a winner. Simple. Rose Bowl game was amazing, and that winning record as a rookie was almost as impressive. Didn't he beat you guys in the last minutes? He threw for 65% of his passes and 2 TDs 0 INTs, while Losman threw for 57% 1 TD and 2 INTs. I understand you guys having hatred for TO, Ted Ginn Jr, but why Vince Young?

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

Was never a big fan of him but he showed me something last year...i think he is Overhyped right now in his career but i feel he will be a good QB in this league

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                            Was never a big fan of him but he showed me something last year...i think he is Overhyped right now in his career but i feel he will be a good QB in this league
                            Exactly. Unlike Mike Vick, he friggin' wins. I think he can bring his passing closer to 57%, but he's not going to win with stats. He's going to win on being clutch and a dual threat and being football smart.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                              Exactly. Unlike Mike Vick, he friggin' wins. I think he can bring his passing closer to 57%, but he's not going to win with stats. He's going to win on being clutch and a dual threat and being football smart.

Vince Young is Ron Mexico redux.

Pacman won more games than that box of rocks.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X