PDA

View Full Version : I gotta clear something up for the Neg Nancy's

X-Era
08-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Even if we were the WORST team in the damn league, I would STILL love watching Bills football.

Its just that simple.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Even if we were the WORST team in the damn league, I would STILL love watching Bills football.

Its just that simple.

I love watching the Bills. Unfortunately, it's harder moving a playoff team so this time around it's a little different. How old were you in '74 and '84?

I think I've watched alot more "worst team in the league" games than you.

X-Era
08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
I love watching the Bills. Unfortunately, it's harder moving a playoff team so this time around it's a little different. How old were you in '74 and '84?

I think I've watched alot more "worst team in the league" games than you.

I guess that means something.

Your opinion is worth more than mine?

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 10:12 AM

It just means that some of us actually watched the Bills playing when they were the "worst team in the league."

Wys Guy
08-11-2007, 10:18 AM

Its just that simple.

What does that have to do with critiquing the team?

Good for you.

I'll take an opposite position. I'm tired of my team attempting to spoon fed me a 5-gallon pail of diarrhea sprinkled with sugar every season by people getting paid millions candy-coating everything with lip service leading the charge while they tinker with idiotic "reinvent the wheel" philosophies as if they are smarter by half than every successful football coach in the NFL before now.

As for me, no, I really don't enjoy the caliber of football that the Bills provide and most fans don't either which is why our stadium routinely has 10-20K no shows late in the seasons lately.

I don't pay money for slop. I'm not a sugar daddy for the team. They're a business and can earn their own.

I'm also disheartened with an owner that clearly doesn't give two craps about winning as he whines that we don't have enough money to sign players like Clements but then runs out and signs guys like L. Walker to absurdly predictable deals squandering much more than the $1M or so more that it would have taken to sign Clements over Dockery on a per-season basis for the years that either contract will likely be honored.

But I'm happy to hear that that doesn't disturb you. I must be nuts, but to me fans always cared about how well their team(s) played, not merely watching a bunch of guys getting paid millions to run around a grass field merely playing at a level that we're not capable of playing at.

That's exactly why I'm far more excited to go see WVU play this season than I am for the Bills in spite of the fact that I'm not even a WVU fan.

When the Bills begin getting serious about building a winner, then I'll be more serious about giving them the credibility that many seem to believe that they deserve for Wilson's "I don't care about anyone but myself" team.

In the meantime, feel free to shell out as many hundreds or thousands of dollars that you like for what you'll be getting. Heck, send the team a 10K check for funding if that's what floats your boat. That's an individual choice and one that you're free to make and that no one will hinder. My time alone is more valuable than having to waste two days making it up there to watch us get dominated in the fundamentals regularly.

At some point however jp, I have to question your propensity to sit there and take the insults that this organization has implicitly launched at you and others thinking the same way. Don't you expect more? You essentially just said that you don't care if we suck, you're just happy to watch slop mediocre play because the colors and origin of the team are right. At least that's the translation here. No, I can't relate to that at all. I really can't. Particularly not in this era of free agency. 25 years ago, sure, patience was more required. But we don't have the personnel in place either in the FO or elsewhere within the organization, to make decent use of Free Agency.

For this team, it's not nearly as much about money as they'd have you believe. It's about how you spend what you do spend, how you assess players here and players brought on, and how you adhere to concepts that are entirely responsible for building NFL championship teams.

Unfortunately we filed for intellectual chapter 7 on all three of those areas a long time ago as a franchise and just about all of it stems from the single person that many hale as something other than what he is, namely Ralph Wilson.

Not angry, not upset, just pointing out the facts. I am a little perplexed at how many people that call themselves fans continually sit still for Wilson's implicit cold slaps to their faces.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2007, 10:21 AM

Its just that simple.

there were times when we were the "Siberia of the NFL" and i'm still here.

duhbilz
08-11-2007, 10:40 AM

I don't see anyone knocking your view of the team, why knock someone elses? You don't honestly think everyone sees things the same as you, do you? I think constuctive criticism is good. Besides there are far more good posts then bad ones, so why even stress the bad ones?

PECKERWOOD
08-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Let's face it, if your a Bills fan it means your unique and loyal. Not many other people would root for a team that has had so many losing seasons but that doesn't bother us at all. I'm with jp, I love watching Bills football period and I'm not going to run away if we start to lose but I'm just hoping we can get our winning name back.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Let's face it, if your a Bills fan it means your unique and loyal. Not many other people would root for a team that has had so many losing seasons but that doesn't bother us at all.

it bothers all of us but some more than others.i hate ****ing losing. :mad:

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 10:54 AM
critiquing the first preseason game? :roflmao:

the first preseason game is nothing more than dipping your foot into the pool to see how cold it is.

I'm sure the saints are gonna suck after losing 2 preseason games. Sheez.

X-Era
08-11-2007, 10:55 AM
It just means that some of us actually watched the Bills playing when they were the "worst team in the league."

And I hope you had a smile while you were able to watch your team.

X-Era
08-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't see anyone knocking your view of the team, why knock someone elses? You don't honestly think everyone sees things the same as you, do you? I think constuctive criticism is good. Besides there are far more good posts then bad ones, so why even stress the bad ones?

I must have missed where I knocked someone opinion...link?

HAMMER
08-11-2007, 11:04 AM

the first preseason game is nothing more than dipping your foot into the pool to see how cold it is.

The Saints fans must be ready to jump off a bridge, after playing in the NFC championship game they have lost two right out of the gate. OHHHHHHH, that's right, it's preseason. LOL at the doomsday douchers.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:05 AM
The Saints fans must be ready to jump off a bridge, after playing in the NFC championship game they have lost two right out of the gate. OHHHHHHH, that's right, it's preseason. LOL at the doomsday douchers.
the Patriots lose. Bills are gonna win the AFCE. The first prseason game results says so.

duhbilz
08-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I must have missed where I knocked someone opinion...link?

Link???? This thread, you have an issue with peoples negative opinions. Proof, the "Negative Nacy" thread title and your first post in this thread. What are you missing? Some people see the same tendencies, some don't, it's just opinions and there are far more good opinions then bad ones. So why focus on the bad ones? It's like no matter what, you only want to read positive posts, well that's your choice, but not realistic. So just ignore the negative posts and you'll get what you want.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Link???? This thread, you have an issue with peoples negative opinions. Proof, the "Negative Nacy" thread title and your first post in this thread. What are you missing? Some people see the same tendencies, some don't, it's just opinions and there are far more good opinions then bad ones. So why focus on the bad ones? It's like no matter what, you only want to read positive posts, well that's your choice, but not realistic. So just ignore the negative posts and you'll get what you want.

Aren't you justatroll here to smack?

X-Era
08-11-2007, 11:09 AM
I really don't enjoy the caliber of football that the Bills provide and most fans don't either which is why our stadium routinely has 10-20K no shows late in the seasons lately.

- We have had alot of sellouts in the past few years, this just isnt an accurate depiction of whether fans want to watch the Bills or not.

I agree that we havent been as successfull as we would all like. I choose not to dwell on that and look forward to seeing the next games and to a brighter future.

No, I wont put anything into a damn exhibition game. I wont, period. Its illogical at best to assume that what we see in our first preseason game is a predictor to our seasons results.

As far as questioning me and my opinions, I honestly dont care what you think. I say that with no anger or nastiness, just an utter disregard for whether you think Im the right type of fan or not.

As for whether Im wasting my money, I will do just fine with my money thanks. Choose not to go and pay to watch? your choice. Id offer that I will enjoy the game even MORE without boo'ers suroounding me. So thats just fine by me to.

Id offer that your comments seem to show a dislike for the team rather than a love, not sure why you still "root" for them then.

Id also offer that trying to change the fortunes of the Bills by critiquing on a message board is like trying to change the world from your Ipod.

All of this matter little, The Bills will still play, I will still watch, I will still enjoy it, and all the negative comments in the world wont change that.

Finally, I appreciate EVERYONES comments here, I have been both critical at times and homerish at times, a search of my comments last year would show this. The data is there if you choose to look it up, without it, your opinion of my fanhood is like a rattling door to an empty house.

X-Era
08-11-2007, 11:12 AM

Re-read please.

I gotta clear something up for the Neg Nanncys...I then state that I will continue to like them and enjoy them. So, I made clear that it doesnt matter how bad we play, I will always enjoy watching the Bills. Im waiting to see where I made any judgement on anyone elses opinions. It was alot of "I's" and NO discussion on anyone else. Thats not any issue with anyone else, its a simple statement about what I think, thats it, nothing else.

duhbilz
08-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Aren't you justatroll here to smack?

I'm sorry, who are you???

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry, who are you???

another troll. there's only room for 1 :negrep:

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 11:37 AM

We might as well just shut down the site than.

Please, everybody, no more comments on last night's game. Justasportsfan has better topics for us all to discuss. Praise Justa.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:39 AM
We might as well just shut down the site than.

Please, everybody, no more comments on last night's game. Justasportsfan has better topics for us all to discuss. Praise Justa.

you got that right!

HHURRICANE
08-11-2007, 11:40 AM
you got that right!

Wow!

X-Era
08-11-2007, 11:42 AM
What does that have to do with critiquing the team?

Good for you.

I'll take an opposite position. I'm tired of my team attempting to spoon fed me a 5-gallon pail of diarrhea sprinkled with sugar every season by people getting paid millions candy-coating everything with lip service leading the charge while they tinker with idiotic "reinvent the wheel" philosophies as if they are smarter by half than every successful football coach in the NFL before now.

As for me, no, I really don't enjoy the caliber of football that the Bills provide and most fans don't either which is why our stadium routinely has 10-20K no shows late in the seasons lately.

I don't pay money for slop. I'm not a sugar daddy for the team. They're a business and can earn their own.

I'm also disheartened with an owner that clearly doesn't give two craps about winning as he whines that we don't have enough money to sign players like Clements but then runs out and signs guys like L. Walker to absurdly predictable deals squandering much more than the $1M or so more that it would have taken to sign Clements over Dockery on a per-season basis for the years that either contract will likely be honored.

But I'm happy to hear that that doesn't disturb you. I must be nuts, but to me fans always cared about how well their team(s) played, not merely watching a bunch of guys getting paid millions to run around a grass field merely playing at a level that we're not capable of playing at.

That's exactly why I'm far more excited to go see WVU play this season than I am for the Bills in spite of the fact that I'm not even a WVU fan.

When the Bills begin getting serious about building a winner, then I'll be more serious about giving them the credibility that many seem to believe that they deserve for Wilson's "I don't care about anyone but myself" team.

In the meantime, feel free to shell out as many hundreds or thousands of dollars that you like for what you'll be getting. Heck, send the team a 10K check for funding if that's what floats your boat. That's an individual choice and one that you're free to make and that no one will hinder. My time alone is more valuable than having to waste two days making it up there to watch us get dominated in the fundamentals regularly.

At some point however jp, I have to question your propensity to sit there and take the insults that this organization has implicitly launched at you and others thinking the same way. Don't you expect more? You essentially just said that you don't care if we suck, you're just happy to watch slop mediocre play because the colors and origin of the team are right. At least that's the translation here. No, I can't relate to that at all. I really can't. Particularly not in this era of free agency. 25 years ago, sure, patience was more required. But we don't have the personnel in place either in the FO or elsewhere within the organization, to make decent use of Free Agency.

For this team, it's not nearly as much about money as they'd have you believe. It's about how you spend what you do spend, how you assess players here and players brought on, and how you adhere to concepts that are entirely responsible for building NFL championship teams.

Unfortunately we filed for intellectual chapter 7 on all three of those areas a long time ago as a franchise and just about all of it stems from the single person that many hale as something other than what he is, namely Ralph Wilson.

Not angry, not upset, just pointing out the facts. I am a little perplexed at how many people that call themselves fans continually sit still for Wilson's implicit cold slaps to their faces.

Just to be fair and balanced, I will make my assessment on the Bills:

In the SB years we were all world on O, and mediocre on D...that didnt get it done
We then made bad QB choice after bad choice:
Todd Collins
AVP
Billy Joe
RJ
Flutie
Drew

We also made questionable RB choices:

Darrick Holmes
Antwoian Smith
Travis Henry
Willis McGahee

We also seemed to make bad personnel decisions we paid too much for the following:

John Holecek
Ken Irvin
Joe Panos
Drew
RJ
Reyes
London Fletcher
Troy Vincent

We also let good guys go that we shouldnt have:

Jennings
Pat Williams
Ted Washington
Antwoine Winfield
Chris Spielman? cant remember if we let him go or he retired

WE screwed up at coaching:
Wade Philips
Joe Pendry
Dan Henning
Kevin Gilbride
Gregg Williams
Mularkey
Tom Clements

We also let good coaches go:
Marchibroda
Ted Cotrell
Dick LeBeau
Jerry Gray

I would say that we never managed to have the right mix in the past decade. We werent stable enough, and our QB choices cost us plenty.

That said, I honestly think we may have found the QB we need. I like our youth movement because they stay healthier, play faster, but make dumb mistakes. I think we may have the RB we need. I think our most important thing is the stability of our coaching in terms of little to no changes, the schemes are the same, that works to fix the learning curve problem that we faced as well. I like what Jauron did with keeping the team cohesive and playing hard last year. I love what McNally has done with Peters. I really like who we signed in FA.

Could we have spent all world money? yes. Would it have helped? not so sure. I honestly think the Pats will underachieve this year. I honestly think we will overachieve.

Thats some of my thoughts. But after that painfully long offseason, Im happy to again be watching football and my beloved Bills.