• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

I think the arguing should stop

Just give it up people. Wait a few weeks and the real games will start being played. And then it will be quite evident that the team has some glaring weaknesses that will be grossly exploited resulting in losses. I figure around week three the homers are going to start proclaiming "we are on the right track to win the superbowl NEXT YEAR." What a bunch of tools. It's great we have top knotch special teams though...too bad the two units that are on the field most are not that good. I'm looking forward to the season...but I'm looking forward to the potential of pulling maybe an upset or two not going to the playoffs. If we make the playoffs this year I'll eat a double order of suicide wings at the opener next season.
    Last edited by Typ0; 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: I think the arguing should stop

Originally posted by Typ0
    Just give it up people. Wait a few weeks and the real games will start being played. And then it will be quite evident that the team has some glaring weaknesses that will be grossly exploited resulting in losses. I figure around week three the homers are going to start proclaiming "we are on the right track to win the superbowl NEXT YEAR." What a bunch of tools. It's great we have top knotch special teams though...too bad the two units that are on the field most are not that good. I'm looking forward to the season...but I'm looking forward to the potential of pulling maybe an upset or two not going to the playoffs. If we make the playoffs this year I'll eat a double order of suicide wings and the opener next season.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

let's see...the offense got a step better and the defense took four steps backward. It will be a miracle if we don't get into double digit losses this year. I can hear the "it's going to be a tough year" pain in DJs voice every time I hear him speak.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

In reality we cannot say how much better or worse we are from last year until we get our FULL roster together and play some regular season games. Check in after game 4 and let's see how we look then, until then all I will say if ST wins SB's then we are a lock for rings (they don't).

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          In reality we cannot say how much better or worse we are from last year until we get our FULL roster together and play some regular season games. Check in after game 4 and let's see how we look then, until then all I will say if ST wins SB's then we are a lock for rings (they don't).
          You're right...we're REALLY going to be looking forward to that JET game in week four!

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

i think we will be a better team this season.
            Is that so wrong?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by shelby
              Is that so wrong?
              The sad part is that had if we had done what we said we were going to do which was to address BOTH lines we would be a much improved team this year.

I actually believe that we are only 2 DLs away from making a wildcard game. Giving Darwin Walker the impression he could walk and letting him is looking like a major mistake.

Any vets that could help save this D?!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                Is that so wrong?

not at all. You are entitled to your opinion. You are much more a middle of the roader than a blatant homer anyway.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

I too think their record will be better. The team was much improved int eh 2nd half of last season. The defense is young and will have 2nd year players instead of rookies. Players that did not fit the system are gone, replaced by guys that do fit the system. The defense has had a full year to play in the system and that should help. The Bills have the same QB and offensive coordinator for the first time in 7 years.

They are highly unlikey to win it all this year, but I can see an improvement from last season.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    I too think their record will be better. The team was much improved int eh 2nd half of last season. The defense is young and will have 2nd year players instead of rookies. Players that did not fit the system are gone, replaced by guys that do fit the system. The defense has had a full year to play in the system and that should help. The Bills have the same QB and offensive coordinator for the first time in 7 years.

They are highly unlikey to win it all this year, but I can see an improvement from last season.
                    that's great as long as our improvements are good enough to beat:

Denver
                    Pittsburg
                    New England
                    Dallas
                    Baltimore
                    Cincinatti
                    Washington
                    New York Giants
                    Philadelphia

and JETS, CRYAMI and JAX stay the same as they were at.

I'm sorry, but our team has not gotten better as a whole. The DL is horriffic. We lost one of the top corners in the league as well as LBs. We still have marginal receivers behind Lee Evans. Our schedule is brutal this year and last year it was just average. In terms of wins, I don't see us getting better and like I said I'd be surprised to win the 7 we won last season.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

keep the negs coming homers!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

Arguing should stop?

Arguing season just started and it won't end until February.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          Arguing should stop?

what are you trying to say here? Whatever it is you're wrong unless you are right.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            Arguing should stop?

I disagree it doesnt end till May after the Draft happens
                            COMING SOON...
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I think we'll likely see about the same record as last year but some marked improvement in skill areas, just not enough to put together wins.
                              COMING SOON...
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X