PDA

View Full Version : Stinkin Fish and Jags official game thread.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Trent Green gets sacked 4 times :D

FinFaninBuffalo
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Trent Green gets sacked 4 times :D

He could get sacked 100 times and it won't matter because they didn't "game plan", or they weren't really trying, or some other excuse. Just ask some of your fellow Bills fans. Oh wait, I'm sure that won't apply to the Fins.

justasportsfan
08-11-2007, 06:16 PM
He could get sacked 100 times and it won't matter because they didn't "game plan", or they weren't really trying, or some other excuse. Just ask some of your fellow Bills fans. Oh wait, I'm sure that won't apply to the Fins.
we won :snicker:

camelcowboy
08-11-2007, 06:22 PM
He could get sacked 100 times and it won't matter because they didn't "game plan", or they weren't really trying, or some other excuse. Just ask some of your fellow Bills fans. Oh wait, I'm sure that won't apply to the Fins. calm down fishy its only one preseason game for both squads. nothing to get fired up over yet.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-11-2007, 06:51 PM
calm down fishy its only one preseason game for both squads. nothing to get fired up over yet.

You must not be listening. Some of the members here have Poz in the HOF.

camelcowboy
08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
You must not be listening. Some of the members here have Poz in the HOF. i was listening thats why i said for both teams its only been one game. Im not going nuts for poz against 2nd,3rd stringers, dont worry about green getting sacked four times. Beside that first string defense of the jags can make any o-line look bad. Keep in mind its not that bills fans are excited that poz is a "hall of famer" it just we hope takes the job from degorio because he's didn't do that hot last night.

Static
08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
So far the D looks the same, but unfortunately so does the Offense...Green is getting pressured far to much, Hagan has made some nice catches, Ginn has been un impressive.Our D does have 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble. it is half time now 10-3 Jags.

raphael120
08-11-2007, 08:18 PM
homers and haters unite!

Miami is stinkin up the joint! Trent Green...AAHAHAHAHAHA

Static
08-11-2007, 08:31 PM
74 yard TD run for Jesse Chatman. :up:

dolphan117
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Well its only pre-season but its still a win

dolphan117
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Offensive line didn't impress though, going to take some time with all the new guys and shuffling there.

Goobylal
08-11-2007, 10:10 PM
The Dolphins will be the worst team in the NFL. That's based on the first pre-season game. That's what Bling and FFIB have told us.

Al13
08-11-2007, 10:41 PM
ok

Bling
08-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Offensive line looked like they did last year. They had something to prove, and I'm not impressed.

Besides that, Ted Ginn looks like a real stud in this league. Jesse Chatman is going to be good, and it's going to be sad watching Patrick Cobb go on waivers. Hopefully he passes, and goes to the PS. PK Sam would be a great receiver if he could actually run. Cleo Lemon should start, he's an absolute stud, and Beck looks great for a rookie.

HHURRICANE
08-12-2007, 10:27 AM
I haven't watched the game yet but if you let your starting QB get sacked 4 ttimes in a meaningless pre-season game than either the coach needs to get shot or the O-line is really, really, bad.

justasportsfan
08-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Offensive line didn't impress though, going to take some time with all the new guys and shuffling there.
but according to FFIB your OL is already better.

Bling
08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I haven't watched the game yet but if you let your starting QB get sacked 4 ttimes in a meaningless pre-season game than either the coach needs to get shot or the O-line is really, really, bad.

To be honest, I don't remember Green get sacked 4 times. There was some major pressure, but 4 times? I don't remember that.

And like I thought, justa is completely wrong..

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20070811_JAC@MIA

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
T.Green 15 6 60 2/10 0 30 1 24.3

2 sacks for 10 yards.

Bling
08-12-2007, 10:33 AM

And Lynch looked incredible with his 2 carries for 3 yards... People say all kinds of things. It's realist like myself you need to listen to.

Goobylal
08-12-2007, 10:38 AM
And Lynch looked incredible with his 2 carries for 3 yards... People say all kinds of things. It's realist like myself you need to listen to.
LMMFAO! If that wasn't already enough of a laugher of a statement, this surely is:

Offensive line looked like they did last year. They had something to prove, and I'm not impressed.

Besides that, Ted Ginn looks like a real stud in this league. Jesse Chatman is going to be good, and it's going to be sad watching Patrick Cobb go on waivers. Hopefully he passes, and goes to the PS. PK Sam would be a great receiver if he could actually run. Cleo Lemon should start, he's an absolute stud, and Beck looks great for a rookie.

Bling
08-12-2007, 10:41 AM
LMMFAO! If that wasn't already enough of a laugher of a statement, this surely is:

Goob, I'm going to give you one chance. One chance to prove you're a valuable member to this board. Prove me, Bling, wrong. Show me how those statements were wrong, and pure homer statements.

If you can't, do yourself the favor and not reply to my posts. I have no problem ignoring people that only post hate, and have no substance behind their stalkerish posts.

justasportsfan
08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
If I had to listen to you I'd be *****ing about our draft and calling him the real deal after 1 catch for 9 yards.

BTW, I heard that finfans started boooing their team. Man, you guys are living up to your image as one of the most faitweathered fans in the entire NFL. This means empty seats again and no hometown advantage this season.

HHURRICANE
08-12-2007, 10:44 AM
From the Sentinal:

The lack of blocking up front certainly didn't help a rusty, out-of-sync Green, whose most notable accomplishment in his Dolphins debut was merely surviving a brutal first half in which he completed 6 of 15 passes for 60 yards and a 24.3 passer rating, while fumbling and getting sacked twice.

The ever-evolving starting offensive line was ineffective as starting right guard Rex Hadnot, first-time starting right tackle Anthony Alabi, rookie center Samson Satele and rookie left guard Drew Mormino seemed to be overmatched at times against the Jaguars' second-ranked defense. They provided no creases for starting running back Ronnie Brown (8 yards on eight carries) to slither through.

Starting left tackle Vernon Carey didn't make it to the second quarter after crumpling to the ground clutching his right knee after blocking for Brown on a sweep with 5:53 left in the first quarter. Cameron said after the game that "he'd be fine."

Bling
08-12-2007, 10:48 AM
If I had to listen to you I'd be *****ing about our draft and calling him the real deal after 1 catch for 9 yards.

BTW, I heard that finfans started boooing their team. Man, you guys are living up to your image as one of the most faitweathered fans in the entire NFL. This means empty seats again and no hometown advantage this season.

I *****ed about us going for Ginn instead of Quinn. I've accepted my team's choice, and hope they prove me wrong. So far I'm happy with Ginn. Last night Ginn wasn't the problem. He turned a 15 yard KR into a 25 yard KR. He was a Green pass away from a 30 yard pass. Calvin Johnson went 2 rec for 45 yards, I'm not worried. Ginn isn't the problem, Green's play was.

I was at the game, I don't remember significant booing. We booed once, and that was when we received the ball on the 30 then moved backwards through poor o-line blocking only to I think fumble it back. It was at the end of the first half. But hey, we don't accept mediocrity. We don't crown our teams best 7-9 team in the league after 1 game. We strive for more.

Goobylal
08-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Goob, I'm going to give you one chance. One chance to prove you're a valuable member to this board. Prove me, Bling, wrong. Show me how those statements were wrong, and pure homer statements.
Ginn looks like a "real stud" in this league, based on his pathetic 18.7 yards per kickoff return and 1 catch for 9 yards? And Cleo Lemon is a stud as well? C'mon man! No one said that Lynch was going to be a stud after his short but ho-hum performance on Friday night.

If you can't, do yourself the favor and not reply to my posts. I have no problem ignoring people that only post hate, and have no substance behind their stalkerish posts.
Once again, don't flatter yourself. And shall we revisit the Culpepper debate we had LAST year? How about the Green debate we had earlier this year? Looks like my prediction on him is coming true as well.

That is, IF you put a lot of stock into the first pre-season game.

Bling
08-12-2007, 10:52 AM
From the Sentinal:

The lack of blocking up front certainly didn't help a rusty, out-of-sync Green, whose most notable accomplishment in his Dolphins debut was merely surviving a brutal first half in which he completed 6 of 15 passes for 60 yards and a 24.3 passer rating, while fumbling and getting sacked twice.

The ever-evolving starting offensive line was ineffective as starting right guard Rex Hadnot, first-time starting right tackle Anthony Alabi, rookie center Samson Satele and rookie left guard Drew Mormino seemed to be overmatched at times against the Jaguars' second-ranked defense. They provided no creases for starting running back Ronnie Brown (8 yards on eight carries) to slither through.

Starting left tackle Vernon Carey didn't make it to the second quarter after crumpling to the ground clutching his right knee after blocking for Brown on a sweep with 5:53 left in the first quarter. Cameron said after the game that "he'd be fine."

Exactly what I said. O-line looked horrible against the Jag's beast of a line. No holes at all for Ronnie, and limited protection for Green. We can get away with it playing teams with bad DL, but we aren't going to get away with it when we play teams with a good overall DL. It's a nice young O-line, and they maybe good next year, but they will struggle this year.

justasportsfan
08-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I *****ed about us going for Ginn instead of Quinn. I've accepted my team's choice, and hope they prove me wrong. So far I'm happy with Ginn. Last night Ginn wasn't the problem. He turned a 15 yard KR into a 25 yard KR. He was a Green pass away from a 30 yard pass. Calvin Johnson went 2 rec for 45 yards, I'm not worried. Ginn isn't the problem, Green's play was.

I was at the game, I don't remember significant booing. We booed once, and that was when we received the ball on the 30 then moved backwards through poor o-line blocking only to I think fumble it back. It was at the end of the first half. But hey, we don't accept mediocrity. We don't crown our teams best 7-9 team in the league after 1 game. We strive for more.

So *****ing soon after the draft is a realistic way of doing things or is it changing your mind later ?

I have yet to see anyone claim we are the best team after 1 preseason game.

Bills are SB bound! Woohooo! ;)

BTW, not that you would know unless you went there with your family , but I miss the Ale House on Davie Blvd. Loved getting into it with fins players who hang out there.

Bling
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Ginn looks like a "real stud" in this league, based on his pathetic 18.7 yards per kickoff return and 1 catch for 9 yards?

Did you watch the game? The guys stretches the field, and demands respect. He's going to abuse Jason Webster and Ashton Youboty (his former teammate).

And Cleo Lemon is a stud as well? C'mon man!

Yep... you didn't watch the game. Guy is a great backup for us.

No one said that Lynch was going to be a stud after his short but ho-hum performance on Friday night.

:rofl:

Once again, don't flatter yourself. And shall we revisit the Culpepper debate we had LAST year? How about the Green debate we had earlier this year? Looks like my prediction on him is coming true as well.

This is what scares me about you. I didn't even know you existed till this year, and we're having debates about Culpepper last year? Really? I'd like to see these threads you talk about. I don't even remember if justa and I talked about Culpepper last year. I don't even remember having Green debates. I always wanted Carr instead.

Please do give me the threads. Provide me with 3 threads where we debated, and I'll give you 1000 ZBs.

Goobylal
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Exactly what I said. O-line looked horrible against the Jag's beast of a line. No holes at all for Ronnie, and limited protection for Green. We can get away with it playing teams with bad DL....
Yep, that's "striving for more."

Bling
08-12-2007, 11:00 AM
So *****ing soon after the draft is a realistic way of doing things or is it changing your mind later ?

I prefer it to waiting too long on someone that isn't panning out. I'm a firm believer in "I'll believe when I see it." You sound like a firm believer in "Just give him another chance, coach." That's your thing, fine.

BTW, not that you would know unless you went there with your family , but I miss the Ale House on Davie Blvd. Loved getting into it with fins players who hang out there.

I know where you're talking about, but I don't go to bars to watch Dolphin games. I watch at home, and I watch at the stadium. :D

Bling
08-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Yep, that's "striving for more."

You don't think bad O-lines matchup well with D-lines that feature losing their best DT to contract disputes, overpaying one DE, a constantly injured bust, and a suspended thug? Like I said, this BS play can be ok against ****ty DLs, but when you look this bad against bad DLs, it's going to be a long year for that unit.

justasportsfan
08-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I prefer it to waiting too long on someone that isn't panning out. I'm a firm believer in "I'll believe when I see it." You sound like a firm believer in "Just give him another chance, coach." That's your thing, fine.

It's not about me .You said I should listen to you, a realist and not FFIB. So if I were to listen to you, I'll ***** of the bat about draft picks. ;)

Actually in case you missed it,my " wait and see " approach means I'd rather see it to believe it. You sound defensive .

BTW, the Jags DL couldn't do squat against us last year

SB , here we come !!!!!!!!!

Goobylal
08-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Did you watch the game? The guys stretches the field, and demands respect. He's going to abuse Jason Webster and Ashton Youboty (his former teammate).
I'll wait for it to happen first. That is, IF the Bills' ST's don't take him out on returns.

Yep... you didn't watch the game. Guy is a great backup for us.
Sorry, I didn't know you meant a "stud" backup. Except if he were to play in games, he wouldn't be playing AGAINST backups.

I know I didn't. Maybe some others did, but I doubt it was very many.

This is what scares me about you. I didn't even know you existed till this year, and we're having debates about Culpepper last year? Really? I'd like to see these threads you talk about. I don't even remember if justa and I talked about Culpepper last year. I don't even remember having Green debates. I always wanted Carr instead.

Please do give me the threads. Provide me with 3 threads where we debated, and I'll give you 1000 ZBs.
I'll try to find them. It might take some time without a decent search function on this board.

Goobylal
08-12-2007, 11:13 AM
You don't think bad O-lines matchup well with D-lines that feature losing their best DT to contract disputes, overpaying one DE, a constantly injured bust, and a suspended thug? Like I said, this BS play can be ok against ****ty DLs, but when you look this bad against bad DLs, it's going to be a long year for that unit.
Wait, WHAT did the Dols do against the Bills' ****ty DL LAST YEAR? Remember that was the first year of the new scheme, with Williams as a rookie, McCargo out in the 2nd game, and WITHOUT the Dols playing 2 rookies on their OL.

duhbilz
08-12-2007, 12:47 PM
C'mon man! No one said that Lynch was going to be a stud after his short but ho-hum performance on Friday night.

I'm not defending a fan from another team, but the Bill fans have beem calling Lynch a stud since day one, they think he will do things for Buffalo McGahee could never do and while that may happen, there's no proof nof that yet. Fans are fans everywhere. It's just the way it is.

HHURRICANE
08-12-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm not defending a fan from another team, but the Bill fans have beem calling Lynch a stud since day one, they think he will do things for Buffalo McGahee could never do and while that may happen, there's no proof nof that yet. Fans are fans everywhere. It's just the way it is.

Let me give you the flip side. We've had plenty of Miami fans coming over and saying that their O-line was as good or better than the Bills even though most of the free world knows this not to be true.

I haven't been going over to "finheavin" saying that Lynch is better than Ronnie Brown.

That's the difference.

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2007, 12:57 PM
From the Sentinal:

duhbilz
08-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Let me give you the flip side. We've had plenty of Miami fans coming over and saying that their O-line was as good or better than the Bills even though most of the free world knows this not to be true.

I haven't been going over to "finheavin" saying that Lynch is better than Ronnie Brown.

That's the difference.

Well who cares, it's way too early to know anything about any team. I'd say it will be close the 3/4 of the way through the regular season before any questions are answered, due to injuries and continuity. Not the first preseason games of the year. This kinda of samck talk goes on every year, you aren't use to it by now??

justasportsfan
08-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I'd say it will be close the 3/4 of the way through the regular season before any questions are answered, due to injuries and continuity.

I agree. We won't know who will be on top of the AFCE til then. Pats, Bills or jets :up:

duhbilz
08-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I agree. We won't know who will be on top of the AFCE til then. Pats, Bills or jets :up:

Could be.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-12-2007, 04:53 PM
The Dolphins will be the worst team in the NFL. That's based on the first pre-season game. That's what Bling and FFIB have told us.

I have not made a single prediction of how the Bills will do in the regular season. I was merely commenting on what I say from the starters in a single preseason game. I leave it to others to get all frantic over one game.

I didn't get to see the Fins, but from what I have read and reviewing the game log, I'm sure they did not look good. It sounds like the OL and Trent Green struggled badly. No need to sugar coat it, no need to panic. It is what it is.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-12-2007, 04:56 PM

Where did I say that? I merely said the the Fins OL was better last season and that both teams have made attempts to improve. Nothing but facts, but some Bills fans are not real fond of facts, they'd rather rant instead.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM

The Bills had most of their home games blacked out last season. Apparently Bills fans want to challenge for that honor.

Bling
08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
The Bills had most of their home games blacked out last season. Apparently Bills fans want to challenge for that honor.

Great point. I can't believe I missed that. justa got owned.

PECKERWOOD
08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
homers and haters unite!

Miami is stinkin up the joint! Trent Green...AAHAHAHAHAHA

I'l drink to that! :beer:

PECKERWOOD
08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
FinFanInBuffalo can go away anytime now. Talk about annoying.

!Papacrunk!
08-12-2007, 07:16 PM

agree or disagree he has just as much right to be here as you do. A suggestion or two--if you don't like his posting, simply put him on ignore, or take your squabbles to PM. Not a complex thing brudda

PECKERWOOD
08-12-2007, 07:19 PM
agree or disagree he has just as much right to be here as you do. A suggestion or two--if you don't like his posting, simply put him on ignore, or take your squabbles to PM. Not a complex thing brudda

It's all good bro. He just likes to talk smack about Bills fans and other posters here. How we raise our players on a pedestal and blah blah. I'm just saying, if he don't like it, he can leave. Nobody is forcing him to stay here at all.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-13-2007, 08:20 AM

:cry: