PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson > Anthony Thomas & Other Musings

Night Train
08-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Thomas has heart but his feet are stuck in mud when he gets the handoff. Jackson has speed, hands, power and more ability. Nothing earth shattering but Lynch, Wright and Jackson all look better than Thomas.

Poz sure looked good.
Roscoe Parrish looked very good.
Greer shows good technique and smarts
Special Teams looked outstanding
Even Nall looked good

Typical 1st pre-season game. Sloppy but some positives to build on. Starters in too briefly to make any real observations. Vanilla gameplan so the coaches can grade out players.

Sure was fun watching the Bills again. I'll be at next Fridays game.

BlackMetalNinja
08-11-2007, 06:51 AM
SO Jackson is better than Thomas because he had a nice TD run against scrubs?

Night Train
08-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Nope.

He's better because he doesn't need 15 strides to move 3 feet.

mybills
08-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Nope.

Exactly. He really impressed me. He had the most yds.

Turf
08-11-2007, 07:22 AM
I actually saw a Bills running back break a tackle, his name was Jackson.

chernobylwraiths
08-11-2007, 07:26 AM
I actually saw a Bills running back break a tackle, his name was Jackson.

The TD was nice, but he was playing against (and with) a lot of guys who won't be playing NFL football in a few weeks. I would be willing to bet, practice squad if anything.

mybills
08-11-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't think it matters who he was up against. The kid is snake-like through the line, and he has the speed.

Turf
08-11-2007, 07:54 AM
I can't see what anyone on the coaching staff sees in potential for Shaud Williams. How he has stuck with this team is a mystery to me. We have our #1 pick sittng on the bench instead of giving him some experience, and we're wasting our time with a guy who in his entire time here has with the exception of one play, never done anything, and never will amount to anything in the NFL. I can't even believe he's in the league, he's just too damn small.
So it's save for me to say I'll take Jackson over Williams as our #3.
A Train wasn't impressive either.

patmoran2006
08-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Im not going to comment too much on a first preseason game other than to say if that's the way Langston Walker is going to play RT and if thats even close to the best we'll see from McCargo we're in big ****ing trouble.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 09:24 AM

Jackson looked good the entire game. If I'm Thomas or Shaud I'd be concerned.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Im not going to comment too much on a first preseason game other than to say if that's the way Langston Walker is going to play RT and if thats even close to the best we'll see from McCargo we're in big ****ing trouble.

Exact same observation. Add DiGiorgio to the list. He might have looked good in camp but he sucked playing.

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Nope.

I have no idea how Lynch made your list based entirely on yesterday's performance. Even I'm cutting him the slack that he didn't play for all intents and purposes.

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Jackson looked good the entire game. If I'm Thomas or Shaud I'd be concerned.

Against whom though?

Here are the players that made tackles on him:

Simmons (backup)
Palepoi (???)
Cooper (backup)
Kaesviharn (backup)
Fincher (???)
Reis (???)
Evans (backup)
Villarreal (???)
M. Mitchell (backup)

I wouldn't expect much from Jackson, particularly with Lynch and Wright just recently drafted. Besides being a 26-year old second year player presumably on the practice squad last year, he's inconsequential.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Against whom though?

Simmons (backup)
Palepoi (???)
Cooper (backup)
Kaesviharn (backup)
Fincher (???)
Reis (???)
Evans (backup)
Villarreal (???)
M. Mitchell (backup)

I wouldn't expect much from Jackson, particularly with Lynch and Wright just recently drafted. Besides being a 26-year old second year player presumably on the practice squad last year, he's inconsequential.

Wys, I try to be as objective as possible. It was a pre-season game with pre-seaon players. But the obeservation is what it is. Some players looked bad and some looked good. Jackson looked good.

Michael82
08-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Fred Jackson = Lionel Gates! :::

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/pl_583282.jpg

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Fred Jackson = Lionel Gates! :::

Still not sure that Lionel Gates isn't better than Shaud Williams.

BlackMetalNinja
08-11-2007, 10:12 AM
So, I guess using the logic of some in this thread, Marshawn had 3 yards on 2 carries.... we're cutting him right?

Come on, don't you think he'd be on the top of the depth charts and what not if the Bills staff actually thought he was that good. It's directly dependant on the quality of players he was out there against.

This is why I hate preseason sometimes. Nall looked pretty good while he was out there too... I'm shocked we don't have 10 threads calling for him to replace J.P. too.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 10:16 AM
So, I guess using the logic of some in this thread, Marshawn had 3 yards on 2 carries.... we're cutting him right?

Come on, don't you think he'd be on the top of the depth charts and what not if the Bills staff actually thought he was that good. It's directly dependant on the quality of players he was out there against.

This is why I hate preseason sometimes. Nall looked pretty good while he was out there too... I'm shocked we don't have 10 threads calling for him to replace J.P. too.

I think we are all smart enough to realize that this is pre-season. I'm not worried about Marshawn.

Matter-of-fact it's the opposite. I'm thinking the Bills already know what they have and aren't risking him getting hurt.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Thomas has heart but his feet are stuck in mud when he gets the handoff. Jackson has speed, hands, power and more ability. Nothing earth shattering but Lynch, Wright and Jackson all look better than Thomas.

Poz sure looked good.
Roscoe Parrish looked very good.
Greer shows good technique and smarts
Special Teams looked outstanding
Even Nall looked good

Typical 1st pre-season game. Sloppy but some positives to build on. Starters in too briefly to make any real observations. Vanilla gameplan so the coaches can grade out players.

Sure was fun watching the Bills again. I'll be at next Fridays game.

yeah cut Lynch as well. He looked as bad as A-Train.

mybills
08-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Some players looked bad and some looked good. Jackson looked good.
precisely. :up:

billsburgh
08-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Langston Walker was not bad at all.

Bling
08-11-2007, 03:09 PM

Agreed. I remember when we had the morons over at Finheaven calling for little Fred Russell to start because he had an 88 yarder in preseason. It's a joke.

Night Train
08-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow. Anthony Thomas loyalty. I have nothing against him, except he's PAINFULLY slow.

He was cut 3 times ( Chicago,New Orleans,Dallas ) within a year and a half for a reason.

Oaf
08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't care who Jackson was playing against. When he ran the ball, I saw quicks, speed, and even power I hadn't seen since Reggie Bush left the game.

He'll still be buried on the depth chart at #4 or maybe #3, but I think he should stick over players like S Williams, Scobey, and one of those 7 damn TE/FB hybrids
we have.

BlackMetalNinja
08-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I certainly don't disagree that he should make the team before Shaud or Scobey... but to tout him as being the man already after an above average performance against nobodys is silly in my book.

OpIv37
08-11-2007, 08:47 PM
I've never been a Shaud Williams fan and I don't see any reason to keep him over Jackson. If we only keep 3 RB's, it will be Lynch, Thomas and Wright, but if we keep 4 Jackson will be on the team over Scobey or Shaud.

PS why do they keep trying to use Shaud on returns? He's NEVER been good on returns, even against scrubs in pre-season.

mysticsoto
08-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Fred Jackson played very well yesterday and should be given props even if it was mostly against 2nd stringers. For one, he broke a nice tackle, and on the same TD run, used a stiff arm on another.

Quite frankly, I'm starting to wonder if A-train is starting to slowing down - he was never that fast to begin with and doesn't have shifty moves either. If all he has is some power, Wright can handle that role... Fred Jackson might just overtake him - if they only want to keep 3 RBs! Supposedly, the coaching staff really likes Jackson...But in truth, I really think they are going to keep 4, so A-train is probably safe.

Tatonka
08-12-2007, 08:58 AM

again, just another post that shows some guys have literally no clue..

Tatonka
08-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Against whom though?

Simmons (backup)
Palepoi (???)
Cooper (backup)
Kaesviharn (backup)
Fincher (???)
Reis (???)
Evans (backup)
Villarreal (???)
M. Mitchell (backup)

way to review the box score. :up:

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Fred Jackson could very well be the next Ken Simonton!

Historian
08-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Fred Jackson could very well be the next Ken Simonton!

He looked a lot like Roland Hooks to me!

Dr. Lecter
08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
He looked a lot like Roland Hooks to me!

If catches a Hail Mary pass to bet the Patriots, I love the guy.