PDA

View Full Version : Ho Hum

RedEyE
08-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I pray that what we saw from the starting team isn't a prelude of things to come. I know that the Saints already have one game under thier belts and an extra week of practice, but man, they certainly seem like they did their homework on the Bills.

TEAM 1

Positives:
Special Teams - April has this group ready for September already.
Losman - Seemed a bit twitchy in the pocket and could stand to stretch the line just a bit more because I think there is time there that he just didn't feel 100% tonight. Other then that, he did what was asked of him and shined overall.
Reed - He might be the slot receiver this team greatly needs. My only worry is his stature stifles his ability to gain yards after the catch.

Negatives:
DiGiorgio - This guy was out of position more times then a 17 year old virgin on a 40 year old whore. I hope Poz moves up quicker than he has.
Webster - He's just not playing the zone correctly and is inching to high on the line of scrimmage. The gap between him and the safety was greater than 18 yards at one point. Small adjustments here could help greatly but someone tell me again why we won't be missing Clements.
D-Line - Is this any suprise? They were moved off the line 90% of the snaps and over pursuing when in the backfield. I don't have a good feeling about this front.

Watching Team 2 now.

RedEyE
08-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Nall has showed a bit of composure that really suprises me.

You can't ignore Parish's quickness. This guy can light it up in this league and I look forward to seeing him hooking up with Losman again this season.

Shaud Williams is making a statement for himself and I think it will be hard for this team to even think about cutting him. His experience shows and he can move the chains with this squad and he is a versatile player that Jauron and Levy get a hard on for.

The LBs look better all the way around.They look settled and focused. I like Wire 50 x better at linebacker than safety. He's just better suited for the position. Pos has a natural ability that DiGorgio doesn't have. Poz just provided proof that he's ready for the starting job.

The secondary is still lacking and the DL (though better) still lacks luster.

ZacGriffi~82
08-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Honestly I didn't think the D-Line looked that bad.

You did forget to mention that Leonhard played horrible and that we REALLY need Whitner.

Scumbag College
08-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I pray that what we saw from the starting team a prelude of things to come. I know that the Saints already have one game under the belts and an extra week of practice, but man, they certainly seem like they did their homework on the Bills.

TEAM 1

Positives:
Special Teams - April has this group ready for September already.
Losman - Seemed a bit twitchy in the pocket and could stand to stretch the line just a bit more because I think there is time there that he just didn't feel 100% tonight. Other then that, he did what was asked of him and shined overall.
Reed - He might be the slot receiver this team greatly needs. My only worry is his stature stifles his ability to gain yards after the catch.

Negatives:
DiGiorgio - This guy was out of position more times then a 17 year old virgin on a 40 year old whore. I hope Poz moves up quicker than he has.
Webster - He's just not playing the zone correctly and is inching to high on the line of scrimmage. The gap between him and the safety was greater than 18 yards at one point. Small adjustments here could help greatly but someone tell me again why we won't be missing Clements.
D-Line - Is this any suprise? They were moved off the line 90% of the snaps and over pursuing when in the backfield. I don't have a good feeling about this front.

Watching Team 2 now.

Agreed.

Additions to the positives:

First Team O Line Pass protection- Picked up the blitzes pretty well.
Parrish-If the Bills aren't going to use TEs, put 4 WR out there. Reed and Parrish looked really good out there, and will cause matchup problems.
DEs Powell and Hargrove- The only two getting in there and even getting a whiff of the QB.
Nall-Might be a solid backup QB if JP goes down for any length of time.
Poz-Around the ball early and often, will overtake DiGiorgio by the 3rd preseason game at starting MLB.

Addition to the negatives:

TEs-Nonexistant again, as usual.

Wys Guy
08-10-2007, 08:36 PM
This guy was out of position more times then a 17 year old virgin on a 40 year old whore.
ROFLMAO!!!

Goobylal
08-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Look at how bad the Saints looked LAST weekend, in THEIR first pre-season game. Wait to worry when it's the 3rd pre-season game.

Oh yeah, and Schobel, Whitner, and Poz didn't start.

SquishDaFish
08-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Agreed Goobylal

RedEyE
08-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Look at how bad the Saints looked LAST weekend, in THEIR first pre-season game. Wait to worry when it's the 3rd pre-season game.

Oh yeah, and Schobel, Whitner, and Poz didn't start.

Who's worried?

RedEyE
08-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Good for Trent Edwards!! Nice drive.

I hope that tackle by Youboty gives him the confidence that he seems to need.

Goobylal
08-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Who's worried?
I wasn't necessarily responding to you.

RedEyE
08-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I wasn't necessarily responding to you.

It's cool.

Poz is going to be something special isn't he? You can just see greatness in him every time he makes a play. I'm psyched about this kid.

Goobylal
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Yep. I think that JD has some promise as well and will be a good backup/3rd down pass guy as some have suggested.

RedEyE
08-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Have to give coaching some props as well. 1 penalty in 4 quarters of football on the first preseason game shows a certain amout of decipline that only a good coach can instill in his team. Good job!

Ironically enough that one penalty was against Jason Peters, for holding, on a pass play that looked as if the defender got there pretty stinking early.

Goobylal
08-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Have to give coaching some props as well. 1 penalty in 3 and 1/2 quarters of football on the first preseason game shows a certain amout of decipline that only a good coach can instill in his team. Good job!

Ironically enough that one penalty was against Jason Peters, for holding, on a pass play that looked as if the defender got there pretty stinking early.
I thought it was PI myself. But it also appeared that Jason false started.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Shaud Williams is making a statement for himself and I think it will be hard for this team to even think about cutting him. His experience shows and he can move the chains with this squad and he is a versatile player that Jauron and Levy get a hard on for.

I agreed with everything except for this. You do know which number Shaud is?

He looked like crap. I'm pretty convinced he's the odd man out.