X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Ko Simpson's tackling has improved

i dont know if anyone has noted it yet, but in last nights game, i thought ko simpson has clearly improved his tackling. last season, that was my biggest complaint about him.. he was taking bad angles and he wasnt in position to make good solid tackles.. i thought he looked very good wrapping guys up and getting them down last night.. including bush.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • ZacGriffi~82
    • Jun 2003

Re: Ko Simson's tackling has improved

Definately. He also cracked that guy in the back of the endzone. Maybe a little helmet to helmet but i like having a safety back there that strikes fear in the opponent.
    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Ko Simpson's tackling has improved

Good to hear on the tackling and as long as he's not too overly aggressive with his tackling then Ill take a big bopper in the defensive backfield
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

That wasn't Ko, it was Donte Whitner. or so the idiot announcers kept saying over and over.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

That open-field tackle on Bush was something only a few players can do.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

he also put a shot on henderson in the endzone that prevented a td and left henderson on a knee for quite a while.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
              That wasn't Ko, it was Donte Whitner. or so the idiot announcers kept saying over and over.
              Them saying that at the start really set the tempo of crappy annoucing.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                • Jan 2006

Totally agree...that open field tackle on Bush was huge. Bush was really ticked off he was brought down. The idiot commentators even made a specific remark about it (i.e. Reggie still not used to being taken down in open space since leaving USC).

Whitner and Simpson vs. Taylor and Landry -- which is the top backfield duo? I think this could be a solid debate this year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I think Simpson was still out of position in pass D but I agree that his tackling was much better. That stick he put on Bush in open field was nothing short of amazing. I hope someone puts that on Youtube or something.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i dont know if anyone has noted it yet, but in last nights game, i thought ko simpson has clearly improved his tackling. last season, that was my biggest complaint about him.. he was taking bad angles and he wasnt in position to make good solid tackles.. i thought he looked very good wrapping guys up and getting them down last night.. including bush.
                    I noticed this myself. Last year he may have been the worst tackler in the league.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

The way it looks to me alot of RB's will get past are front so WHITNER and SIMPSON are going to have a BOAT LOAD of tackles this year.....SO YEA I hope Simpson can tackle now. But it does look like he has improved on wrapping up...
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        Yah, I mentioned him laying out Henderson in the endzone.

Comment

Working...
                        X