X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Looks like Vick will miss the season

Two NFL sources said that commissioner Roger Goodell soon will suspend Michael Vick for the 2007 season.

Not really news, but still ... sucks to be the Falcons right now.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Looks like Vick will miss the season

I guess this confirms it then, Vick has a problem.

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

John Butler should pat himself on the back.

One of his last moves as GM - and possibly his best overall - was passing Ron Mexico in order to get Ladanian Tomlinson and Drew Brees.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Looks like 'illegal gambling' not the dog fights wil allow them to throw him out of the league.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Goodell is smart. There will be a giant contingency of "Animals Rights" activists set up for the trial so the NFL is going to get ahead of this quickly.

I actually think Vick is completely finished in football.

I'm embarrassed for the people that made this a race issue early on.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

buh bye punk
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by casdhf
              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Not really news, but still ... sucks to be the Falcons right now.
              The Falcons have no one but themselves to blame. They hitched their wagon to Vick with all the money they've thrown at him, and after trading away Schaub. At the least they should have used one of the draft picks they got in the Schaub trade for a QB (of the future), but they did nothing and now HAVE nothing except for Joey Harrington.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Goodell is smart. There will be a giant contingency of "Animals Rights" activists set up for the trial so the NFL is going to get ahead of this quickly.

I think the race card was given a tombstone with the culmination of the OJ trial. No matter how despicable the crime the race card will not bail anyone out any longer. The people who claim Michael Vick is being pursued as some sort of racial witchhunt, by proxy, condone dog fighting whether they admit to it or not.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I totally agree with you. I think that Vick will be blacklisted and none of the teams will even think about signing his ass. If he isn't banned, he just won't be wanted by anyone.

Comment

• TrentEdwards2008
                    • Aug 2007

LOL Harrington sucks!

We should trade Nall to the falcons for some defensive help because we still have a lot of holes.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                      I think the race card was given a tombstone with the culmination of the OJ trial. No matter how despicable the crime the race card will not bail anyone out any longer. The people who claim Michael Vick is being pursued as some sort of racial witchhunt, by proxy, condone dog fighting whether they admit to it or not.
                      I threw in race because every black radio personality went out of their way to defend Vick's previous actions and blame it on racism. And in spite of mounting evidence on the dog fighting issue they chose to say "innocent til proven guilty".

However, since he's been indicted you only hear the cricketts chirping.

In addition our racist Mayor has gone out on a limb several times defending him of course until he got indicted.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Anyone else love how all the other co-defendants are taking plea deals? I wonder how scared Vick is....

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

I threw in race because every black radio personality went out of their way to defend Vick's previous actions and blame it on racism. And in spite of mounting evidence on the dog fighting issue they chose to say "innocent til proven guilty".

However, since he's been indicted you only hear the cricketts chirping.

In addition our racist Mayor has gone out on a limb several times defending him of course until he got indicted.
                          Yeah, I know I know. A lot of those kind of personalities are playing that card. In the end they're going to look like fools once the trial starts. You just don't get indicted by the feds for nothing and the federal judge will not bow to their pressure. I find it amazing that these people would even try to play that angle in the light of the mounting evidence. They just don't want to see one of their own fall no matter what he did wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X