PDA

View Full Version : Langston Walker got 25 million why?

patmoran2006
08-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Unless his field goal blocking prowesss is worth $5 million per year, why the hell did we sign this clown?

It took me about 2 series to know why 99% of the Raiders fans laughed and celebrated when we signed this fat turnstile.

patmoran2006
08-11-2007, 08:08 AM
And GOD please tell me Webster and McCargo were shaking off rust.

Dr. Lecter
08-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Every NFL team should hire you Pat.

You can make determinations on players after one pre-season game!

RedEyE
08-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Well, he saved the tie from happening and the block overall gave us the win last night, so...

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Unless his field goal blocking prowesss is worth $5 million per year, why the hell did we sign this clown?

It took me about 2 series to know why 99% of the Raiders fans laughed and celebrated when we signed this fat turnstile.

We got him to help us improve our 1st ranked special teams.

Oh wait, ... hmmm, ...

Give me a few minutes to work out the logic on that one.

He looked like a caricature playing RT yesterday.

Historian
08-11-2007, 08:55 AM
He looked like a caricature playing RT yesterday.

Fat Albert..or one of the other Cosby kids in the junkyard?

Is this a black thing?

clumping platelets
08-11-2007, 08:56 AM
:movie:

X-Era
08-11-2007, 09:00 AM

The entire reason was to piss you off. They know who you are and you annoy them, thats why we signed Walker.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2007, 09:06 AM

didn't you draft him in the BAFA?

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Well, he saved the tie from happening and the block overall gave us the win last night, so...

Our STs are fine. There's not even any need to dote on them until we fall several spots from our now perennial #1 status.

What should concern all Bills fans is not what happened or did not happen with our backups vs. the Saint roster cut players and backups, but how our 1st teams performed.

The Saint D is not good. Yet, we couldn't even amass 50 net yards in two drives. Defensively we let them drive all over us and at least one TD may have been prevented due to Saint errors, not good D.

Wins/losses in preseason have no meaning whatsoever. You know that.

Forget Fred Jackson. If Lynch doesn't get going at some point, we're screwed offensively. Poz looked good, but how well will he play vs. a first team O? Hopefully well, but behind our DTs he can't possibly render us a solid rushing D.

The Saints moved the ball virtually at will on us which just isn't good since that's what teams did all of last season including late in the season.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Why is it that when someone makes an obvious observation around here that if isn't "god we are awesome" than people lose their minds. First game or not it is what it is.

Rewatch the game. Walker blocked a punt but we brought him in to block on the right side. He didn't look good and gives up half way through on every play.

While we are at it, McCargo is a piece of crap, at this point. But don't worry because he'll be a pro-bowler in 4 weeks.

And the momentum of us winning every game this season will help us forget that DiGiorgio, Shaud, Webster and Leonard were all awful.

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 09:22 AM
LOL

Indeed.

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Viva La Marv!

alohabillsfan
08-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Our STs are fine. There's not even any need to dote on them until we fall several spots from our now perennial #1 status.

What should concern all Bills fans is not what happened or did not happen with our backups vs. the Saint roster cut players and backups, but how our 1st teams performed.

The Saint D is not good. Yet, we couldn't even amass 50 net yards in two drives. Defensively we let them drive all over us and at least one TD may have been prevented due to Saint errors, not good D.

Forget Fred Jackson. If Lynch doesn't get going at some point, we're screwed offensively. Poz looked good, but how well will he play vs. a first team O? Hopefully well, but behind our DTs he can't possibly render us a solid rushing D.

The Saints moved the ball virtually at will on us which just isn't good since that's what teams did all of last season including late in the season.

Yes, after 2 drive of the 1st "pre" season game it is over. Somebody pull up 2008 available F/A and Draft boy start spitting out those mocks we should be on the clock any minute now! Good grief, get a life!

/sarcasm

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes, after 2 drive of the 1st "pre" season game it is over. Somebody pull up 2008 available F/A and Draft boy start spitting out those mocks we should be on the clock any minute now! Good grief, get a life!

/sarcasm
Consider the source(s). It's apparent these guys didn't see the game (it wasn't on in most markets) and are going by the stat sheet, yet again.

WRT Walker, how many sacks did he give up? How many times did they run to his side? How many blitzes and stunts did the Saints run compared to the Bills, in THEIR dome, that is among the noisiest places in the NFL? How many penalties did he commit?

As for McCargo, how many rushing yards did the Saints have, outside of that 3rd down draw play where the DT's were lined-up between the guards and tackles? And again, how many blitzes and stunts did the Bills run? Where were Schobel and Whitner?

Just take a look at the Saints last weekend for any quesions as to why a team might not look so hot their 1st pre-season game. But I can bet you that there are Saints fans freaking out WORSE than you (not abf) guys, after their 5th overall scoring offense, which got better over the off-season, scored a whole 3 points (make it 6 if you want, ignoring Walker's blocked FG) against the "lowly" Bills' defense, that was without 2 of their best players.

I'll give you that Webster was brutal and that the pass defense wasn't there, but again, the Saints ran a lot of mis-direction plays. And yet again, they STILL only scored 3/6 points, despite playing to win.

BTW Wys, I sent you an e-mail about the bet. Yet STILL no answer. Sorry bud but it's NOT an oversight anymore. So the bet is the O/U and the winner gets 1,680 ZB's and leaves the board for 2 months. If you want to bet money, send ME a PM. It's not hard. Otherwise I'll take it to be what I originally though as a case of you avoiding the bet.

RedEyE
08-11-2007, 09:39 AM

I agree, and Langston was every bit the waste of space on the right side as Raider nation said he would be last night. Let's hope that's corrected.

Lynch only played a few downs. It seems to me they are defeinitly going to slowly introduce him the professinal level of the game. A-Train is getting the ball until Lynch is comfortable with the offense, and the Bills are comfortable running the ball.

ZacGriffi~82
08-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Well on the subject, why the hell is Jason Peters starting?

John Doe
08-11-2007, 10:01 AM

So why did'nt they score a touchdown.

One would think that if they are moving the ball at will then they would choose to score a touchdown.

TedMock
08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Walker will be fine. He got beat badly on one play. He also save JP's a$$ on another by blocking down on a guy the RB whiffed on. I was surprised that he was able to peel off his guy and come back inside as fast as he did. He wasn't a stud by any stretch as he did look off at times, but not half as bad as some are saying. The offense as a whole looked out of sync to me. Both guards looked off and both tackles looked off. Josh Reed looked solid. Losman will be fine. He made the right reads despite not being given much.

Jim Leonhard - the worst player on the entire field for us.

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Walker will be fine. He got beat badly on one play. He also save JP's a$$ on another by blocking down on a guy the RB whiffed on. I was surprised that he was able to peel off his guy and come back inside as fast as he did. He wasn't a stud by any stretch as he did look off at times, but not half as bad as some are saying. The offense as a whole looked out of sync to me. Both guards looked off and both tackles looked off. Josh Reed looked solid. Losman will be fine. He made the right reads despite not being given much.
Like I said, these guys obviously didn't watch the game. They also didn't know the context. Again if I were a Saints fan, I'd be thinking last year was a fluke. That is, IF I were a neg.

Jim Leonhard - the worst player on the entire field for us.
Sadly, yes. Might have to move George Wilson into his spot.

And I think that the Bills CANNOT get rid of Sam Aiken.

PECKERWOOD
08-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I thought Walker did pretty good. :idunno:
The Saints were doing alot of funky formations and rotations the Bills were just playing basic packages so it seemed.

John Doe
08-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Walker played 12 downs on offense:

1 Run: Walker takes his man out wide - good block.

2 Run: The run is to the left - Walker bumps his man and he is not involved with the tackle

3 Pass: Broken play - Walker blocks effectively but JP is forced to scramble

4 Pass: Walker roll blocks effectively - the pass is batted down by another player's man.

5 Run: Walker leads the play into the hole but the ball carrier is tackled from behind.

6 Pass: Walker blocks effectively

7 Run: Walker steamrolls his man out of the play

8 Pass: Good protection from Walker

9 Pass: Good blitz pickup from Walker

10 Pass: Good block from Walker but there is pressure up the middle that breaks the play down.

11 Run: Walker steamrolls his man out of the play

12 Pass: Good protection from Walker.

He looked plenty good to me.

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 10:32 AM
I thought Walker did pretty good. :idunno:
The Saints were doing alot of funky formations and rotations the Bills were just playing basic packages so it seemed.
Yep. Some see what they want.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-11-2007, 10:56 AM

This one should read - Walker stops blocking 5 steps into a seven step drop, JP scrambles to his left to avoid getting killed by the guy Walker is supposed to be blocking.

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 11:08 AM
This one should read - Walker stops blocking 5 steps into a seven step drop, JP scrambles to his left to avoid getting killed by the guy Walker is supposed to be blocking.
IIRC, that was the play that was a high snap. The play was busted from the beginning.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-11-2007, 11:14 AM
IIRC, that was the play that was a high snap. The play was busted from the beginning.

I'm aware of that, but Walker still got beat. I was a bad snap but JP caught it cleanly and had to scramble almost immediately.

John Doe
08-11-2007, 11:15 AM

I don't think so. I just reviewed it again.

It was shotgun formation (no 5 or 7 step movement involved). Losman was set to thow and there was nobody open. The interior of the pocket was collapsing so JP could not step foreward so he had to start scrambling.

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm aware of that, but Walker still got beat. I was a bad snap but JP caught it cleanly and had to scramble almost immediately.
He caught it, but it appeared to be a timing play that totally destroyed it. In any case, 1 bad play when you're playing vanilla and they're not is FAR from "Walker sucks!"

theanswer74
08-11-2007, 11:34 AM
patmoran2006 Im sorry, but Walker probably graded out close to 100.

I watched before I responded. On every run play, except one that went off LT, he controlled his man and drove him away. His guy had no chance of making the tackle, in fact, Walker made it look easy.

In pass Protection, again, he was very good. Twice JP Losman left the pocket and moved to the right and basically stepped into the pressure by leaving the pocket. However, it was not JP's fault he left the pocket. On one play the snap took him to the right because Fowler snapped it high and to the right. On the other play, a beautiful pocket was formed, but then Dockery's guy slipped in and ruined it, Losman had to elude the rush up the middle, again, going right into Walker's man.

Our OL did a very good job, minus Dockery on one play and Fowler on a few plays.

Our TE blocking was absolutely terrible.

I want to give Fowler the year because I think he had a bad deal with the OG's he had next to him, but it might be a good idea to see what WHittle and Preston can do at Center.

John Doe
08-11-2007, 11:37 AM
patmoran2006 Im sorry, but Walker probably graded out close to 100.

That is exactly what I thought.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Our OL did a very good job, minus Dockery on one play and Fowler on a few plays.

Our TE blocking was absolutely terrible.

So what explains the poor production of offense?

X-Era
08-11-2007, 11:53 AM
So what explains the poor production of offense?

Not scheming, its just that easy. Had we had really schemed, we might have played much better. Thats why we need to hold judgement until the real balls fly.

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Not scheming, its just that easy. Had we had really schemed, we might have played much better. Thats why we need to hold judgement until the real balls fly.
Yep, the Bills not scheming and the Saints using blitzes and stunts against a non-scheming offense.

BillsFever21
08-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Has Walker and McCargo never participated in the preseason during their careers? How is this only their first preseason game?

Walker had been around for whart 6 years now and has never been a good player. He also gave up almost 12 sacks last season. Yeah I know it's all Oaklands fault though.

McCargo is going on his second season and has shown absolutely nothing at all. Even in the whole 6 games he lasted in 2006 he looked terrible. During mini camp and training camp he has shown absolutely nothing.

It might only be the first preseason game of the year but it's not like they were just drafted and it's only their first preseason game of their professional career. Especially in Walker's case. This guy is a 5 or 6 year NFL veteran and has never had a good season. The determinations have been made over certain players entire NFL career and not just one preseason game. The preseason game is just more evidence of how crappy they are.

I know it doesn't matter though what Walker has been like his entire career. They mean nothing. He is still learning and the light will turn on in his 6th year because he is with Buffalo.

How about crappy players on the Dolphins or Jets, do they still get the same pass? How about Joey Harrington? Do you think he sucks? One could say this will be the year that he becomes a great player in the league. If it's on another team it isn't the same though. It's only in Buffalo that some think that a career sloppy player can turn it on and it doesn't matter what they did up to this point in their career.

How about Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. You guys crap on them and talk about how much they suck and how their current teams are crazy for picking them up because they are terrible. One could say that this might be the year that they break out and dominate the NFL.

Hell we had a great player in Nate Clements but because he isn't in Buffalo he sucs and San Fran has an overpaid bum on their hands but Langston Walker isn't a terrible player and it wasn't everyone elses faut for his terrible play his entire career. Some of you sure have some warped thinking.

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 12:41 PM
It's one thing to make a prediction before seeing something first. It's quite another to post outright lies after you HAVE seen it, just because you look like a chump for your earlier predictions.

Basically you either have NO clue what you're watching or didn't see it and made it up. Sad either way.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't think so. I just reviewed it again.

It was shotgun formation (no 5 or 7 step movement involved). Losman was set to thow and there was nobody open. The interior of the pocket was collapsing so JP could not step foreward so he had to start scrambling.

Review it one more time becuase he never looks down field to see who's open. Finfan is absolutely right.

BillsFever21
08-11-2007, 12:44 PM

Some will just see only what they want to believe.

Tatonka
08-11-2007, 12:51 PM

just like it took 2 posts for 99% of this board to realize your posts suck.

Bling
08-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Some will just see only what they want to believe.

Way to use my line. Anyway, you're 100% right. If the argument is about Walker, they'll find a way to blame it on playcalling. If the argument is about JP, it's the O-line sucked. Then you confront some of these posters about the hypocriscy, and they make their stupid sarcasm posts. It's not hard to be unbias.

camelcowboy
08-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I still think the line would best be served with Walker as a guard and pennington at tackle. IMO

billsburgh
08-11-2007, 01:09 PM
if anyone on the o-line should be criticized, it should be the left side of Peters and Dockery. there was absolutely no room to run on the left. how come nobody is ripping them?

Bling
08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
if anyone on the o-line should be criticized, it should be the left side of Peters and Dockery. there was absolutely no room to run on the left. how come nobody is ripping them?

They're untouchables. No one is allowed to even think of criticizing them.

ZacGriffi~82
08-11-2007, 01:25 PM

Well, on the subject, why the hell is Jason Peters starting?

Bling
08-11-2007, 01:30 PM
It sounded like sarcasm to me.

ZacGriffi~82
08-11-2007, 01:34 PM
It sounded like sarcasm to me.

It was but at the same time i was pointing out that Peters played worse, but we don't hear about that

Elminster
08-11-2007, 01:39 PM
It was but at the same time i was pointing out that Peters played worse, but we don't hear about that
We don't hear about it because he's not one of the "reasons" the negs bring up to "prove" we're a bad team with poor leadership that is going nowhere. The signing of Walker; however, is a "bad sign" because he played poorly in Oakland. I didn't see him play poorly last night in a Bills uniform, but, that must've been a mirage because players can never get better(at least when they play for the Bills). He seemed pretty dominant to me. I'm surprised they aren't ragging on Dockery instead, he played worse than Walker. I was extremely disappointed with the left side in general, because it just seemed like A-Train would hit the line and there'd be nothing there for him. Oh well, let's see how we look next week. Our starters will actually be out for a little bit, so maybe they'll find their rhythm and get some scoring done...

ZacGriffi~82
08-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah in a way it's a positive that the right was stronger, but at the same time...it's discouraging to see the left side struggle.

dannyek71
08-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Lee dropped that pass. CUT HIM NOW!

billsburgh
08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
after watching it again some more, I've come to the conclusion that Robert Royal is a real liability as a blocker. he was the worst.

raphael120
08-11-2007, 02:10 PM
after watching it again some more, I've come to the conclusion that Robert Royal is a real liability as a blocker. he was the worst.

Congrats. It took you 12 months to realize what everyone else who knew Royal brings absoultely jack crap to the table. And HES beating out the other TE's on our roster. Tells you something about how important the TE position is here.

Im starting to wonder if the coaching staff is just trying to be stubborn by not letting high paid FA's from last year take a backseat to someother players who are playing better than them.

For example...Peerless Price is a bum. He, again, was nonexistant. he doesn't get open. I'd rather take my chances with Parrish lined up ala Steve Smith/Santana Moss. You do realize Steve Smith is only 5 pounds heavier than Roscoe and is the same height (5'9"). And Roscoe is probably faster too. He can start as a number 2 if the coaching staff wanted him to. Parrish is showing he can get open consistantly sometimes and I'd rather see him out there than Talentless Price.

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Anybody ever see Wys and Pat Moran in the same room at the same time?

Didn't think so.

billsburgh
08-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Congrats. It took you 12 months to realize what everyone else who knew Royal brings absoultely jack crap to the table. And HES beating out the other TE's on our roster. Tells you something about how important the TE position is here.

Im starting to wonder if the coaching staff is just trying to be stubborn by not letting high paid FA's from last year take a backseat to someother players who are playing better than them.

For example...Peerless Price is a bum. He, again, was nonexistant. he doesn't get open. I'd rather take my chances with Parrish lined up ala Steve Smith/Santana Moss. You do realize Steve Smith is only 5 pounds heavier than Roscoe and is the same height (5'9"). And Roscoe is probably faster too. He can start as a number 2 if the coaching staff wanted him to. Parrish is showing he can get open consistantly sometimes and I'd rather see him out there than Talentless Price.
How sad about the TE situation. I kept looking for Kevin Everett last night but never saw him or heard his name. Why they keep bringing back Neufeld and Cieslak I cant figure out. I like the idea of giving Roscoe a real chance as #2. I remember hearing comparisons to Steve Smith when he was drafted.

raphael120
08-11-2007, 02:18 PM
How sad about the TE situation. I kept looking for Kevin Everett last night but never saw him or heard his name. Why they keep bringing back Neufeld and Cieslak I cant figure out. I like the idea of giving Roscoe a real chance as #2. I remember hearing comparisons to Steve Smith when he was drafted.

Glad you noticed the big playmaker Everetts no-show. I dont think he was in a single play.

If they don't cut his ass this year, it's going to be clear that our FO has their heads up their asses. Id rather see Shaud stay on the team than Everett. At least Shaud plays well on ST.

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Forget about TE. We're going 3 and 4 wide baby!

raphael120
08-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Forget about TE. We're going 3 and 4 wide baby!

Yeah, but that only works if you have 3 or 4 viable WRs. I'd say, total, we have 2. Evans counts as one, and Reed and Parrish are each 1/2 which total 1 viable starter combined.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I just watched it again also. You NEg Nancies are BLIND as all HELL! Complain about the guys who **** the bed ala...
WEBSTER,DIGIORGIO,LEANORD(sp?),ROYAL or TEs in general,FOWLER,PETERS,EVANS (only one play),DL (except Hargrove,Williams)

Give it a DAMN BREAK

Also watch it again Fin Fan is wrong that play was SHOTGUN not a 5-7 or even a 50 step drop not to mention missnapped!!! Blind Mother F'rs

John Doe
08-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Review it one more time becuase he never looks down field to see who's open. Finfan is absolutely right.

I reviewed it one more time.

JP snags the errant snap.

He sets his feet and looks for his reciever.

He then scrambles.

It looked to me that Walker did his job. The center of the pocket was being pushed toward Losman by 4 other defenders and there was nowhere for JP to go.

You are entitled to your opinion of the events.

I am not an expert, but that is what I continue to see.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 03:40 PM

Again, they are proven players that don't need to prove their value to this team. Langston Walker doesn't have the same resume so he shouldn't be quitting on plays, ever.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2007, 03:40 PM
John DOE I just rewound it again that is def what I saw too. These guys are unreal and are not happy unless crying and *****ing is involved.

Walker looked just fine and nothing like the raiders fans were talking about. We have other players who had their head up their asses we need to worry about.

billsburgh
08-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Again, they are proven players that don't need to prove their value to this team. Langston Walker doesn't have the same resume so he shouldn't be quitting on plays, ever.
which plays did Walker quit on?

Mahdi
08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I wasnt really impressed by the left side of the line,,,, they got no push at all. But im still not worried bout that.

ddaryl
08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I reviewed much of the 1st half and didn't see much wrong with Walker. He didn't wow me either except on the difference making blocked FG. I thought the interior line positions were the weaker links last night. Dockery and Peters didn't have much chemistry happening, and Fowler got pushed back a few times. The run blocking on the right side seemed solid, Left side was surprisingly weaker then expected, but that can and will be worked out.

But this was the OL's 1st time going against a real good Saints D that already has a preseason game under their belts. Not to mention the Bills OL practices against our DL which doesn't strike fear into anything. The OL definitely needs more preseason games to work out the kinks.

The over zealous negative posters here should goto their Family Physicians and get a prescription for chill-icillin. It's way to early to start the *****-fest.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I watched for the 4th time and still didnt see where he quit. These guys are blind. If I wasnt watching my Red Sox win right nowI would watch again in SLOW MO lol

alohabillsfan
08-11-2007, 04:22 PM
You also have to love how some of these "expert" Neg's love to point out...

"Well the Bills offense really sucked last night, it's not like they were going against the Charger or Ravens defense"..

Then Blah, Blah, Blah..

Then...

"Boy that Bills first team defense really got chewed up last night look at all the yards etc..."

But they never ever mention that the Bills defense was going against last years #1 OFFENSE!!!!

Kills me.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I just watched it again also. You NEg Nancies are BLIND as all HELL! Complain about the guys who **** the bed ala...
WEBSTER,DIGIORGIO,LEANORD(sp?),ROYAL or TEs in general,FOWLER,PETERS,EVANS (only one play),DL (except Hargrove,Williams)

Give it a DAMN BREAK

Also watch it again Fin Fan is wrong that play was SHOTGUN not a 5-7 or even a 50 step drop not to mention missnapped!!! Blind Mother F'rs

Perhaps I should have used a better description. I know it was in the shotgun. My point was that Walker sustained the block to about a 5 step drop depth and then just let the end go. That is why JP scrambled to the left. I apologize for the poor description, but Walker may be a liability on deep drops this season.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Puff Puff PASS!

raphael120
08-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Walker was fine. Compared to the crap fest other players showed, Walker was great. Was not happy with our D most of all. Overall, our QBs did pretty well, and A-train showed why he's a backup. Would have like to have seen some downfield throwing. I think the biggest completion of the night was like 14 yards or something? not a good way to "stretch the field".

SquishDaFish
08-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I wasnt looking for them to stretch the field at all. I was looking for basic plays calls not show anything and just get some real work in. Next game we should start seeing little more.

PECKERWOOD
08-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Has Walker and McCargo never participated in the preseason during their careers? How is this only their first preseason game?

Walker had been around for whart 6 years now and has never been a good player. He also gave up almost 12 sacks last season. Yeah I know it's all Oaklands fault though.

McCargo is going on his second season and has shown absolutely nothing at all. Even in the whole 6 games he lasted in 2006 he looked terrible. During mini camp and training camp he has shown absolutely nothing.

It might only be the first preseason game of the year but it's not like they were just drafted and it's only their first preseason game of their professional career. Especially in Walker's case. This guy is a 5 or 6 year NFL veteran and has never had a good season. The determinations have been made over certain players entire NFL career and not just one preseason game. The preseason game is just more evidence of how crappy they are.

I know it doesn't matter though what Walker has been like his entire career. They mean nothing. He is still learning and the light will turn on in his 6th year because he is with Buffalo.

How about crappy players on the Dolphins or Jets, do they still get the same pass? How about Joey Harrington? Do you think he sucks? One could say this will be the year that he becomes a great player in the league. If it's on another team it isn't the same though. It's only in Buffalo that some think that a career sloppy player can turn it on and it doesn't matter what they did up to this point in their career.

How about Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. You guys crap on them and talk about how much they suck and how their current teams are crazy for picking them up because they are terrible. One could say that this might be the year that they break out and dominate the NFL.

Hell we had a great player in Nate Clements but because he isn't in Buffalo he sucs and San Fran has an overpaid bum on their hands but Langston Walker isn't a terrible player and it wasn't everyone elses faut for his terrible play his entire career. Some of you sure have some warped thinking.

Way to twist things. I don't think anybody on this website will deny that Nate Clements is a great player. I think what most people here disagree with is the size of Nate Clements contract - 80 MILLION DOLLARS!? Are you kidding me? We wouldn't be able to bring in any other free agents. Think about it. Combine all the contracts of ALL the players we signed this season and you will get a contract very similar to that of Nate's. Screw that. This isn't basketball, you can't have just one player like Kobe or LeBron carry your team.(EXCEPTION unless their a QB/RB) See football is a TEAM game. We have too many holes on this team to not bring in multiple free agents. To have signed Nate Clements would be directly neglecting ALL the other positions on the field. I think some people around here just don't like change. Tell my why you would want to pay Clements, TKO and Fletcher when they already had the opportunity to shine here yet they failed. It's time for change, you might as well give the new faces a try because they still have the potential to make this a winning team, we've already seen what the previous leaders did.

I don't like McCargo so far. However, I'm not sure where you got the information that Walker has never played in a preseason game until yesterday but even if this proves to be true, I don't give a **** because he has close to 50 REAL games experience under his belt.

:check:

He must have been so crappy that the Bills and McNally just saw nothing in him, yet they decide to give him a 25 million dollar contract? What are you trying to say? McNally is a bad coach? Why don't you trust his opinion?

hey Billsfever21.. Are you saying that John Elway was a bust then? Hell, he didn't shine till WELL AFTER his 6th year in the NFL. In fact, he only won those 2 superbowls in the last 2 final years of his career. Harrington - BUST. McCargo - UNCERTAIN. LANGSTON - UNCERTAIN. These guys still have a chance to prove themself. Atleast wait and give these guys a chance to display their talents, longer than just one game. Make up your mind at the end of the preseason atleast.

McGahee is a THUG from THA U. I could CARELESS about him. We completely JIPPED the Ravens for recieving all those draft choices. Spikes was great during his time here but the fact of the matter is, his time here is up. He no longer fitted the system and since moving to Philly he has since agreed with this statement when asked on the Jim Rome show.

tampabay25690
08-11-2007, 10:01 PM

Thats why he works in the NFL.....

mysticsoto
08-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I find this hilarious. Pat Moran starts this thread *****ing about Walker. Wys agrees. It surprised me to see this thread b'cse I didn't get that Walker sucked from watching the game, and I've watched it a few times making sure I picked up little things also...but now that someone broke down each and every play with Walker in...no more Pat Moran or Wys to say anything about it.

Now that is *****ing just to *****!!!

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I find this hilarious. Pat Moran starts this thread *****ing about Walker. Wys agrees. It surprised me to see this thread b'cse I didn't get that Walker sucked from watching the game, and I've watched it a few times making sure I picked up little things also...but now that someone broke down each and every play with Walker in...no more Pat Moran or Wys to say anything about it.

Now that is *****ing just to *****!!!
Ain't it amazing? Par for the course.

Tatonka
08-11-2007, 11:13 PM

1 Run: Walker takes his man out wide - good block.

2 Run: The run is to the left - Walker bumps his man and he is not involved with the tackle

4 Pass: Walker roll blocks effectively - the pass is batted down by another player's man.

5 Run: Walker leads the play into the hole but the ball carrier is tackled from behind.

6 Pass: Walker blocks effectively

7 Run: Walker steamrolls his man out of the play

8 Pass: Good protection from Walker

9 Pass: Good blitz pickup from Walker

10 Pass: Good block from Walker but there is pressure up the middle that breaks the play down.

11 Run: Walker steamrolls his man out of the play

12 Pass: Good protection from Walker.

He looked plenty good to me.

STOP TRYING TO PROVE WYS AND PAT MORON DONT KNOW EVERYTHING!

Tatonka
08-11-2007, 11:17 PM
It's one thing to make a prediction before seeing something first. It's quite another to post outright lies after you HAVE seen it, just because you look like a chump for your earlier predictions.

Basically you either have NO clue what you're watching or didn't see it and made it up. Sad either way.

that is exactly what i was thinking.. i couldnt have said it better.. the fact that the toolboxes in this thread started it about how bad walker was, and then just got their **** handed to them, its just a joke.. but that pretty much sums up the majority of their posts.. all blowing smoke out of their ass for the most part..

Tatonka
08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
the funny thing is maron and wys are the "writers".. they both jumped all over walkers **** and pissed and moaned on the thread.. clearly they both jump to conclusions and i wouldnt be surprised to hear that they didnt watch the game at all.. just looking for something to complain about.

Throne Logic
08-12-2007, 01:40 AM
So much excitement generated over their FIRST preseason game where the starters barely played enough to break an honest sweat. Always amazes me how declarations on "suck" vs. "pro-bowler" can be made based upon an exhibition game.

My opinions, and yes I did watch the game, are pretty basic generalizations. I was encouraged by the fact that this team was able to show some poise in their first preseason game versus an opponent who not only was one of the top offenses in the NFL last season, but also has an extra week of practice along with an entire game of experience and rust removal. Oh, and they were playing at home on national TV during primetime on Friday night.

New Orleans was supposed to be the better team out there. They were clearly playing to win from a play calling / scheming stand point. They DID NOT dominate this Buffalo team that held their own despite some clear deficiencies. More importantly, when things were going wrong for Buffalo, they found the moxy in a preseason game to fight back. I find that very encouraging.

All the places where I felt we really struggled are all areas I feel that this team will be able to improve upon.

I don't feel that Schoebel is a world beater as a DE, however, he is effective and the best that Buffalo has to offer. Put him in the starting lineup, and we'll improve at least a little bit.

Webster looked awful. So what? He's working with a bad hammy, new to this defensive system, getting used to working with the other guys on defense, and working within a defense that relies upon scheming, for which Buffalo had none. On the flip-side, Greer put on an amazing performance. I certainly am not going to proclaim Greer a surefire probowler. Things will level out. Webster will look better next week and Greer will probably be much less spectacular.

The Running game sucked. Yup, pretty much expected that. First live action for a dramatically revamped line. Takes a bit for these guys to get used to working together. JP wasn't continually running for his life on passing plays (high snap play excused) - that was an improvement. I expect to see improvement in the next game. Not only should the line be working together a bit more, but we'll hopefully see Lynch running more with the first stringers.

I enjoy the preseason for the simple reason that you can generally see the progression and improvement from one game to the next in both the individual players and with the team as a whole. I put little stock into win-loss and anything that happens in the second halves. It’s preseason. It’s all about practice and evaluation. Plus it gives us fans a first glimpse of our teams and a chance to get that excitement build up with the anticipation of the regular season. I take it for what it is.

madness
08-12-2007, 08:31 AM
the funny thing is maron and wys are the "writers".. they both jumped all over walkers **** and pissed and moaned on the thread.. clearly they both jump to conclusions and i wouldnt be surprised to hear that they didnt watch the game at all.. just looking for something to complain about.

I know, how anybody can be surprised at this thread is beyond me. The same three people complaing how bad Walker was are the same people who didn't like the signing in the first place. Go figure. I didn't get to go back over the game yet but I didn't see any major flaws by Walker the first time i watched it. If anything, the RG position is where I saw a breakdown on a few plays.

GreedoII
08-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Oh WYS will answer with a 5 page essay he always writes on that AFC EAST Report site which maybe 2 people read. There he won't get *****ed slapped there at least right away.

mysticsoto
08-12-2007, 10:38 AM
BTW, I forgot to mention another thing that I liked about Walker that I saw in the game. Walker was initially listed at 366 lbs!!! He's now down to 345 lbs. That's a pretty significant drop that should help him move better!!! I thought he played very decent - certainly better than rookie Pennington last year, so I only expect him to get better as time passes and he gels with his RG (whoever that may end up being)...

Goobylal
08-12-2007, 10:46 AM
BTW, I forgot to mention another thing that I liked about Walker that I saw in the game. Walker was initially listed at 366 lbs!!! He's now down to 345 lbs.
Where'd you hear that? I saw him listed at 345# last year with the Raiders, but saw that the Bills listed him at 366# after the first OTA. They still have him listed as 366# on the BB.com website.

mysticsoto
08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Where'd you hear that? I saw him listed at 345# last year with the Raiders, but saw that the Bills listed him at 366# after the first OTA. They still have him listed as 366# on the BB.com website.

His weight was mentioned during the game along with the other Olinemen. I hope it was accurate, as it would be a good sign of him placing alot of effort into doing something good this season!

John Doe
08-12-2007, 12:37 PM
His weight was mentioned during the game along with the other Olinemen. I hope it was accurate, as it would be a good sign of him placing alot of effort into doing something good this season!

During the game they also mentioned Jason Whittle's weight at something like 306 and the Bills official website has him at 279!

patmoran2006
08-12-2007, 01:15 PM
that is exactly what i was thinking.. i couldnt have said it better.. the fact that the toolboxes in this thread started it about how bad walker was, and then just got their **** handed to them, its just a joke.. but that pretty much sums up the majority of their posts.. all blowing smoke out of their ass for the most part..
Relax there, chumpstain.

First of all, I NEVER make a comment in any thread and then act "scared" to respond to someone who supposedly proved me wrong.

For another, you're a straight up SORRY HOMER if his play in any way shape, or form made you excited we signed him. $5 million per year for that?? Please, for 5 million a year I want a guy who's going to knock people on his ass. Maybe its acceptable for you to have a 5 million per year tackle who played "fine" because he didnt give up a sack--- which is par for the course on this team sucking for the better part of the last decade.

As far as me not watching the game and/or not knowing what Im talking; on my worst day and your best you'll never hold my jock (dont care how cocky that comes off) when it comes to football- so go back to your 100% 'personal' comments because its the only thing you're any good at.

He played 12 plays.. on the VERY FIRST PASS PLAY of the game he got beat by Grant, which forced Losman into scrambling to the left for his life. When going back and watching the game, I seen two running plays where he didnt touch a single player. On another pass play he fell in front of Grant's feet (Losman got rid of the ball quickly). On another pass play he needed help from a double team. on the last passing play he substained a block.

In a nutshell, I saw NOT A SINGLE thing from him offensively that says "hey this guy is a monster at $5 million, he's worth the money".. To be more specific, In those 12 plays I saw absolutely nothing that Terrence Pennington couldn't have done any better, saving about $4.5 million in the process.

This guy is a peice of ****, and you can bash me all you want right now; but trust me it will be little time before even the most purist of homers will see the exact same thing.

He sucks

billsburgh
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Relax there, chumpstain.

First of all, I NEVER make a comment in any thread and then act "scared" to respond to someone who supposedly proved me wrong.

For another, you're a straight up SORRY HOMER if his play in any way shape, or form made you excited we signed him. $5 million per year for that?? Please, for 5 million a year I want a guy who's going to knock people on his ass. Maybe its acceptable for you to have a 5 million per year tackle who played "fine" because he didnt give up a sack--- which is par for the course on this team sucking for the better part of the last decade.

As far as me not watching the game and/or not knowing what Im talking; on my worst day and your best you'll never hold my jock (dont care how cocky that comes off) when it comes to football- so go back to your 100% 'personal' comments because its the only thing you're any good at.

He played 12 plays.. on the VERY FIRST PASS PLAY of the game he got beat by Grant, which forced Losman into scrambling to the left for his life. When going back and watching the game, I seen two running plays where he didnt touch a single player. On another pass play he fell in front of Grant's feet (Losman got rid of the ball quickly). On another pass play he needed help from a double team. on the last passing play he substained a block.

In a nutshell, I saw NOT A SINGLE thing from him offensively that says "hey this guy is a monster at $5 million, he's worth the money".. To be more specific, In those 12 plays I saw absolutely nothing that Terrence Pennington couldn't have done any better, saving about $4.5 million in the process.

This guy is a peice of ****, and you can bash me all you want right now; but trust me it will be little time before even the most purist of homers will see the exact same thing.

He sucks
why arent you calling out Dockery who is making much more that Walker. In my opinion, Walker played better than Dockery. I didnt see Dockery knocking anyone on their ass. A guard making that much money should be doing so much more according to your logic.

Cntrygal
08-13-2007, 01:57 AM
:tap:

Attack the posts (information IN the posts) - not the actual posters please!

Thanks!!!!! :cheers:

Tatonka
08-13-2007, 06:58 AM
pat sees things that no one else on the board does.. i guess we are all homers and pat and wys are the only people that "see the truth"..

i can understand though.. pat is so smart, that apparently on his worst day.. no one could hold his little jock... ask him.. he will tell you.

:roflmao:

madness
08-13-2007, 08:39 AM
:lolpoint:@ those who said Walker caused JP's scramble. Thanks for you unbiased opinion.

Walker was clearly engaged with his defender when JP went through a quick read, saw that nobody was open and then proceeded to drop back three steps and then curled to the other side. The defender was applying force into the pocket and then changed direction 90 degrees once JP took off. The only thing any lineman could do with his back turned to the QB would be to grab the defender and get flagged for holding.

The video doesn't lie, unfortunately people do.

BillsATL
08-13-2007, 09:00 AM
On that first pass play. Walker was actually pushing Grant to the outside where he should. The snap was bad and to the right. Losman was forced right into where Walker was handling Grant. After JP took a qucik look he spun around and ran back. That is when Grant was able to just step back and get around Walker. If the snap was where it should have been, Walker would have just push Grant to the outside and maintain the pocket for JP.

This was clearly not Walker's fault.

Tatonka
08-13-2007, 10:22 AM
everyone is wrong.. expect pat and his jock.

DraftBoy
08-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Keep it on topic or Ill close the thread..

I didnt see the game but got the impression that Walker played well, not rendering any sacks allowed, did he have any pancackes?

Goobylal
08-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Keep it on topic or Ill close the thread..

I didnt see the game but got the impression that Walker played well, not rendering any sacks allowed, did he have any pancackes?
No, and apparently that's why he sucks.

madness
08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
No, and apparently that's why he sucks.

Whatever, french toast is better anyway. :::

ParanoidAndroid
08-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I watched the infamous shotgun play as well. Walker gives Grant a final punch, Grant goes backwards a step, steps farther to the outside in an effort to get around Walker and JP began his scramble in the other direction. Walker did not miss that block.

Goobylal
08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Maybe it would help Pat if I told him that Walker is #68?

Tatonka
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Maybe it would help Pat if I told him that Walker is #68?

:roflmao:

SquishDaFish
08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
:lmao:

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 07:58 PM
BTW, here's a review from a guy at the BB.com MB who knows his stuff about the O-line:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=5331

Bling
08-15-2007, 08:06 PM
BTW, here's a review from a guy at the BB.com MB who knows his stuff about the O-line:

Knows his stuff? LOL.

patmoran2006
08-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Bookmark this thread and revisit in week 5 and we'll see how many of you are still supporting this useless plyon of ****.

90% of you will be clamoring for Pennington, if its not done already......... And I'll get a kick of the other 10% still trying to justify him.

AT BEST in my very biased opinion, he's as good as Pennington.. Spend that $4.5 million saved between the two on a real DT or second WR... THen again, on this board McCargo, Peerless Price and Jason Webster are just fine.

Bling
08-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the link, Goob. I think I'm going to take a break this Bills Zone, and go hang out with the real homers.

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the link, Goob. I think I'm going to take a break this Bills Zone, and go hang out with the real homers.
You're going back to FinHeaven? :lol:

BTW, this guy played O-line in college and has been dissecting (and lamenting) the Bills' O-line for years now. I trust his opinion FAR more than anyone else on either board and was just waiting for his observations.

Bling
08-15-2007, 08:35 PM
You're going back to FinHeaven? :lol:

BTW, this guy played O-line in college and has been dissecting (and lamenting) the Bills' O-line for years now. I trust his opinion FAR more than anyone else on either board and was just waiting for his observations.

Finheaven is for losers.

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Finheaven is for losers.
On that we agree. But take a closer look at BB.com and you'll see just as many "negs" there as here. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same crew there and here.

patmoran2006
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
On that we agree. But take a closer look at BB.com and you'll see just as many "negs" there as here. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same crew there and here.
Nah, bb.com is horrible.

Depsite my frequent arguements with a lot in here, with VERY few exceptions I enjoy the talk on this board-- even when Im in total disagreement. In fact, usually I like it even more.

Whether its "homer" or "realist" GENERALLY speaking, this is a knowledgable message board.

BILLSROCK1212
08-15-2007, 08:51 PM
I spent about 2 years at BB.com before I found BZ and you can't have normal conversatin there without trolls.

Bling
08-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I spent about 2 years at BB.com before I found BZ and you can't have normal conversatin there without trolls.

Do you consider me a troll?

BILLSROCK1212
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Do you consider me a troll?
naaa and if u r nothing close to the ones on BB.com

Bling
08-15-2007, 09:26 PM
naaa and if u r nothing close to the ones on BB.com

:up:

TacklingDummy
12-19-2007, 10:44 AM

Bump

Romes
12-19-2007, 10:47 AM
he never did block a field goal this year :mad:

Michael82
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
he never did block a field goal this year :mad:
I thought he did.... :scratch:

madness
12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Me too. One in the first few games of the season.

Romes
12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
oh...my bad. good job then, walker :up:

madness
12-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Nevermind, Walker blew his load in the first preseason game against the Saints.

Premature FG blockulation.

Romes
12-19-2007, 11:05 AM
:down: