PDA

View Full Version : I'm seeing a lot of love for Trent Edwards

mybills
08-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Even the announcers said he reminds them of JP.

I disagree. He looked more like Bledsoe. GET RID OF THE DAMN BALL!

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 07:32 AM
It was his first game. He was efficient statistically, 10 of 11, in spite of having low ypa/ypc.

Besides, this season doesn't really matter how he plays.

mybills
08-11-2007, 07:41 AM
I know it doesn't matter. That game doesn't even matter. I just don't understand their comparison. JP used to run if he had nobody open, not stand there waiting like Trent & Bledsoe.

djjimkelly
08-11-2007, 08:23 AM

actually he reminded me of a combo of bledsoe and HOMOBUM

Michael82
08-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I thought he was pretty good for a rookie, but he definitely held onto the ball way too long! It definitely reminded me of Bledsoe or RJ. :ill:

chubluv
08-11-2007, 08:39 AM
The announcers said some one on the Bills staff he reminded them of JP. then they said he needs better pocket presence. Still only the first game.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2007, 10:43 AM

they must have been watching game tapes of losman from last year to make that comparison.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2007, 10:44 AM
I thought he was pretty good for a rookie, but he definitely held onto the ball way too long! It definitely reminded me of Bledsoe or RJ. :ill:

or losman in the first half of last year.

HAMMER
08-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Kids first live action and you all are criticizing him for not throwing into coverage or running when his receivers are covered? NewsFlash, it takes time to learn the game at the NFL level. 10 of 11 is very solid.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:19 AM
he was a young Holcomb. But that's okay. He was going for the high percentage passes in his first game ever.

The Saints rookie qb didn't look so bad. Looked like a young Brunnel.

mybills
08-11-2007, 11:29 AM
NewsFlash, it takes time to learn the game at the NFL level. 10 of 11 is very solid.
The whole point I was trying to make, is that JP would run. Hello?
Even those stats proves my point. JP ran so often that they had to pull the reins in. Running wasn't helping his passing stats at all.

Bledsoe on the other hand, had the good stats like Edwards, plus he stood there too long. Yup, reminds me more of Bledsoe.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:31 AM
they must have been watching game tapes of losman from last year to make that comparison.
na. college games tapes where they were both running for their lives.

mybills
08-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I do have to give Jauron credit for breaking it up evenly, though.
JP - hand offs - rb practice, they already know he can throw
Nall - bombs - wr practice
Edwards - dump offs - what can any of you do for me? :;

HAMMER
08-11-2007, 11:40 AM
The whole point I was trying to make, is that JP would run. Hello?
Even those stats proves my point. JP ran so often that they had to pull the reins in. Running wasn't helping his passing stats at all.

Bledsoe on the other hand, had the good stats like Edwards, plus he stood there too long. Yup, reminds me more of Bledsoe.

I think you feel that running is the better option, it is not. The coaches do not want the QB running unless it is a broken play, or protection has completely broken down. What they want is the QB to stand in the pocket and go through his reads. Edwards was dong that but it takes time to learn how to read and recognize defenses at the NFL level. No rookie QB is good at reading defenses. Don't throw Edwards on the Bledsoe garbage pile, it is a poor assessment.

mybills
08-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I think you feel that running is the better option, it is not.
No way do I feel running is the better option. Now I know you've totally missed the point.

mybills
08-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Read the capped words in the 1st post, hammer. :up:

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I think you feel that running is the better option, it is not. The coaches do not want the QB running unless it is a broken play, or protection has completely broken down. What they want is the QB to stand in the pocket and go through his reads. Edwards was dong that but it takes time to learn how to read and recognize defenses at the NFL level. No rookie QB is good at reading defenses. Don't throw Edwards on the Bledsoe garbage pile, it is a poor assessment.

Edwards was in shock that he had more than 3 seconds to throw. That's something he wasn't used to in college. It's something new to him.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Edwards was in shock that he had more than 3 seconds to throw. That's something he wasn't used to in college. It's something new to him.

However, somebody should teach him that he doesn't have 5 seconds either. He got away with a couple that even the annoucers were like "get rid of the ball."

mybills
08-11-2007, 11:52 AM
shock, deer in the headlights, whatever..:chuckle:

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:57 AM
However, somebody should teach him that he doesn't have 5 seconds either. He got away with a couple that even the annoucers were like "get rid of the ball." first game ever. He's smart. He doesn't have Moolarkey for HC. No concerns .He'll learn.

Meathead
08-11-2007, 11:58 AM
well i can tell you right now if jp has one bad quarter im callin for edwards

HAMMER
08-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh my God people, he just saw his first NFL action, give it a break. MyBills, read my post again, I do get it. He needs to learn to read defenses.

TrentEdwards2008
08-11-2007, 10:13 PM

Trent was stellar last night, sure he took a few sacks but he'll learn to get rid of the ball quicker as he continues to develop.

There should be a lot of love for him....he very well maybe the future of this franchise is Losman continues to struggle!!

BidsJr
08-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Trent was stellar last night, sure he took a few sacks but he'll learn to get rid of the ball quicker as he continues to develop.

There should be a lot of love for him....he very well maybe the future of this franchise is Losman continues to struggle!!

Got that right!!!!!

TrentEdwards2008
08-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Got that right!!!!!

It was a typo.....

BidsJr
08-11-2007, 10:20 PM
It was a typo.....

As was your screen name.

mybills
08-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Some of you obviously don't know what the word 'comparison' means. This has nothing to do with Edwards being good or not. It has nothing to do with him learning eventually. It has everything to do with him being compared to JP. That's B.S. He's nothing like JP.

that is all.

Wally The Barber
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM

Funny!
His strength is a quick release!