X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreedoII
    • Aug 2007

Some People Are Funny....

Some of you people do realize that the starters only had 12 offensive plays right???? The Saints held on to the ball it seemd forever in the first quarter in a half. Not much can be gauged on 2 stupid drives of 12 plays. So before everybody starts whining about Walkers turnstyle tendancies at RT and Lynch's hesitation on hitting the hole on 2 freakin carries, its all means nothing. if the D could make a stop early i'm sure we could have seen more of these guys.

Give it a rest Weiler and the rest of you know it all "journalists"
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Some People Are Funny....

Originally posted by GreedoII
    Some of you people do realize that the starters only had 12 offensive plays right???? The Saints held on to the ball it seemd forever in the first quarter in a half. Not much can be gauged on 2 stupid drives of 12 plays. So before everybody starts whining about Walkers turnstyle tendancies at RT and Lynch's hesitation on hitting the hole on 2 freakin carries, its all means nothing. if the D could make a stop early i'm sure we could have seen more of these guys.

Give it a rest Weiler and the rest of you know it all "journalists"

welcome !!!!!!!!!!!

well said!!!!!!!!

There were doomsday people before camp even started. I'm not surprised they are finding things to complain in the first preseason game .

Marv's 90's was one of the worst in preseason games. The main focus of preseason games is to find out which players we keep. IT's A TRYOUT .
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      There were doomsday people before camp even started. I'm not surprised they are finding things to complain in the first preseason game .
      Dude, now your pissing me off. Because McCargo and DiGiorgio looked like crap that means that everyone who comments on it is a "doomsdayer."

Last I looked nobody has predicted 2 wins for the season based on the 1st pre-seaon game.

The world according to you is pretty boring.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Dude, now your pissing me off. Because McCargo and DiGiorgio looked like crap that means that everyone who comments on it is a "doomsdayer."

Last I looked nobody has predicted 2 wins for the season based on the 1st pre-seaon game.

The world according to you is pretty boring.
        Didnt really see McCargo, but Im excited to give Poz the start...soon. What I did see is what a fat bastard Tim Anderson is, hes a tub of dogcrap.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Dude, now your pissing me off.
          YOU'RE .

Stop overeacting will ya!

Originally posted by HURRICANE
          Because McCargo and DiGiorgio looked like crap that means that everyone who comments on it is a "doomsdayer."

The world according to you is pretty boring
          Lee Evans sucked too . Not concerned about it. Not everyone will look good out there.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

well i would rather draw conclusions for the whole season and the validity of my entire life based on those plays thank you very much
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Lee Evans sucked too . Not concerned about it. Not everyone will look good out there.
              You obviously haven't figured out the difference have you? We know Evans is a player and can contribute.

Players like McCargo and DiGiorgio, projected starters and keys to our D, haven't shown a thing yet. So the bar is quite a bit higher for them. The fact that McCrago came out looking so disguntling overweight and got man-handled doesn't say much for our ablitiy to be any better than we were last year.

All the praise for DiGiorgio and he was out of position, slow, and miseed a bunch of tackles.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

You obviously haven't figured out the difference have you? We know Evans is a player and can contribute.

Players like McCargo and DiGiorgio, projected starters and keys to our D, haven't shown a thing yet. So the bar is quite a bit higher for them. The fact that McCrago came out looking so disguntling overweight and got man-handled doesn't say much for our ablitiy to be any better than we were last year.

All the praise for DiGiorgio and he was out of position, slow, and miseed a bunch of tackles.
                Panic all you want after 1 preseason game.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Panic all you want after 1 preseason game.
                  It's not panic, it's an observation. Where you impressed with DiGiorgio or McCargo?

Comment

• GreedoII
                    • Aug 2007

I wasn't super impressed with the D but it made plays when it needed to. The offense did not have enough time on the field so i can't make any real judgements myself. it was real vanilla as well. NO wanted to open it up a bit i think since they had their vanilla last week. The 2 things though that stood out was 1 penalty and poz's abilty to basically tackle everything in site....he could be a good one. It's refreshing to see that at least this coaching staff is organized in what they want to do. At least in terms of what this team had in those two dopes Williams and Mularkey.

DiGorgio/Leonhard are just not good enough, but we are stuck with them i suppose in terms of depth.

McCargo just needs to play more before bust is his name....

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

It's not panic, it's an observation. Where you impressed with DiGiorgio or McCargo?

3 points is all they scored against our first team. Don't forget, we had Powell in there against their first team too. I wasn't impressed and I wasn't disappointed. DiG, Mcargo , Lee, Webster etc.etc. didn't bother me. It's the first preseason game. I wouldn't put much stock into it. You on the other hand keep repeating yourself about DiG and NcCargo.

You want to talk about Lee Evans and last year? McCargo and DiG got better as time went on last year. All of a sudden you forgot about that.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

You just can't put common sense into some people. When we're in mini camps they say it's only mini camp wait until training camp. When training camp gets there they say it's only training camp wait until the preseason. When preseason gets here and the same players still suck they say it's only preseaon wait till the regular season starts cause you can't judge a player from there. When the regular season starts they will say it's still early and to wait till further towards the end of the season. When that point comes then it becomes wait till next year because of blah blah blah.

Had McCargo had 2 sacks and disrupted the DL and DiGorgio had 2 sacks, 4 tackles, one for a loss and an interception they would be raving about how great they were and it doesn't matter if it's preseason. Had Walker played like Orlando Pace and was pancaking DL all over the place they would be saying that they told you so and it was all of Oakland's fault they he gave up almost 12 sacks last season.

You should know by now that preseason only means something if the player they want to believe is a good player does good but if they don't then it's only preseason. If sometime during this preseason DiGorgio, Walker or McCargo happens to look like even an average NFL player, even if it's only for a short period of time during the game, they will be raving about how great they played and they told everybody so.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                          You just can't put common sense into some people. When we're in mini camps they say it's only mini camp wait until training camp. When training camp gets there they say it's only training camp wait until the preseason. When preseason gets here and the same players still suck they say it's only preseaon wait till the regular season starts cause you can't judge a player from there. When the regular season starts they will say it's still early and to wait till further towards the end of the season. When that point comes then it becomes wait till next year because of blah blah blah.

Had McCargo had 2 sacks and disrupted the DL and DiGorgio had 2 sacks, 4 tackles, one for a loss and an interception they would be raving about how great they were and it doesn't matter if it's preseason. Had Walker played like Orlando Pace and was pancaking DL all over the place they would be saying that they told you so and it was all of Oakland's fault they he gave up almost 12 sacks last season.

You should know by now that preseason only means something if the player they want to believe is a good player does good but if they don't then it's only preseason. If sometime during this preseason DiGorgio, Walker or McCargo happens to look like even an average NFL player, even if it's only for a short period of time during the game, they will be raving about how great they played and they told everybody so.
                          Totally 100% agree. Great post.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21

It's a tryout. If DiG sucks and Poz continues to step up, that's a good thing. At least we know who's suppose to be our starter. INstead of harping about how DiG sucks why not harp into the fact that we know that Poz is the man. Pissing and moaning about the negative in that situation is just stupid.

Yes, it's only camp and it's only preseason.

You are gonna expect some players to suck here and there especially when the saints are all out against a team that's playing vanilla but it doesn't mean it's gonna be that way always. If you can't understand that. nothing I can do.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• bills_7
                              TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                              • Mar 2004

josh reed looked great! lol but im not gna sit here and say he's gna be the number 2 guy.. its only 1 pre season game

side note what u guys that of this.. evans parrish reed price aiken? in order

Comment

Working...
                              X