• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Some Preseason Game 1 Observations...

1. Poz was a beast, 9 tackles and 1 monster sack, very impressed with him and whatever DiGeorgio showed to unseat him he didn't show a blink of it at all in the game tonight. I think his time as a starter is done.

2. Our pass D was burned time and time again, notibly Webster. He was out of positon so many times its not even funny. There were bigger holes in our zone defense than the hole in McGahee's head.

3. We had some nice run stuffs, nice to see that occasionally happening but...

4. Our D line continually got knocked off the ball. I seriously do not see us stopping ANY 4th and 1's.

5. Our D is constantly overpersuing, and this is a problem that occured last year also, something needs to be adjusted there..overpersuit creates the giant running lanes that you saw NO running through all night.

6. Our tackling was horrid at times, they need to work on wrapping up, we had a hard time wrapping up even Palko a few times, a lot of whiffs and misses. Sometimes it looked like the guy on offense was jumping through hoops that were our D's arms.

7. our guys were very fast and you saw people flying to the ball constantly...this is a stretch but our run D might not be as big of a problem as our pass D could be at this point.

8. Greer looked better than Webster!!!!

9. Lynch didn't show too much.

10. Our starting rush blocking didn't look too good, weren't opening any big holes. Our backup Oline though made some good moves.

11. Jackson looked pretty bad ass, and Wright was powering through and pushing the pile continuously. Even Shaud looked pretty decent too. Going to be a rough choice as to who is going to be kept on the roster.

12. Our backup safties weren't very good, they got beat continously too.

13. Overall I liked the play of our LB's, they usually didnt let runners get to the next level.

14. Edwards looked pretty good, got rid of the ball fast and has a nice short game.

15. JP looked flustered, don't like to see him running like crazy right off the bat on his first preseason game.

16. Our special teams is going to be number 1 in the league again, even "No Foot" Lindell blasted a 53 yd FG...and Moorman is looking to go back to Hawaii. Sam Aiken is a ST stud.

17. Our CB and DT's are our teams weakest point, period.

18. We played a VERY diciplined game, only 1 penalty, very good coaching on that front.

19. Hey, we won. Hopefully we can build off this game and fix things and if what Webster has shown tonight is the extent of how he's going to play, I'd say bye bye to him and let Greer go for it.

20. It was a primetime Bills win. Whens the last time you saw that? Hahaha.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Some Preseason Game 1 Observations...

They barely played Lynch, they're saving him for the reg season.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

do you think greers performance gets him more looks with the first team?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

I'll reserve judgement until I see Schobel and Whitner back in the lineup, Poz starting at MLB, Greer starting at CB, and some semblance of a gameplan. If you noticed, the Saints were blitzing and stunting a lot from the get-go, whereas the Bills didn't until the 2nd half.

I also hope Brad Butler comes back soon. They need him at RG.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Tatonka
          Absolutely, I think Youboty actually looked pretty good as well. Which is a pretty big compliment from me because I've completely ripped on him in the past.

Comment

• cocamide
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Tatonka
            His performance coupled with Webster's should get him more reps with the first team. It was just one game, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

our defense is going to get run over at the line of scrimmage. We can only hope it can be corrected next year. But kicking a couple 50 yard field goals and having a sick punter (moorman can be really sick) can help a lot.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                I'll reserve judgement until I see Schobel and Whitner back in the lineup, Poz starting at MLB, Greer starting at CB, and some semblance of a gameplan. If you noticed, the Saints were blitzing and stunting a lot from the get-go, whereas the Bills didn't until the 2nd half.

I also hope Brad Butler comes back soon. They need him at RG.

MONEY post.
                www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
                  our defense is going to get run over at the line of scrimmage. We can only hope it can be corrected next year.
                  I think you're wrong. We definately improved from last years and I think that with Whitner and Poz in there it would have been better.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    I think you're wrong. We definately improved from last years and I think that with Whitner and Poz in there it would have been better.
                    good luck with that. Neither of those guys you are making an arguement with are on the LOS. We are pathetic in the front middle on defense. We can only hope to compensate in other areas and grabbing as much as 20 yards consistently in the kicking game is what we have available. It's going to be fun to watch how our kicking game works out.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Moorman is out of this world...I've never seen a punter consistently able to pin teams so deep. And he's been doing it for years.
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Who is this Jackson kid. He looked really good. Better than any RB on the Bills I've see in quite a while. Maybe a preseason fluke, but he looked like the real deal.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• dolphan117
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          Absolutely, I think Youboty actually looked pretty good as well. Which is a pretty big compliment from me because I've completely ripped on him in the past.
                          As a guy that obviously doesn't watch a ton of Bills games he was one of the guys that jumped out at me. Said it already in another thread but he seems to have a good nose for the ball pretty good speed.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

moorman has been a ****ing machine for years now. don't just dog off what he does to pump up other areas like a homer. I'm excited to see the way we make field positon work this year with him in the game. And like I said earlier...if we can kick 50 yard field goals that is completely sick with a punting game that can take 20 yards off the field.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

I just can't imagine having a guy (and for it to be lindell WOW) that can go out there and kick a 50 yard field goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X