PDA

View Full Version : Plan of Fred Jackson making the roster.

HHURRICANE
08-12-2007, 09:48 AM
I think Dick expected this result. Pretty safe to say that Shaud is going to see less time in the next game. Can Shaud catch a pass? No.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/139377.html

“I would be remiss if I didn’t talk about Freddy Jackson,” head coach Dick Jauron said. “He did stand out in that football game. I think anybody who watched that football game would notice Fred Jackson. The effort he gave, the plays that he made were really good ones.”
With first-round draft pick Marshawn Lynch, veterans Anthony Thomas and Shaud Williams and impressive rookie Dwayne Wright in camp, Jackson tends to get overlooked.
But the Bills are aware of him. Last season on the practice squad he was effective in practice going against the starting defense, Jauron said.
“There’s a lot of good things about Fred Jackson, and you saw them [Friday],” Jauron said. “He’s very athletic. The question was how he would look in an exhibition game. He looked pretty good. Now the question will be who is he playing against. I think Fred may just continue to answer all the questions in the positive as we move on."

HHURRICANE
08-12-2007, 10:10 AM
This is the part where you post and hope that Shaud is finally off this team.

BSU Drew
08-12-2007, 10:18 AM
If they dont get rid of Williams after watching this guy it is hopeless..

cocamide
08-12-2007, 10:48 AM
No way Shaud makes the team unless it's possible to trade Jackson to a team for a DT or something.

Philagape
08-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Wait let me prepare for it .................

OK I'm ready.

justasportsfan
08-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Marv was raving about him weeks(months?) ago. Maybe the senile old guy knwos what he's talking about.

gil
08-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I hope Fred makes it, I've been rooting for him since last pre-season. And, what a bonus it would be to get rid of Shaud.

HHURRICANE
08-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I hope Fred makes it, I've been rooting for him since last pre-season. And, what a bonus it would be to get rid of Shaud.

I heard he looked great in Europe. Don't let his age scare you because he doesn't have too much wear and tear.

Yasgur's Farm
08-12-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree Williams is out and I'd love to keep Jackson... But how many RB's we gonna keep?

Start with...
Lynch
Wright

Add 1 or 2 of the following...
Thomas
Jackson
Scobey

Who goes?

John Doe
08-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I agree Williams is out and I'd love to keep Jackson... But how many RB's we gonna keep?

Start with...
Lynch
Wright

Add 1 or 2 of the following...
Thomas
Jackson
Scobey

Who goes?

Good question. I thought tha Scobey was going to be a lock to make the team based on special teams play - a Bobby April acquisition all the way. Now I am not so sure, but we still have not seen Scobey perform for the Bills. He would definately be the number 2 kickoff returner in my opinion and is a good gunner as well. That is one of the problems faced by Jackson: what can he contriubute on special teams.

Even with his good play Jackson does not stand to get much playing time in the regular season, so what do you do with him if he does not play special teams? Its possible that just might feature Jackson in the preseason and try to get something for him in a trade, but we already have a lot of draft picks and there are not a lot of looming free agents on the team, so that does not do us much good either. I don't think that we could hide him on the practice squad after the game he had on Friday.

Maybe they keep Jackson as a 4th and he does not get activated for game days unless one of the other backs is injured.

I guess that it is a good problem to have.

PECKERWOOD
08-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I hope Jackson makes the team, I like him. Give him more reps, this time with more of the 2nd team.

Yasgur's Farm
08-12-2007, 02:13 PM
We'll see how the preseason pans out (injuries etc.)... But if I'm coach, the older guy (Thomas, Scobey) may be the odd man out.

patmoran2006
08-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I agree with John Doe.

Whomever is the 4th HB (either Jackson or Williams) will make the roster but barring injury won't be activated on game-day.

I think A-Train stays because of being the lone vet presence and Scobee for special teams.

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't get the excitement for a 5th string RB at the end of the 1st preseason game.

justasportsfan
08-12-2007, 03:53 PM
We'll see how the preseason pans out (injuries etc.)... But if I'm coach, the older guy (Thomas, Scobey) may be the odd man out.
no way A-Train gets cut. If ATrain is gone and either Lynch or Wright get's injured, we're back to having a thin wr corps.

NOw if someone were to give up a pick for him, that would be another question.

Mitchy moo
08-12-2007, 09:40 PM
fast freddie :bf1: