X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I didn't want to bring this up but....

It was JP's first game and I'm a big JP fan but he was doing some of his old stuff that makes me nervous. The double clutch and the dancing feet thing. Last year it seemed like he all but got rid of both and I was kind of surprised to see it back again.

This is purely technique we are talking about and maybe I am over-analyzing this so I'm qualifying my statement. SO DON'T FREAK OUT!!

Any thoughts on this?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: I didn't want to bring this up but....

Vanilla
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bills_7
      TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
      • Mar 2004

there is nothing to worry about, he played really well, great awarness and good reeds

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Let me be really, really, clear for some of you that didn't get breast fed long enough as infants.

I'm not saying that JP sucks, or he's going to suck. I am asking a specific question related to technique.

Did anybody else notice it?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Let me be really, really, clear for some of you that didn't get breast fed long enough as infants.

I'm not saying that JP sucks, or he's going to suck. I am asking a specific question related to technique.

Did anybody else notice it?
          Yeah, I think it's called first game jitters and everybody had them.

Comment

• cocamide
            • Oct 2006

I noticed the O-Line not holding up. This reminds me of old times

Comment

• Scumbag College
              • Oct 2002

He only played two series but made three great plays, all using his feet. The scramble play resulted in response to a bad snap in shotgun and a blitzing defense, resulting in a first down. The second play he stepped up in the pocket, avoiding a pass rush and hit Lee Evans in the chest with a pass despite being under intense pressure. Lee dropped it, but it would have been a first down. The third play he had time in the pocket, but eventually the protection broke down, scrambled to his right and put another throw on the money to Reed which was a first down.

He's not a stationary QB, and he won't remind you of Peyton Manning. I think it was more of a case of having to move to avoid pressure and make plays than just happy feet. I don't think think it's time to panic about JP reverting back to his second year in the league. I thought he was really accurate and moved around pretty well.
              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

Working...
              X