Let's get this through some peoples head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Let's get this through some peoples head.

IT WAS THE BILLS 1ST PRESEASON GAME!!!!!

LAST TIME THEY PLAYED WAS 7 MONTHS AGO!

BILLIEVE
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Let's get this threw some peoples head.

Originally posted by Mitch20

Another thing....its not like Kelly and B. Smith never had bad games.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Oh come on the fact that it was our first game in months against a team whose already played twice and has arguably the best offense in football.......and we won.....on the road...........means nothing.

We suck.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitch20

Ok.

And players magically get better when the word "pre" changes to "regular". I'm sorry, but Chris Kelsay and Tim Anderson getting pushed COMPLETELY out of the play won't change once the real games start. Robert Royal isn't suddenly going to learn to keep his head in the game once the real games start. Peerless Price isn't suddenly going to become relevant for the first time in 5 years once the real games start.

We go through this every year. At first, "it's only OTA's- it's not time to panic yet- let's wait til pre season." Then pre season starts and the team looks like **** and it's "well it was their first time out in 7 months and they used a vanilla game plan- they'll be better when the real games start." Then the real games start and guess what? They're not any better.

You know, it's pre-season for our opponents too. They're running "vanilla" game plans and giving their scrubs a chance to make the team as well. I don't know why everyone thinks our opponents are playing like it's the damn Super Bowl and we're playing "vanilla". If we get better when the season starts SO DOES EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE ****ING LEAGUE.

Pre season is as close as it gets to the real thing, so it's a pretty damn good barometer.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
            Oh come on the fact that it was our first game in months against a team whose already played twice and has arguably the best offense in football.......and we won.....on the road...........means nothing.

We suck.

If we lose a pre season game, winning in pre season doesn't matter. After all, we never won in the pre season during the glory years.

But if we win during the pre season, somehow it's a good sign?

Please, our starters on D looked like they could get beat by most D1 college teams. If we want to win, we'll have to stop good offenses. Period.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla admin
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin

We suck.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

And one more thing- I keep hearing about how our players are going to benefit from another year in the system and how the 2nd year guys are going to be so much better.

Well, if that was the case, why didn't it show on Sunday? I thought that 7 months of working in the system was supposed to help them, not make them appear rusty. Something has to give.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Pre season is as close as it gets to the real thing, so it's a pretty damn good barometer.
                  After all, we never won in the pre season during the glory years.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                    Did our starters look like **** in pre season during the glory years? Didn't think so.

Pre season w/l is irrelevant but how starters look in pre season sure as hell isn't.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Did our starters look like **** in pre season during the glory years? Didn't think so.

Pre season w/l is irrelevant but how starters look in pre season sure as hell isn't.
                      i thought the bills never did well preseason in the glory days. Hell did the starters even play?

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                        i thought the bills never did well preseason in the glory days. Hell did the starters even play?
                        we rarely won but I don't remember how much the starters played in preseason. I also don't remember ever thinking things like "Wow, Bruce Smith and James Lofton look like ****".
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

we rarely won but I don't remember how much the starters played in preseason. I also don't remember ever thinking things like "Wow, Bruce Smith and James Lofton look like ****".
                          Well they need some tinkering. I would like to see Poz start for Digorio, and Greer start for webster next week. On offense i would like to see Preston at center, Walker at guard and pennington at right tackle. Thats just me. I don't think well see those line changes but the changes on D can't come soon enought.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

While I think Op is way over blowing the realities to be drawn from one preseason game (after all starters dont get to play more than a series or two till the second and third game) we also played against a team who was already on their second game and was using a more advanced game plan (ie. stunts and blitzes). But does that mean our players should look like crap? No, to make it simpler, we (as in those on this board) have been told all offseason that our 2nd year players will develop and they will show improvement (thats those months in which we havent played football for those that are lost). Now we hear that the reason player Z looked bad was because we went through the offseason? Im confused by this. In reality our vets like Kelsay and Anderson shouldnt look like crap, well ok maybe Anderson. Even if they havent played in 7 months, one would think that they've used the countless OTA's, and the early Training Camp to get into shape. Now some may say that its only the pre-season and that the starters dont really give it there all, which would also bother me knowing that Tim Anderson should be fighting for his life, and a guy who we just gave a huge payday to in Chris Kelsay should be fighting to assure that he is the true starter on the other side of the ball. Maybe thats just me however. All in all I thought we played well and disciplined and I took good things from that game. However if some of our players dont start looking better in the next few games preseason or not, it could be a long season.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• dolphan117
                              • Dec 2005

I'm all for throwing peoples heads.

Comment

Working...
                              X