PDA

View Full Version : proof that the Sabres were'nt going to bring back Briere & Drury

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Here's a conspiracy theory for ya guys...
Perhaps the Sabres did bring out the jerseys last year for a REAL GOOD reason.
Brand new Blue and Gold Jerseys get released in 2006.

Who are people going to get on their brand new Blue and Gold jerseys?
Why Briere and Drury of course, our captains!

At this point management knew that they were going to let Drury and Briere go at the end of the season and NOT change the jersey designs, so where does that leave a lot of people for the 07-08 season?

That's right! Buying new jerseys to replace their Drury and Briere jerseys from last year.

So you see, letting Drury/Briere go this offseason was already decided back in August of last year as the main factor in selling more jerseys when the RBK EDGE jerseys are released and the Sabres do not have to spend any extra money in marketing or merchandising like they did last year.

Just call me "Encyclopedia Brown"..... or the Scooby Doo Gang....

http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=27805

Philagape
08-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm convinced.

Michael82
08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm convinced.
:rofl:

BlackMetalNinja
08-12-2007, 03:18 PM
I have a new theory around here... If Losman Wins says it, it must be true :up:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I have a new theory around here... If Losman Wins says it, it must be true :up:

Um I didn't write this it was some guy over at www.sabres.com on the message boards I have a :link: to it

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Further proof to stay away from the forums a sabres.com.

BlackMetalNinja
08-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Um I didn't write this it was some guy over at www.sabres.com (http://www.sabres.com) on the message boards I have a :link: to it

Yes, and such is the case with all the BS rumors you post. My point was if you are the one that says it on THIS board, it must be true! You've got such a great track record in the past and all.

Dude
08-12-2007, 07:07 PM
:rofl:

Uniform changes were decided on well in advance of all them deciding not to retain Drury and Briere.

Crisis
08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
LOL

Dumbest conspiracy ever.

CuseJetsFan83
08-12-2007, 07:41 PM
this is about as dumb as someone trying to say they wont do the throwback bills jerseys because of willis mcdumbass

seriously, can you make posts that aren't moronic?

OpIv37
08-12-2007, 08:35 PM
so, the Sabres are going to sell MORE jerseys by releasing the two players whose jerseys sell the best right when the new jerseys are released?

That's insanity.

BTW, news flash: advertising makes a lot more money than merchandising, and getting extra playoff games sells more advertising. It reminds me of this little exchange from The Simpsons:

Homer: Okay, boy. This is where all the hard work, sacrifice and painful scaldings pay off.
Clerk: Four pounds of grease. That comes to... sixty-three cents.
Homer: Woo-hoo!
Bart: Dad, all that bacon cost twenty-seven dollars.
Homer: Yeah, but your mom paid for that.
Bart: But, doesn't she get her money from you?
Homer: And I get my money from grease. What's the problem?

JD
08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Skooby go find a good tree, im sure someone here could get you some strong rope.

jk, DONT DOO IT SKOOOOB! lol

BlackMetalNinja
08-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Skooby go find a good tree, im sure someone here could get you some strong rope.

jk, DONT DOO IT SKOOOOB! lol

Um, that's kind of uncalled for to begin with, but especially so when Skooby hasn't even posted in the thread...

RedEyE
08-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Patti?

clumping platelets
08-13-2007, 09:11 AM
:dizzy:

SabreEleven
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Why do I bother to open these? :ill:

Nighthawk
08-13-2007, 08:54 PM
When is this stuff from this guy going to be labeled SPAM and immediately deleted? Just asking...