X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Kelsay?

What is everyone's opinion of Kelsay? He got the big contract, but I am really not sure what he has ever done and why he got paid.

Is he that much better than Denney? He seems worse than Hargrove. Is it just because he is a good team guy/leader?

He looked to be a non factor in the game on Friday.

A major problem in the game on Friday was the amount of time Brees had on his passes. We had this same problem last year....

LDE seems to be a big hole on this team, which probably shouldn't be the case after paying Kelsay all that money.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Kelsay?

he was neutralized by the RG (no double team) on every play- he never even got near the QB on passing plays and got half a tackle on running plays. He was terrible.

I didn't like the big contract he got and he showed why on Friday. They even put Powell in, who was also a non-factor, but one has to wonder why Kelsay is making more than Schobel when Powell can do the same job for league minimum.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

We are gonna have the best passrushing team.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        he was neutralized by the RG (no double team) on every play- he never even got near the QB on passing plays and got half a tackle on running plays. He was terrible.

I didn't like the big contract he got and he showed why on Friday. They even put Powell in, who was also a non-factor, but one has to wonder why Kelsay is making more than Schobel when Powell can do the same job for league minimum.
        I agree. He was non-existent.

It was frustrating when they gave him that contract. Even he seem surprised. Then to actually watch him play on Friday, made it even worse.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Lynch looks like a bust too after 1 preseason game. Maybe we should start a thread about that.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Lynch is a rookie.

Kelsay is in year what now? And Lynch has more talent and athleticism in his pinkie than Kelsay

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
              Lynch is a rookie.

Kelsay is in year what now? And Lynch has more talent and athleticism in his pinkie than Kelsay
              The consensus here is that based on where he was drafted, he should've been able to handle more than 3 yards in 2 carries whether he's a rookie or not.

Pittman did better than that.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Lynch looks like a bust too after 1 preseason game. Maybe we should start a thread about that.
                There are definitely some issues that are too early to tell still. Its really too hard to tell from 2 carries about Marshawn. I think its too early to tell about most things.

Some, I don't think its too early to tell and one is Chris Kelsay.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                  Some, I don't think its too early to tell and one is Chris Kelsay.
                  It's too early for any player. Are you gonna put JP in that list with Kelsay? JP didn't look all that either and how long has he been in this league?

BTW, if the first preseason game is any indication, should we make Reed MVP ? it goes both ways .
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• cocamide
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    The consensus here is that based on where he was drafted, he should've been able to handle more than 3 yards in 2 carries whether he's a rookie or not.

Pittman did better than that.
                    If Lynch played against our D on Friday, he'd probably have 3 carries for about 25-30 yards.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Can anyone tell me how many sacks he and Denney combined for? More than most of the DEs in the NFL. I will keep those two rotating until someone comes along better.

Anyone got any suggestions on who we can replace him with? I highly doubt the combination of Denney/Powell or Denny/Hargrove is going to net more sacks than Denney/Kelsay.

Yes they both need work in with the run defense... who on our team doesn't?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                        Can anyone tell me how many sacks he and Denney combined for? More than most of the DEs in the NFL. I will keep those two rotating until someone comes along better.
                        word.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cocamide
                          If Lynch played against our D on Friday, he'd probably have 3 carries for about 25-30 yards.
                          Are you implying he's better than Bush because Bush didn't even achieve that?
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jamze132

Anyone got any suggestions on who we can replace him with? I highly doubt the combination of Denney/Powell or Denny/Hargrove is going to net more sacks than Denney/Kelsay.

Yes they both need work in with the run defense... who on our team doesn't?
                            11.5. (6 by Denney, all in 2 games)

The thread was about Kelsay though, primarily because of the amount of money he is making. I can see Kelsay as a good rotating DE with Denney for 1/4 of the price they are paying him, but I don't see a rotating DE being worth what we are paying Kelsay.

Its hard to find another option, when you have so much money invested into one player.

I do think Denny/Hargrove could generate as many sacks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                              11.5. (6 by Denney, all in 2 games)

The thread was about Kelsay though, primarily because of the amount of money he is making. I can see Kelsay as a good rotating DE with Denney for 1/4 of the price they are paying him, but I don't see a rotating DE being worth what we are paying Kelsay.

Its hard to find another option, when you have so much money invested into one player.

I do think Denny/Hargrove could generate as many sacks.

nobody is denying Kelsay is being overpaid. Whether or not he sucks is another thing.

JP showed improvement over the year before as did Kelsay. It just happened that Kelsay's contract was up and not JP.

I'm almost sure that if JP's contract was up, we would've had to overpay for his services if we wanted to keep him based on the new CBA .

JP showed progress in his first year under the new system and so did Kelsay. Let's see what they both can do in their second year.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X